• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Zen said:
By the way, the programming director of Legends 3 said "I'm sorry everyone, I should have stayed quiet." and his earlier twitter, or what have you, was removed. Capcom clamped down on him for 'speaking out'?

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...director-offers-us-encouragement/&h=0AQBIeWcn
This is a little sad to hear, not sure what to make of it. But it does mean we won't hear a peep out of anyone concerning this game until Capcom decides to release another official statement.

Terrible news, just found out about this today. It's an ironic shame because one of the IGN editorials earlier this month railing against NOA for not bringing over Xenoblade and Last Story cited MML 3's gamer input with Capcom as an example that Nintendo should look to for in how to treat its fans better. So much for that. The house that built Mega Man has apparently lost its mind since Inafune left. How is a MM Legends title any more niche or "risky" than a game like Okamiden? This doesn't make any sense at all and just smacks of terribly incompetent management.

OMG... What is happening.

I'll be featured on CNN as in "young man goes on rampage due to Megaman Legends 3 cancellation."

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, I was just kidding. LOL

Sammy Samusu said:

I'll be featured on CNN as in "young man goes on rampage due to Megaman Legends 3 cancellation."

In these days of twitters and price drops and 4chan screencaps, you can never be too careful!

Zen

Banned
SwiftSketcher said:
This is a little sad to hear, not sure what to make of it. But it does mean we won't hear a peep out of anyone concerning this game until Capcom decides to release another official statement.

I hope that they release a statement one way or another. It would be so Capcom if they just continued on like nothing happened. I doubt that CoA would let that happen though, they'd probably community to some degree. :\

It is a real shame that we won't hear anything out of the team, I understand why of course, but it still sucks that we aren't even getting anything from them in an official capcity either.

Agent Unknown said:
Terrible news, just found out about this today. It's an ironic shame because one of the IGN editorials earlier this month railing against NOA for not bringing over Xenoblade and Last Story cited MML 3's gamer input with Capcom as an example that Nintendo should look to for in how to treat its fans better. So much for that. The house that built Mega Man has apparently lost its mind since Inafune left. How is a MM Legends title any more niche or "risky" than a game like Okamiden? This doesn't make any sense at all and just smacks of terribly incompetent management.

There are ways you can still help. Honestly, it's getting noticed and if you know anyone else who would contribute, by all means let them know.

Join the Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon?sk=wall
Join Capcoms Devgroup and become a servbot: http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom
Sign the Petition in devroom forum.

Sammy Samusu said:

Well done, you've just done irreparable damage to any fan effort that could possible revive the game. You've probably also done indirect damage to the 3DS'/Nintendo's/Capcom's public image as well.

As a guy who has studied Public Relations as part of his degree, I feel qualified in saying that you've fucked up badly (please tell me you're joking).

http://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon?sk=wall

Close to 35k. :eek:

Nuclear Muffin said:
Well done, you've just done irreparable damage to any fan effort that could possible revive the game. You've probably also done indirect damage to the 3DS'/Nintendo's/Capcom's public image as well.

As a guy who has studied Public Relations as part of his degree, I feel qualified in saying that you've fucked up badly (please tell me you're joking).
Boo, please.

You know I would never damage Nintendo's public image. I'm Nintendo.

Zen

Banned
PSFan said:
So what are the chances Capcom will re-consider the cancellation if 3DS sales better once the price drop happens?

There's always a chance. As with most things, it won't can't hurt. In fact it probably can only help the cause, so yeah.

Busaiku said:
I don't think they'll be reaching that 100k.

It has yet to go below 1000 like in a day, so we'll see. It might even come close to 35 000 tonight and should reach 40 in another 4-5 days.

There were people that said it wouldn't even break 1000. The real important thing is that people participate and show their support.

Busaiku said:
I don't think they'll be reaching that 100k.
Yeah, like mentioned before, there have been detractors for every thousandth of the way. I still remember the screwattack vid that mocked everyone at the 5000 mark, calling it a lost cause, and then we reached 20,000, and they did it again. And now we're nearing double that much. Obviously we were going to hit that period of slowdown, which is about now it seems, but the outpouring is still going at a decent rate. (Honestly, the fact it took till now to slow down is surprising!) What I don't get is why this 'cause' in particular gets some press with only the intention of ridiculing us. We just want to show there is an audience for the game. Is OP Rainfall doubted this much? The Tales petition? We'll see what happens, but we've amassed a good enough amount of numbers to have a presence they can't just brush away.

PSFan said:
So what are the chances Capcom will re-consider the cancellation if 3DS sales better once the price drop happens?
Greater for sure. I mean, sales are obviously going to explode at that price, making it less of a risk to release any kind of software. Whether it's great enough to convince Capcom, we don't know.

Roto13

Zen said:
There's always a chance. As with most things, it won't can't hurt. In fact it probably can only help the cause, so yeah.

