• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

I'll add you guys to the community list soon - be sure to note if you are on 360 or PS3 so it's easier to find, thanks! Also great matches in The Steakhouse, I had my notifications off on PS3 so I didn't see invites, but thanks for the invites anyway :)

Noi

welp.

I think I'm gonna call it a night with that, lol. Need to do stuff in the morning before tomorrow's tournament~ Someone send me one of those newfangled chat invites. PSN: Noisama.

I'll add you guys to the community list soon - be sure to note if you are on 360 or PS3 so it's easier to find, thanks! Also great matches in The Steakhouse, I had my notifications off on PS3 so I didn't see invites, but thanks for the invites anyway :)

PersonaGAF

Stick the sheet there while you're at it!

Wow.

Does anyone here play Kanji? I've lost to every single one I've played against.

Just played against one who knocked me down then did the command grab over and over again.

Couldn't jump away. DP only worked once then he caught on. Whenever I jumped he just did the auto combo and repeated the grabbing process.

EDIT: Just beat one. Only thing that seems to win against it is the DP. My game plan for Kanji's = don't get knocked down ever.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
welp.

I think I'm gonna call it a night with that, lol. Need to do stuff in the morning before tomorrow's tournament~

PersonaGAF

Stick the sheet there while you're at it!
God damn there are an assload of PSN users. I'm jelly.

Wish the 360 had text chatrooms as well.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This may be a stupid question but how do you download replays on the 360 side? The replay board filter for newest replays doesn't give me the prompt to download when I press A on someone's player card.

damn son, getting rocked by Labrys a million times in a row has me exhausted :p

i gotta get some sleep, i'll be playin some more tomorrow

You are pretty good at keeping the fan pressure coming. I think once you get some more experience dealing with close combat pressure you will see a lot more success.

Sorry if that wasn't fun for you. I was thinking of leaving because I figured I wasn't doing much for your enjoyment of the game.

That's something I don't know exactly how to deal with yet.

I'm not saying I'm great at the game or anything, I'd say I'm decent enough. I still get rocked pretty hard by people in ranked sometimes. But if one person is winning a lot then how do you deal with that?

In my experience with fighting games and friends, I usually had to lose intentionally otherwise they would lose interest in playing.

Do people find that insulting? Or is it alright to do it if the other person enjoys the game more?

Ken

In my experience with fighting games and friends, I usually had to lose intentionally otherwise they would lose interest in playing.

Do people find that insulting? Or is it alright to do it if the other person enjoys the game more?

I find it insulting.

That you aren't sharing your Labrys secrets!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Naoto's is unblockable, of course blocking isn't doing anything

Someone did it to me today. I sat next to her after the super flash, tapping crouching A over and over as the targets came up on the screen and my sword going through her. The initial IK missed, but I wasn't sure what to do to punish because she was invincible, so I took a step back to charge and walked right into a crosshair.

I just shrugged. There's no way I could have known that without seeing it before.

Shaffield

You are pretty good at keeping the fan pressure coming. I think once you get some more experience dealing with close combat pressure you will see a lot more success.

Sorry if that wasn't fun for you. I was thinking of leaving because I figured I wasn't doing much for your enjoyment of the game.

That's something I don't know exactly how to deal with yet.

I'm not saying I'm great at the game or anything, I'd say I'm decent enough. I still get rocked pretty hard by people in ranked sometimes. But if one person is winning a lot then how do you deal with that?

Lol, no worries man. alot of these gaf rooms are like that, we're all just testing out these combos on each other.

Its just a grind, totally necessary. I'm sure next time I play a Labrys I'll know what to look for :D

Ken

Someone did it to me today. I sat next to her after the super flash, tapping crouching A over and over as the targets came up on the screen and my sword going through her. The initial IK missed, but I wasn't sure what to do to punish because she was invincible, so I took a step back to charge and walked right into a crosshair.

I just shrugged. There's no way I would have known that without seeing it before.

Now you know!

There's also a small window afterwards where Naoto gets out of the IK and is stuck in animation where you're free to do terrible things.

PoorFate tell me your secrets so I can be non-scrub Labrys on the 360!

This and this and this.

Learn about her axe levels. Basic BnB's for leveing the axe to 5.

Levels 1-5 1) 5AAAA
2) 5A>5B>A+B(sweep)>214A
Levels 4-5 1)5AA>5A>5B>sj5B>j5C>214B
2)5A>5B>236A-AB(Spskill)>5AA>5AAAA

Any of these can be ended with Moujuu C or D. Moujuu D is the ender you use for Red Axe combo's because it uses up your axe level to increase the damage. Moujuu C doesn't and only does 3 hits.

Level 5 combo's in the combo thread. You basically want to build to level 5(red) so you can do your best combo's for over 5k damage per combo.

Top Bottom