• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agatha Christie Coming to Nintendo Wii (PR)

Kifimbo

PR:

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None Coming to Nintendo Wii®

TORONTO, Canada. March 19, 2007. The Adventure Company, a leading publisher of PC adventure games worldwide, today announced that its popular PC title Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None is under development for the Nintendo Wii®, set to be released in November 2007.

Written by Agatha Christie, the world’s best-known mystery author and Queen of Crime, this classic story is brought to a new generation on the Nintendo Wii. Appealing to a broad audience, this platform opens the door for adventure games on console.

Using the Wii’s original “Wiimote®” controller, gameplay in traditional PC adventure games can be taken to a whole new level of interactivity. For instance, players will have the freedom to control their character’s actions, such as using a digging motion to unearth clues, or spinning the handle of a safe using the Wiimote; and the introduction of timed puzzles where, for example, players must race up a set of stairs from a boat docked below.

“We are very excited to take this new direction with our adventure titles and are certain that our fans will find Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None to be a perfect fit for the Nintendo Wii,” said Richard Wah Kan, President and CEO of The Adventure Company. “Many PC adventure game fans are having a great time with the Wii and we’d like to be the first to deliver them games they love on a console they’ve embraced.”

The storyline revolves around ten people, all strangers to each other, who are invited to a lavish estate on an isolated island. Through a recording, their mysterious host accuses each of his ‘guests’ of murder and proceeds to exact justice by becoming judge, jury and executioner… The tension mounts and dark secrets are revealed as one-by-one the number of guests systematically dwindles according to the ingenious plan of the unseen killer.

PC version:

GameSpot: 6.4/10
IGN: 7.0/10

Let's hope more adventure games are coming.

Having played this to completion on PC I can safely say that this game rocked. Much better than the recently released Orient Express one (although David Suchet as Poirot is in that).

coming to Wii seems like the perfect fit.

Joe Molotov

This game wasn't that great, but hopefully it means more TAC games being released on the Wii. It's not like most of their games are graphic-intensive, and the Wiimote would work great for Point-and-Click games.

ksamedi

seriuosly, the Wii is perfect for advanture games and this game shows that developers are interested in developing for the Wii. I hope we also see some original Wii advanture games from Lucas and the developers of another code (Cing?).

Joe Molotov

LucasArts is a lost cause. Even Vivendi has more respect for Sierra's adventure gaming roots than LA does for theirs, and that's not saying much.

Pakkidis

Im all for adventure games, but the adventure company is not known for making good games. I almost got a full time job at the company as a sales rep, thank god I turned it down.

Yeah, where's our Full Throttle, LucasArts? Not that shitty polygon shit, get some animated sprite shit.

Oh, and I'll have a Grim Fandango to go with it.

Kabouter

sublime085 said:
But I already know how it ends.
No, you don't.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Having played this to completion on PC I can safely say that this game rocked. Much better than the recently released Orient Express one (although David Suchet as Poirot is in that).

coming to Wii seems like the perfect fit.
Personally, I have to say I prefer the Murder on the Orient Express game, I thought gameplaywise it was far superior. The puzzles were more logical and such. And it was more a detective game than And Then There Were None was. However, I do prefer the story of And Then There Were None more which almost evens it out anyway.

Pakkidis said:
Im all for adventure games, but the adventure company is not known for making good games. I almost got a full time job at the company as a sales rep, thank god I turned it down.

I like a lot of Adventure Company games, some are really not that bad.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
pollo said:
The Judge killed them all.

You're getting it mixed up with FFXII.

In Agatha Christie stories, everyone has a motive except for one person and nobody has an alibi except for that person. And they did it.

Link1110

Definitely buying, if for no other reason except that if this succeeds, other companies will want to bring out their adventure games for Wii.

As far as the alternate endings go, is the ending from the book considered the "good" ending and that is the main goal for the game, or are there endings where there is a different killer and plot with no real "good" or "bad" endings?

jipe

sublime085 said:
As far as the alternate endings go, is the ending from the book considered the "good" ending and that is the main goal for the game, or are there endings where there is a different killer and plot with no real "good" or "bad" endings?

If I recall correctly, the developers have written four new endings, all of which are different to the original one. Regardless of which of these you end up with you can then also choose to watch the original ending, though I think you have to solve one final puzzle to do so.

Anyways, it's not a very good game. I'd recommend reading the book or buying one of the David Suchet movies instead (the newer ones are the best, imho).

pollo

Banned
iapetus said:
You're getting it mixed up with FFXII.

In Agatha Christie stories, everyone has a motive except for one person and nobody has an alibi except for that person. And they did it.

Nah thats how the book went dawg. No one thought the judge would do it, but his innate sense of justice drove him to committing those acts. Then he laid out all these red herrings everywhere.

It was a good book. Agatha Christie is probably one of the best things to come out of England. Next to fish and chips. And the US.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Link1110 said:
Definitely buying, if for no other reason except that if this succeeds, other companies will want to bring out their adventure games for Wii.

TEH consumers have teh pwr!

aeolist

Banned
pollo said:
snapeir5.jpg

Kabouter

aeolist said:
These games and the Nancy Drew games seem to sell pretty well on PC
With the difference that these Agatha Christie games are well worth playing and that the Nancy Drew games are literally the worst adventure games EVER MADE.

This game should actually have a chance of selling quite well - think of all of the non-traditional video gamers buying the Wii for Wii Sports and the occasional sports title (such as Tiger Woods) and ignore more "normal" video games. An Agathie Cristie-branded adventure game would attract their attention on the store shelf and may sell to people who otherwise think that most video games are "kids stuff".

I personally hope that more adventure games show up on the Wii. :)

Please tell me they change the ending...

I have an inkling that the 'non-gamer crowd' that they're targeting has seen the play at some point.

Avrum

Just so long as it helps open up the genre on Wii I'll be happy. I'm still a bit PO'ed at how empty that genre has been on DS considering how perfect it is for it. Heck, I'd like to see a new Shadowgate appear, not anything like the N64 version either. Talk about crap. But yeah, I wouldn't even mind seeing some revamped Quest for Glory if possible.

Top Bottom