It has yet to go below 1000 like in a day, so we'll see. It might even come close to 35 000 tonight and should reach 40 in another 4-5 days.

There were people that said it wouldn't even break 1000. The real important thing is that people participate and show their support.
That's kind of assuming interest isn't going to drop off as people start forgetting about MML3, though. This time next week there probably won't be nearly as many people joining every day.

Zen said:
Things you can do: all three are important
1) 'Like' The facebook group here
2) Become a member of Capcon-unity and become a servbot using your facebook profile (or not, not sure if that part really matters) here
3) Sign this petition here

Just did all three and I am now Servbot # 011181.

Zen

Banned
The Facebook group just hit 35 000. Had 1293 likes yesterday.
http://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon

Servbot uptake is very high, and is now over 11 000.

The devroom passed TvC now and is on its way to beating the Okami group. The real big hurtle will be getting it to hang with the Lost Planet and Dead Rising groups, but considering that it was being beaten by General game discussion (4500 ish members) like 2-3 days ago? Things are looking good.

Group numbers around Legends 3:

Dead Rising 19558 Members
Lost Planet 17841 Members
Okami 14595 Members
MegaMan Legends 3 Devroom 13384 Members
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 12737 Members

Rolls Wrap up from yesterday:

Friday, July 29, 2011Roll's Wrap-Up: 07/28/11
David here. Today's Wrap-Up is possibly the most important one so far, so get ready.

August 19th is the first thing we should talk about. On this date, Japan's Devroom will fully shut down. It's been talked about here quite well, but allow me to provide an excerpt.

"I feel this date is important to consider, as it marks it a for sure point in time where Capcom will decide to either finish their cancellation plans, or perhaps do something else. On the US cancellation Q&A, there is no mention of the date, which might be why so many people neglect to mention it. Furthermore, the US Devroom cancellation was dealt with differently, allowing users to still join and post in the Devroom forums. The Q&A mentions this, explaining that the “Dev Room will remain open in a limited capacity, so you can PM those people now and in the future. “ The act of leaving open the Devroom has offered hope to some people, but the rest of the Q&A makes it quite clear the Capcom has no plans to continue Mega Man Legends 3 or use the ideas from the Devroom anytime in the future. Which, makes the decision for leaving it open and allowing for people to still get Servbot numbers all the more curious."

This does make things seem a bit more unsettling in some ways. We have the North American devroom, but for how much longer? Obviously, we should not delay as the time to take action is now, but we need a deadline to pressure us to achive our goals. Numbers get tossed around a lot, but I think that we should be striving for AT LEAST 25,000 Devroom members and 20,000 Servbots. I think it is possible, so long as we spread the word. The more we can get in a short span of time, the better. Showing Capcom our support and voice on thier own turf is the best thing we've got right now, so keep it up.

In related news, Fujikawa's Twitter page is gone. There are no further details on the matter, so consider any reasoning behind it pure speculation. That being said, we know that what he spoke was purely from a consumer's mindset.

By tomorrow, the Facebook page should hit 35,000 hits. Good job guys! With that being said, I would like to ask something of every active member here. If you know just a single person who would be willing to help out by liking us and becoming a Servbot, tell them about our cause. As we've said prior, we are going at a good pace and slumps and spikes are normal. However, the bigger a group is, the more support they get. We are not trying to get special recognition, we simply want all the external support we can get to help the cause. Be civil, don't spam, and never forget what we are fighintg for. Remember, we have to show Capcom we are civil, dedicated, and serious, and we need all the help we can get. If we could get another number spike up in a relatively quick amount of time, that would really help something that we are truly adamant about: the international front.

Thanks to out friends at International Strategies, we are rolling out the movement wround the world. Our goal is to be fully rolled out by this weekend, and all looks well. Additionally, we are pleased to announce that Arabic and German pages are now available, so please check those, as well as all the others, right here. To all of our friends across the world, thank you. We only wish we could do more, but it is not our strength, which is why we must say thanks once again to our friends at International Strategies. Additional liasons are coming soon as well, and all of them will be posted on ther blog and International Strategies very soon.

Lastly, let's talk about the 3DS. If you haven't heard by now, Nintendo has dropped the price significantly in all regions effective mid-August. A more economical unit leads to more people buying it (or so we hope). Let us show 3rd party developers that they need not be afraid of releasing thier efforts on the 3DS. If you do not own one already, and were planning to get one anyways, get one now. Why? Not only will you get 20 free games, but it will be a profit to them. That way, they get the original profit, you get a system you were going to get anyways, plus some exclusive releases, and 3rd parties see the adoption rate go up. I know not everyone has 250 USD or equivalent to blow, but if you were thinking about getting one anyways, you might as well do it now.

