• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo looking for Lead Graphic Engineer for Next-Gen Console SoC in Redmond

BY2K

Membero Americo
Up: The job listing is gone, so either Nintendo found someone or they just took it down.

https://nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=140000005E&src=SNS-10380

Description of Duties

Nintendo Technology Development is looking for a lead graphics architect in the system-on-chip architecture group in Redmond, WA. The group is responsible for the architecture of Nintendo’s game console SoCs. The graphics architect plays a key role in determining the SoC architecture. The job responsibilities are:
Evaluate HW graphics (GPU) offerings from SoC solutions available in the market based on performance, power, and silicon area.
Evaluate the performance of the SoC solutions for both proprietary and standard graphics APIs.
Determine workloads and simulation models for both performance and power characteristics of GPUs.
Keep track of GPU architectural improvements in the industry and devise strategies to incorporate them for future Nintendo gaming platforms.
Act as the graphics architectural evangelist working with global Nintendo teams for future and on-going programs.
Work with external SoC vendors as the Nintendo focal point for graphics GPU architecture.
Should be prepared to work through architecture, design, validation, and bring-up stages of SoC design in cooperation with internal and external teams.

Summary of Requirements
The ideal candidate will have had experience working directly in a GPU architecture and design team with significant responsibilities.
Low power and SoC design experience would be a plus.
The candidate is expected to have good architectural insights and the ability to apply that for setting future graphics direction for Nintendo.
A bachelors degree (graduate degree preferred) in computer science/engineering or electrical engineering.
5+ years of lead or architectural role experience are required.

Pitmonkey

nkePKs5.png

Super Wii U

Boom. I did predict in 2016 that a new Nintendo system will be announced, after Zelda Wii u , that's the last Nintendo title for Wii u imo
Remakes x remasters will hold us til the new Nintendo system

wiibomb

Before people start going crazy, remember consoles are planned many years in advance.

I was going to say this..

but to ad more, this person could potentially affect the performance of the company for a whole generation, it's a quite important job

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great, after the 3DS failure they better get as much as possible know-how from some western Engineers and people outside of Nintendo as well and get/design a cheap/powerful SoC for their next systems.

Doubt Nintendos next home console and handheld will cost more than 149/199$ at launch.

SalvaPot

Act as the graphics architectural evangelist working with global Nintendo teams for future and on-going programs.

Nintendo looking for Videogame Jesus confirmed.

the "low power" part has me worried already.

Why? So the Wii Them 3 can keep you up at night with the sound of its cooling system? Low power consumption is a huge sell for me, hell, the Wii U consumes less than the Wii.

wsippel

Banned
Tat Iwamoto left Nintendo to join Apple a few months ago so I assume Nintendo is looking for a replacement.

I'm pretty surprised they're actually hiring this position out of the US.
Not really. NTD in Redmond did the chipsets for all Nintendo consoles since the N64. Only the handhelds are (or were) designed in Japan.

Top Bottom