• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Modern Warfare 2 details leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaked from a play tester on the twitter fourzerotwo’s live blog.

http://twitter.infinityward.com/

Here is the leaked information

*Vehicles will be in MW2
*M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)
*Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes
*M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed
*Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
*There are more unknown weapons that will not return
*New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)
*New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)
*New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)
*Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35
*Favourite Modern warfare 1 maps will return
*Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return
*Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, original)
*Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1’s campaign)
*All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered
*All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions
*New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy’s Intel)
*New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy
*Solider customization for each class (and each country)
*Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer
*There are NO bots in local multiplayer
*Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown
*NO guest players online, 1 player per console
*Killcam save feature
*There is blood and gore
*Offline/Online Co-op
*Story takes place in the Middle East
*Role as US marines return
*Ken Lally voice work in campaign
*Release is set for sometime in November
*New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)
*Campaign-only weapons

Apparently the play tester was deleted and banned after posting this, leading many to believe it is real.

#mw2 there needs to be more online vibrations, so players get more hornier when playing.. Its a real confidence boost.

In reply to: What are your top ...

Lolwutpear.jpg

Or for the classy and educated:

VerboseLolWut.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Sounds too much like COD4. From COD to COD2 there was a slight change, so from COD4 to MW2 it will be the same probably, but they better deliver 10x.

Core407

Banned
Relix said:
Sounds too much like COD4. From COD to COD2 there was a slight change, so from COD4 to MW2 it will be the same probably, but they better deliver 10x.

Just give me a new COD2.

Of course it will be like an expansion pack. I have no problem with CoD 4.5

4 is already the best multiplayer shooter of all time. Nothing else has come out to raise the bar. So I guess it will have to raise its own bar.

Guled

this seems more like an expansion, seems like it has less changes from CoD4 then CoD5 had

*New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)
yes, Canadian confirmed :D Day one for sure
I guess this also confirms that Afghanistan will be in MW2

Apoc29

Scorpion and P90 were badass SMGs, sad to see them go. I also enjoyed the G36C, even though it was calculated to have the lowest damage per time of all the guns or something like that.

Kingpen

Bummed about no bot support. Killzone 2 and Gears 2 both now have bots for local multiplayer. What is stopping COD6 from matching that? I know I could just go online, but sometimes it is nice just to pace against the CPU as well...

Xater

Kingpen said:
Bummed about no bot support. Killzone 2 and Gears 2 both now have bots for local multiplayer. What is stopping COD6 from matching that? I know I could just go online, but sometimes it is nice just to pace against the CPU as well...

The probelm probably is that the AI never was one of the strong points of the COD games.

Nizz

*Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
What! The P90 I could live without, but I love the R700. :( Although it's pretty much the M40 sniper rifle in a different color I guess.

*All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions
I knew Hardcore FFA would come with the next game.

*Solider customization for each class (and each country)
This sounds very cool. I like!

All in all, sounds like more of what we know and love! Although, I don't have WaW so I don't know what to think about vehicles in multiplayer...

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Guled said:
Canada has one of the best trained soldiers in the world, better then American soilders

Canadian Special Operations Forces Command (CANSOFCOM)

CANSOFCOM

CANS OF COM

wat? :lol

drkOne

Not minding the "upgrade", that's exactly what I want from MW2... unless vehicles are included consider me happy.

kenta

Has no PEINS
*New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy

KZ2 wasn't the first to do this, was it? I do wonder if they'll ape the Warzone mechanic, though, since it's hot hot hot

*Offline/Online Co-op

Yay

*There are NO bots in local multiplayer
*NO guest players online, 1 player per console

Ball dropped

I also agree they should not put vehicles in. And why remove so many guns? Stupid.

sounds more like an expansion pack than a sequel, TBQH.

Eric WK

Kill Cam save replay feature? That's it, guys?

Weapon changes sound good, new gametypes sound good. Vehicles don't.

Stoney Mason said:
Can't wait for Modern Warfare 2. I'll pretty much ignore all this info until confirmed or disconfirmed in the fall.

I'm sure we'll hear all about this stuff before fall. Sometime between now and E3 for most of it and then a Beta this summer.

USD

kenta said:
KZ2 wasn't the first to do this, was it? I do wonder if they'll ape the Warzone mechanic, though, since it's hot hot hot
It's in Halo 3 (though not round-based), I think it's in Gears 2, and it probably was in games before both.

WinFonda

Guled said:
Canada has one of the best trained soldiers in the world, better then American soilders
Everyone says that about everything. Those kinds of statements lost their meaning a long time ago. Besides, it's a pointless debate. Highly trained people are highly trained.

It's amusing to me because the Canadian special forces have no prestige or mystique in comparison. Delta Force, SAS, Spetsnaz, SEALs - they're all very visible in the media. For good reasons or not, they have mystique and prestige.

It's just like, why stop at Canadian special forces? Let's throw some Australian and Japanese special forces up in this bitch too. If it gets people more interested out of nationality or pride... Then why not?

raYne

No G3: NOOOOoooooooooo!
Vehicles in MP: Fuuuuuck. :/

Soldier customization: <3
More weapon customization (red dot choices): <3
Assassination/CTF Gametypes: <3<3
Killcam saving: Hmm.. only if I can save mine :lol Possible <3
Cop-op: <3<3<3
Blood 'n Gore: <3<3 There better be .50 Cal de-limbing/head explosions.

I like this mode in Killzone 2.

I don't know about vehicles in MP though.

Also are they gonna beta test the game on the PS3 this time or are they doing like last time and releasing the game with broken network code for the PS3?

raYne said:
Killcam saving: Hmm.. only if I can save mine :lol Possible <3

Yeah, if it's just you getting killed over and over, why would you want to save it? I mean, I have had some pretty hilarious deaths in CoD over the years but I can't really say I would go back and watch them over and over.

:lol @ people bitching about bots. BOTS SUCK. BOTS SUCK
BOTS SUCK....

BOTS SUCK.

And I don't care about split screen online anymore either. This game was never going to be better for that than Halo, so I don't see a reason to try.

Guled

WinFonda said:
Everyone says that about everything. Those kinds of statements lost their meaning a long time ago. Besides, it's a pointless debate. Highly trained people are highly trained.

It's amusing to me because the Canadian special forces have no prestige or mystique in comparison. Delta Force, SAS, Spetsnaz, SEALs - they're all very visible in the media. For good reasons or not, they have mystique and prestige.

It's just like, why stop at Canadian special forces? Let's throw some Australian and Japanese special forces up in this bitch too. If it gets people more interested out of nationality or pride... Then why not?
I was exaggerating, no one could really say which country has the best trained soldiers, but still Canadian solider aint nothing to laugh at, they are a lot better then most people think

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope the whole game isn't set in the middle east. I loved the Soap S.A.S. stuff from COD4; my favourite part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom