• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

soultron

Banned
Stuck on whether I should keep my AM97s or sell them so I can get another shoe. I like the metallic golds but honestly I wish I had the OG silvers.

What's the best way to resell, if I go that route? I'm in Canada, if that matters.

acohrs

Just got these... very big improvement overall from previous PureBoost iterations...removable insole, independent tongue, reduced heel boost, smaller sole arch support, smaller heel counters...

34709342816_8f1450fef8.jpg

They look much better there than in promo shots, would love to try on a pair

Quick

Banned
Tried on the Nike Sock Darts earlier, currently on sale for $99.99 CAD at Footlocker. I was looking for the all-black ones so I can wear it to work. Didn't buy it in the end since I wanted to give it more thought.

Pros/cons:

+Comfortable as hell. I like the super lightweight upper. Seems perfect for the summer.

+All-black colourway looks nice.

-Looks weird on my feet. I went true to size and it fit perfectly, but it looks weird looking down on them. No mirrors to get a side view of them, oddly enough. That being said, I don't think I gave it enough of a look anyway.

-The strap is annoying to button up, then I realized that I probably didn't even need to unbutton it in the first place. I can see why people cut them off and put laces in its place.

The Prestos were also on sale, and having bought the Oreo colourway recently, the all-black one was looking pretty nice too. Almost bought it in place of the Sock Darts.

see5harp

The iniki's are legit more comfy than any of my other boost shoes. I just wish they didn't bleed so much. I had to clean my red ones and the dye basically just bleeds instantly.

I shipped off my 2nd pair of Cream Yeezys, 2015 Bordeaux 7s, and those Take Flight 8s off to Sole Supremacy.

I already have the older Bordeaux and I figured I would never wear the 8s. I did forget to put the paper inserts back in the 8s although I never actually wore them out. I wonder if they're gonna bump the price down from the 750$ quote I got.

I wanted to deal locally but none of the shoe shops in ATL would even respond. That's pretty bad considering that Sole Supremacy is across the country and they responded within minutes. I hate ATL people lol.

I shipped off my 2nd pair of Cream Yeezys, 2015 Bordeaux 7s, and those Take Flight 8s off to Sole Supremacy.

I already have the older Bordeaux and I figured I would never wear the 8s. I did forget to put the paper inserts back in the 8s although I never actually wore them out. I wonder if they're gonna bump the price down from the 750$ quote I got.

I wanted to deal locally but none of the shoe shops in ATL would even respond. That's pretty bad considering that Sole Supremacy is across the country and they responded within minutes. I hate ATL people lol.

You'd probably do better with Goat or Stock X. I dealt with that dude. He was low balling all the time. He does take mass shipments but you could get more through those apps or EBay.

The Yeezys have to be $500 in resell. You pay for the shipping. So you're getting $125 for Retroes. That's wack.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I figured I would anyways.

I'm travelling sometime soon and expect to do a shit ton of walking from dawn to dusk for just over a week, but I'm not sure if the Nike Free RNs I have sitting around that I just use at the gym will either be good for me or bring the pain.

At the same time, Nike is running a flash sale that has this LunarEpic Flyknit for about half off. Think they are a worthwhile investment? I don't know the difference between shoes that are good for walking and those that are good for running, but I figure it's in the cushioning. I've read up on Nike's Lunar stuff, and it's kind of confusing because there are so many different terms/versions for it, but all I can tell is Lunarlon in this shoe is good for running, but I'm not sure if it's the same for walking.

So I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I figured I would anyways.

I'm travelling sometime soon and expect to do a shit ton of walking from dawn to dusk for just over a week, but I'm not sure if the Nike Free RNs I have sitting around that I just use at the gym will either be good for me or bring the pain.

At the same time, Nike is running a flash sale that has this LunarEpic Flyknit for about half off. Think they are a worthwhile investment? I don't know the difference between shoes that are good for walking and those that are good for running, but I figure it's in the cushioning. I've read up on Nike's Lunar stuff, and it's kind of confusing because there are so many different terms/versions for it, but all I can tell is Lunarlon in this shoe is good for running, but I'm not sure if it's the same for walking.
I owned a couple pairs of the LunarEpic Lows and they were comfy and were perfectly fine for walking around a city for the day. Only thing I'd advise is to maybe put a blister patch around your achilles, as they can rub slightly.

Own 2 pairs (hi & low) and love them for just walking around in. The lows are bit easier to wear compared to the highs, but if you're wearing pants, then no one will notice the ankle cuffs on the highs.

Been able to casually walk 5 miles in my LunarEpics (just around, not for a race) so you should be good to go.

You'd probably do better with Goat or Stock X. I dealt with that dude. He was low balling all the time. He does take mass shipments but you could get more through those apps or EBay.

The Yeezys have to be $500 in resell. You pay for the shipping. So you're getting $125 for Retroes. That's wack.

Actually, my size is going around 400-450 from what I see. I'm really not trying to make a killing. Doesn't selling on GOAT or StockX, you have to get approved to sell? Didn't feel like waiting thru that process.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I owned a couple pairs of the LunarEpic Lows and they were comfy and were perfectly fine for walking around a city for the day. Only thing I'd advise is to maybe put a blister patch around your achilles, as they can rub slightly.

Own 2 pairs (hi & low) and love them for just walking around in. The lows are bit easier to wear compared to the highs, but if you're wearing pants, then no one will notice the ankle cuffs on the highs.

Been able to casually walk 5 miles in my LunarEpics (just around, not for a race) so you should be good to go.
Thanks for the prompt replies, guys. What's the fit like on these, usually? I'm reading size down other places. Might not have time to go try them on in-store before the online sale is over.

Thanks for the prompt replies, guys. What's the fit like on these, usually? I'm reading size down other places. Might not have time to go try them on in-store before the online sale is over.

I went TTS and the flyknit will stretch but my foot isn't terribly wide (it's not really narrow either, but like in between). If your Free Runs are flyknit (or contains flyknit), you can go with the same size as those.

acohrs

Anyone check out the NMD ripoffs from Puma? They look hot, but do they feel as good? They are the Ignite limitless, and only cost between 110-130 retail.

don't see the nmd'ness of these models unless you mean the XR1 with the side cage?

in london for the weekend, got a pair of ultra boost 2.0 TWs and a pair of the triple black pure boost 2017 ltd sent here. Love the UB 2.0 TWs but going to return the triple black PB, just not for me. Also, have a pair of air max 95 neons and 97 silver bullets from restocks a few years ago, keep them at this house so I'm not tempted to wear and ruin them haha

Actually, my size is going around 400-450 from what I see. I'm really not trying to make a killing. Doesn't selling on GOAT or StockX, you have to get approved to sell? Didn't feel like waiting thru that process.

Yes but it pays off in the long run since they're taking a small percentage versus the low balling SS does.

Plus if you want, you can use credit to buy other shoes.

M_to_P

I need some help with sizing, i wear a 13 in UB2.0, a 12.5 in CS2. A local store has the pureboost collab, but only in a size 12, the length is only 1CM less than the UB size, would it fit?

Top Bottom