That is all for now, we wait for the dawn. Remember, that while nothing is gauranteed, our efforts are not in vain. Legends Never Die!

http://getmeoffthemoon.blogspot.com/

Dynedom

I remember there being a discussion about this before but I guess Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 are never making it onto PSN? Was it one of the developers who said it was impossible or unlikely to happen ever?

If those games hit PSN and got mass downloads, you'd think that would re-spark Capcom's interest. =\

Zen

Banned
That would be preferable to nothing at all, honestly. :p

Yeah the games aren't coming to PSN due to some issues with voicework royalties and such.

ezekial45

Banned
Dynedom said:
I remember there being a discussion about this before but I guess Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 are never making it onto PSN? Was it one of the developers who said it was impossible or unlikely to happen ever?

If those games hit PSN and got mass downloads, you'd think that would re-spark Capcom's interest. =\
The reason why they can't bring it to U.S PSN is because of the voice overs. The contracts for actors didn't anticipate digital distribution as a means for sales of MML1/2, so either new contracts have to be made or they would have to be redubbed.

wwm0nkey

ezekial45 said:
The reason why they can't bring it to U.S PSN is because of the voice overs. The contracts for actors didn't anticipate digital distribution as a means for sales of MML1/2, so either new contracts have to be made or they would have to be redubbed.
and I doubt they want to do a new contract with Tiesel's VA.

Roto13

FTH said:
So you just sit in here and play Duck Hunt with people's dreams?

:p
LLShC.gif

Zen

Banned
Leona Lewis said:
Wow, those actually look terrible. Camera's giving me headaches.

And something about it gives me awful "Mode 7" flashbacks from the GBA days of portable 3D.

It's pretty good for a prototype not yet in full development, to be honest.

Boney

Banned
SwiftSketcher said:
Yeah, like mentioned before, there have been detractors for every thousandth of the way. I still remember the screwattack vid that mocked everyone at the 5000 mark, calling it a lost cause, and then we reached 20,000, and they did it again. And now we're nearing double that much. Obviously we were going to hit that period of slowdown, which is about now it seems, but the outpouring is still going at a decent rate. (Honestly, the fact it took till now to slow down is surprising!) What I don't get is why this 'cause' in particular gets some press with only the intention of ridiculing us. We just want to show there is an audience for the game. Is OP Rainfall doubted this much? The Tales petition? We'll see what happens, but we've amassed a good enough amount of numbers to have a presence they can't just brush away.

Greater for sure. I mean, sales are obviously going to explode at that price, making it less of a risk to release any kind of software. Whether it's great enough to convince Capcom, we don't know.
can't believe those guys are laughing at the fans.

Zen

Banned
Ultimately it's a fantastic decision, now there needs to be some sort of planned media outreach in another week or so.

Dynedom

ezekial45 said:

Ah yes. That was the reason. 'Tis a shame. :(

Zen

Banned
I think the ultimate reason was also that one of the VA's became a convicted pedophile since the games came out, and they wouldn't want to negotiate a new contract with him. Also they aren't allowed to redo voicework on PS1 classics as they have to be a 1:1 transference.

wwm0nkey

Zen said:
I think the ultimate reason was also that one of the VA's became a convicted pedophile since the games came out, and they wouldn't want to negotiate a new contract with him. Also they aren't allowed to redo voicework on PS1 classics as they have to be a 1:1 transference.
Still VERY upset about that, why did it have to be Teisel's VA!?

Boney said:
can't believe those guys are laughing at the fans.
Yeah, It's one thing to kind of dismiss it, but to go out of their way and dedicate a portion of their show (twice!) just put down the cause and the supporters is just super shitty of them. ffs we've lost everything. This effort has nothing to lose, and the fanbase has every right to be pissed. But I guess if we don't have CoD numbers supporting us, there's no reason for us to fight back right? Until Capcom comes out and tells us they will not pursue Legends 3 in any form (which if at this point they won't revive the 3DS game, they might as well say) we have every reason to believe we can make them reconsider. (this isn't directed at you, just a a vent, haha)

Zen said:
Ultimately it's a fantastic decision, now there needs to be some sort of planned media outreach in another week or so.
Yeah, but now the effort has hit it's first roadblock, and it's vital that whoever is at the lead organize the top reps in this effort and relentlessly pursue coverage in the bigger media outlets. Protodude is right with his tweet: "100K4MML3 has peeked. I'm telling you guys, you gotta branch out to the big boys @kotaku @gamespot @g4 @ect or else that's it." I feel if we stay in the mode of "spread this to your friends and random fansites" session we're currently in, we're in trouble.

wwm0nkey said:
Still VERY upset about that, why did it have to be Teisel's VA!?
I'm fucking convinced that the planets of the universe have aligned to conspire against Legends :/

Roto13

The pedophile VA thing is just speculation. It's possible that they don't want to renegotiate a contract with a pedophile, but they might not do it even if that wasn't the case. Nobody at Capcom has ever actually gone on record saying it has anything to do with that one guy being a rapist.

Top Bottom