• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (both games) coming to Switch, Aug 31st

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I wonder if this will be portable mode only like that 1 rhythm game. Couldn't imagine these sprites looking good all blown up without a ton of work going into the port.

I hope they end up succeeding. Or make the JP version dual-language at the very least.

jp version will have the same language options as the non-jp version according to famitsu. somehow couldn't double check on the official website as jp site somehow doesn't exist lol

I wonder if this will be portable mode only like that 1 rhythm game. Couldn't imagine these sprites looking good all blown up without a ton of work going into the port.

nope. all 3 modes supported (tv, portable, table-top)

I already have the first gunvolt 3 times what is one more time anyway eh?

Excited for this! Will buy again! Gotta support of of my favorite character!

There were a bunch of indie games that kept the sprite look on the Wii U. And Blaster Master Zero looked just fine in docked mode.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Shantae Pirate's Curse and Risky's Revenge both look fine as minimal effort ports on the TV.

Blaster Master Zero looks gross, however.

Those Shantae games aren't really Inti games; one of their artists contributed character illustrations but Wayforward designed and programmed everything.

Blaster Master Zero looks gross, however.

Those Shantae games aren't really Inti games; one of their artists contributed character illustrations but Wayforward designed and programmed everything.
Nah, I put around 15 hours into Blaster Master and it looks fine on the TV. It actually looks a little weird in handheld mode. And I never said the Shantae games were by IntiCreates. They're just examples of ports that didn't change much from their original handheld versions and turned out fine. Portrait art aside.

Saikyo

Nice, gunvolt 1 now has the same kudos system from gunvolt 2.

I just didnt liked the higher resolution, it seems they usa a strange filter and stuff that use polygons now pop out more.

I'm actually surprised, GAF.

Honestly, I thought they were going to troll and announce a Mighty No. 9 port...

I missed this on 3DS, so in for physical

Holy shit this is perfect. I never got around to grabbing the 3DS striker pack, and a 60fps upgrade is the ultimate finishing touch. If this gets a physical version I'm sold.

One issue I have is why does Gunvolt still use the same aspect ratio as it did on 3DS? It feels like they're rebuilding some things and maybe enough that they should be able to make the game full 16:9.

Blaster Master did that also. Always feels weird when we get ports of 2D 3DS games and they don't do that on HD systems.

Hell Mighty Gunvolt Burst uses a boarder with a 4:3 aspect ratio (maybe to retain the classic look, but then Blaster Master Zero...), but that's at least full 16:9 otherwise... it's weird.

SkyOdin

One issue I have is why does Gunvolt still use the same aspect ratio as it did on 3DS? It feels like they're rebuilding some things and maybe enough that they should be able to make the game full 16:9.

Blaster Master did that also. Always feels weird when we get ports of 2D 3DS games and they don't do that on HD systems.

Hell Mighty Gunvolt Burst uses a boarder with a 4:3 aspect ratio (maybe to retain the classic look, but then Blaster Master Zero...), but that's at least full 16:9 otherwise... it's weird.
Changing the aspect ratio would probably involve both redoing a lot of art assets and changing several parts of the gameplay. There are a lot of boss-fights in Gunvolt where the battlefield is fixed to a single screen. If you change the aspect ratio, you would change the dimensions of the boss fight rooms. The devs would then have to completely redesign the boss's attack patterns to match the new room dimensions. There are similar considerations to be made for a lot of other gameplay segments.

So... will this actually come out in Europe? The last we have heard of the striker pack for 3ds I Europe is that they are still "considering" it.

I'm still waiting for it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
60fps ? Now i dont feel so bad that i had to skip them on 3DS.

J@hranimo

Banned
60fps whew!

I've never played these games, but as with many games coming to the Switch I'll keep my eyes on them lol. I'm just glad more stuff is going to the Switch instead of 3DS, tired of that small screen with terrible resolution smh.

ryushe

... Kind of disliked the first game since I didn't like how it felt, but it now being 60fps as well as me never playing part 2 might make me pick this pack up if priced reasonably.

Top Bottom