• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extra Credits

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New ep up on what producers actually do. Good piece, nice to see a proper succint explanation of what we actually do.

Roto13

I like this one, and it raises a concern I've had for a while about so many modern shooters focusing on killing as many Arabs as possible.

jett

D-Member
PounchEnvy said:

I thought I might start this thread since I haven't seen it on GAF yet. It's sort of like Zero Punctuation except instead of game reviews it's more about games and the game industry.

Just to recap it first started out as a series of Youtube videos but has now found a fitting new home on The Escapist.

A new one should be popping up later today.

First time I encounter this thread. I'm really disappointed he didn't bring up The Witcher in that video you linked, it's everything the guy wanted. I guess he only plays console games?

Poyunch

Gentleman Jack said:
Your loss, it's still brilliant.
The show got too preachy about games being art and less about game design. That's probably been toned down now but I don't feel like going back in. :p

New episode: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Haven't played the game, so I'm not going to watch it :/

The episode is not very spoilerific (not more than any of the reviews/trailers out there). You should be able to watch it if you are not in a complete de:hr media lockout mode.
It's more about the setting and overarching problems and less about the individual progression.
It mentions a part from the end briefly that isn't really a spoiler and will be disappointing regardless if you know what is coming or not.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
New episode is up - Singularity (it's not about that game).

Kind of short and not really about games. To be honest, I'd prefer a "normal" one instead of this, although it was kind of interesting.

Roto13

This one had more to do with games than the last one, anyway. I'm glad they're going back to talking more about games next week.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
If they are going to make a career of criticizing games, they should work on their own aesthetic and presentation qualities. The voice is grating, the art is terrible, the ideas that the drawings try to convey are awkward, and the timing is strange.

The core thoughts are good, though. I just think that if they had a bit of art direction and taste those thoughts would reach more people.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
If they are going to make a career of criticizing games, they should work on their own aesthetic and presentation qualities. The voice is grating, the art is terrible, the ideas that the drawings try to convey are awkward, and the timing is strange.

The core thoughts are good, though. I just think that if they had a bit of art direction and taste those thoughts would reach more people.

I don't mind the presentation of each video, but the voice filter/pitch is fucking annoying.

Roto13

The art is just fine, but I do agree with the point about the voice. I watched the first bit of that SOPA video and the narrator's normal voice is just fine. He should just drop the filters. They're unnecessary.

Overdoziz

Banned
The art is just fine, but I do agree with the point about the voice. I watched the first bit of that SOPA video and the narrator's normal voice is just fine. He should just drop the filters. They're unnecessary.
Did the narrator show up in the SOPA video? I don't recall seeing him. Maybe you're mixing up the writer (who did show up) of the show with him?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Mailbag #3.

Some questions/answers were pretty interesting. I wonder if it's true that Australian game prices are this high because the Australian Dollar was way weaker in the past - sounds like a plausible explanation.

Also, after the credits they suggest watching the Sequelist.

Top Bottom