• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension multiplayer confirmed [Update: Gameplay Video]

If an hour less it's not much of a difference to you, then I guess you'd be okay would a 6-hourlong campaign a well.

Frankly, this bit of news is crap. Uncharted 2 added multiplayer AND was substantially longer than Uncharted 1, plus improving on every single aspect, AND arriving only two years later. SSM needs to step their game up \shittypspcommercial.
Depends how good those six hours are

BibiMaghoo

Well if rumors are true that the next Xbox, and Playstations won't allow for Used games, what would be the point of an online pass? If they push for online passes it will more than likely be a push from both honestly, but I don't see third parties fighting it much to continue the war on Used games.

I'm still not sure about this, but the footage has me more interested, this could be pretty awesome depending on how they implement it. I think the GOW combat style could be alot of fun in a MP game, I'd imagine the techinical aspects and balancing will be a pain in the ass to deal with for something like this though.

Honestly, I don't think those rumours are actually true. Getting money back from used games via passes is a far lesser evil than blocking used games completely. By doing that they would really damage the industry, and I don't think either platfrom is going to take that route.

I'm not sure what MS are planning to counter 'the churn', but Sony will make the online passes far more common in all games for the platform. It's just a shame that won't translate to publishers leaving servers on for longer *cough* EA *cough*

Emwitus

Again, with the usual overreaction hur dur....where have i seen this before? Oh yeah, Uncharted. Anyway, i'm out until we get single player footage. Good job santa monica and thanks for being ballsy and charting into new territory with the franchise. Now i have more stuff for my buck.

Nibel

I think that most people are pissed off because they revealed the game with MP stuff instead of SP stuff

And it's too early to call the MP shit or godly

Magnus

Again, with the usual overreaction hur dur....where have i seen this before? Oh yeah, Uncharted. Anyway, i'm out until we get single player footage. Good job santa monica and thanks for being ballsy and charting into new territory with the franchise. Now i have more stuff for my buck.

Seriously. GoW games were fun, but pretty mindless and utterly over for me after one play-through. I'm digging this development.

The whining in the thread, I said damn!

Pinzer

Unconfirmed Member
As the developers explained, they tested multiplayer and it turned out to be fun, so they rolled with it. Why is this a crime?

Theman2k

It's still looks WAY EARLY in development.
But it looks like they really FIGURED how to make the multiplayer work for a game like god of war which is great.

I hope they won't rush it. Anything less good then GOD3 is unacceptable.

Concept17

That multiplayer footage looked pretty damn good to me, why all the complaining people? :/

Singleplayer-gaf doing what they do best. Whether its a 5 hours game or 10 hour, you'll always get more playtime with your 60$ purchase with MP. Given the studio behind this title, how fucking awesome it looks, and just the fact that its GoW, this should be great.

Personally I got burned by doubting UC2 multiplayer, then Assassin's Creed multiplayer. Haven't played ME3 multiplayer yet, but I doubted that and it supposedly rocks

So on this one I'll just wait and see

Multiplayer done well can only be a good thing, it doesn't need to detract from singleplayer whatsoever. Just like there can be a bad singleplayer campaign there can be bad multiplayer so if it turns out crappy just don't play it. Problem solved.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Personally I got burned by doubting UC2 multiplayer, then Assassin's Creed multiplayer. Haven't played ME3 multiplayer yet, but I doubted that and it supposedly rocks

Same here, let's see how it stacks up
And the ME3 multiplayer is pretty damn awesome.

ReaperXL7

Ok I have to admit The Gametailers video: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-god-of-war/729679 at around the 5 minute mark, they start talking about how the multiplayer works.

Apprently when creating your character you will pick an alligence to one of the Gods, this will allow you to perform abilities, gain armors and weapons, and add another layer to your created character.....I'm actually interested in seeing more of this, picking which God to ally yourself with is a cool concept to me.

Though really it just makes me wish that they had made a God of War RPG.

Hey, if anything, we have already been granted a fantastic banned gif from this game's existence lol.

untitled-60dbro.gif

Concept17

Like I said, its more about the studio behind it. I'm sure its not some out-sourced tacked-on bullshit. This looks and will probably be great.

Orobi

Do you rember ICO concept multiplayer? Rumors about ICO and other players online battling united against colossi? Concept is here!

84% from Metacritic

Metacritic is not my cup of tea. But yeah, exactly my point.
Only 3 hours and they were godly.

If GoW:A is "only" 5 hours but it's better than that, people would still complain?

I mean, without the labyrinth section, GoW3 would've been at least a little bit better.

just watch lead combat designer interview, no blades of chaos in multiplayer. he seems like a very competent guy, his reasoning etc make sense to me. kinda excited about this. even though I don't play a lot of multi, I really want to try this. that gif with 1 player launching a dude, then a second player grab him with his chain and do some aerial combo, slam it down and the first player is reading to continue the combo looks awesome.

Carl

No thanks. This turns me right off the game.

I love God of War though... but if i end up buying it, i'll never touch the multiplayer. (same with Uncharted)

Do you rember ICO concept multiplayer? Rumors about ICO and other players online battling united against colossi? Concept is here!
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping especially considering they've revamped the climbing system

Of course the map they showed didn't really have anything like that, just a tied down titan

Would love to chase down a giant cyclops on horseback with the GOW combat in place though

Ok I have to admit The Gametailers video: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-god-of-war/729679 at around the 5 minute mark, they start talking about how the multiplayer works.

Apprently when creating your character you will pick an alligence to one of the Gods, this will allow you to perform abilities, gain armors and weapons, and add another layer to your created character.....I'm actually interested in seeing more of this, picking which God to ally yourself with is a cool concept to me.

Though really it just makes me wish that they had made a God of War RPG.

Hopfully that will happen at some point. They are always looking for ways to extend brands, I think MS looked into a Halo RPG years ago. I could definitely see a WRPG like Skyrim in the GoW universe.

Haunted

I don't give a shit about MP, especially not in a game like this. Here's hoping this doesn't take away too much resources/dev time from the SP.

fingers crossed!

V_Ben

Banned
I'm really liking the new art style. For some reason, it reminds me a little bit of Mark Of Kri, a little stylised but still brutal.

Top Bottom