• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
Haven't done the inheritance yet...

Ok, so...
Is it better to 5*+ someone,
or make someone else better by sacrificing a double for inheritance.

MutFox

Banned
Oh, if I have a 4*, and I sacrifice them for inheritance...
If i haven't levelled up some of their skills to level 3.
(As it has a 5* prerequisite)
Will the inherited skill be capped at level 2?
Or can the character that inherited, level it to 3?

Haven't done the inheritance yet...

Ok, so...
Is it better to 5*+ someone,
or make someone else better by sacrificing a double for inheritance.
I'd say it depends on the character, really.

Nah, you can still inherit all 3 levels of the skill. You can check it out for yourself if you like, right before you confirm the characters "sacrifice" it asks you to select the 3 skills you plan on passing on.

Juni_

You have to transfer the skill in order for a unit to learn it. So yes it will be capped at level 2. There are units with the 3 version of skills that are great for inheritance.

alcheim

You can inherit 3 skills at a time. The sacrificial unit doesn't need to have learned that skill. For example, I sacrificed a 4* Lon Qu who hadn't learned Vantage 2/3 yet, and on the
skill inherit screen, I could pick Vantage 1, 2, and 3.

After the skills get transferred to your desired unit, that unit still needs to purchase those skills before it can use them. The unit still needs to have learned the prerequisite skills before it can learn a higher level skill.

Note that if I had sacrificed a 3 Lon Qu, I would not be able to transfer Vantage 3 as it is a 4* skill.

Sephend

If the character CAN learn the skill at its current star level, then it can pass it on. It does not matter if that character has paid the SP to learn the skill or not, only if it can.

Something to keep in mind is you have to pass the lower versions first. If you want to learn Hone Attack 3 for example, the inheriting character needs to have rank 1 and 2 first. Just like the one passing it though, they don't need to have paid the SP to learn it. It counts as them having it if you have the same sacrificed character pass the lower ranks at the same time.

I am pretty confident with what I did with my Nowi, she now owns Lucina and co. However, not sure what to do with my Hector. What did you guys who have it did? I sure want to make his movements better, but not sure what to pick. Same for any additional ability I can give him.

SkyOdin

Just to check, but currently I don't have a green five star unit. I have five star Eirika, Ephraim, Ninian, Peri, Lilina, and Sakura. I was thinking of promoting one of my four star green units to fill in the gap, of which I have two: Bartre and Nino. I presume that promoting Nino is the correct choice?

Cerium

I am pretty confident with what I did with my Nowi, she now owns Lucina and co. However, not sure what to do with my Hector. What did you guys who have it did? I sure want to make his movements better, but not sure what to pick. Same for any additional ability I can give him.

What did you do with Nowi to proof her against Lucina?

Triangle Adept?

Matt

Ugh, I finally have over 20,000 feathers, and I can't decide who to promote. Nowi, Cecilia, Erika, Effie, Olivia, Tiki (old)...

I only ever rolled 3 5*, and 3 of those were Marth.

Cerium

Ugh, I finally have over 20,000 feathers, and I can't decide who to promote. Nowi, Cecilia, Erika, Effie, Olivia, Tiki (old)...

Nowi or Eirika. Probably Nowi since you already have Marth.

I'm a huge Nowi fanboy, but you should really look at what you're lacking on your main team before deciding. Any suspect areas?

Matt

I'm a huge Nowi fanboy, but you should really look at what you're lacking on your main team before deciding. Any suspect areas?
Dude I don't know. My lineup maine lineup right now is Marth, Olivia, Cecilia, and Nowi. I have lots of other characters, but nothing else 5* and no one S+.

Thinking about giving Olivia the 5* treatment but a friend convinced me that Sharena is worth upgrading to 5* I am heavily conflicted.

MTC100

Banned
I thought about leveling up my useless beruka to grant it Glimmer so my Linde can get that. I guess it's the strongest buff I can give her with +50% damage dealt every 3 attacks(since she has 42 speed she'll likely double hit everything anyway).

On the flip side... she pretty much kills everything even without such a skill anyway, perhaps there is a better ability for her to inherit?

Cerium

Thinking about giving Olivia the 5* treatment but a friend convinced me that Sharena is worth upgrading to 5* I am heavily conflicted.

Sharena is the better option for upgrading. Not only is she one of the best blues in the game, but Olivia doesn't really benefit much from a level up. You'll get a few extra stats but her primary utility is her dance.

Olivia doesn't win too much with 5*, just a weapon with more damage and her role isn't being a DPS, just a dance supporter. On the other hand, Sharena wins her unique weapon that's pretty good IMO. Go for Sharena.

sehui

inheritance kind of ruined the game for me now..

Now when ever I login I'm so overwhelmed with what skills to pass on to certain heroes..

inheritance kind of ruined the game for me now..

Now when ever I login I'm so overwhelmed with what skills to pass on to certain heroes..

Same happened to me. Combined with very bad pulls lately and having a harder time than ever in Arena, I thought about quitting. However, I started to take the plunge with inheritance and it helped a lot. Still, I don't have much of the good skills to pass along and I hope that I am taking the right decisions. I really want to have fun with this one and it has been a up and down relationship so far. I really hope I won't end feeling like it would be better for me to quit.

redcrayon

iROoqkj.png

The Wall of Glory
Lol, first time I've ever hit the wall of shame/glory/rng on Gaf

ggx2ac

Hehehe 4602 points and 827 in rank. Definitely going to be above 1000 in rank again for the season.

I just won't be able to repeat it again next season thanks to bonus hero changes.

Sharena is the better option for upgrading. Not only is she one of the best blues in the game, but Olivia doesn't really benefit much from a level up. You'll get a few extra stats but her primary utility is her dance.

Bamboo 竹;232352425 said:
Olivia doesn't win too much with 5*, just a weapon with more damage and her role isn't being a DPS, just a dance supporter. On the other hand, Sharena wins her unique weapon that's pretty good IMO. Go for Sharena.
Sharena it is. I need a blue unit anyway.

tsundoku

Shocked that i'm still playing this. But the arena and trying to assemble a game's worth of 4* characters is fun enough to distract me at work.

Really wish they would start doing free 2* characters again as it feels like that system's looped like three times.

I've earned my way up to 20 orbs a few times in a row on new banners and rolled five duplicate characters. Which ends up not even really giving that many feathers for cleaning them out. Still get the occasional new one, but with the ring of r/g/b/cl only having a few shots each time, it took me until Ursula to finally get my first blue tome user. And her fight was REALLY tough which was good.

I guess I can't complain when I still have so many story orbs to earn and have a bunch of chars at 20/3* that I need to get feathers to get them up to 4*

I might honestly buy feathers if they had had them as a microtransaction

MTC100

Banned
What would you guys give eirika as an A skill? She doesn't have one as default so that seems to be quite the gain there. I thought about sacrificing Effie with her Deathblow(+6 attack) Skill which would make Eirika pretty strong I think. However killing Effie for it feels a bit sad as she's quite good all around however I never get around using her in my Arena teams, as I also have Linde and Robin with good stats on 5 Stars...

What would other A-Skills be that are great for Eirika? -Given I also have Lucina with good stats in my team...

Sölf

We in here!

Finished the 15 Infantry battles in the tenth stratum. Also got a near perfect arena run, only lost 1 unit. That brought me to 4394 points (up from my previous 4273). I still have no defense this season though. D:

So, since I am more or less done with the 10th stratum until I get enough mounted units/fliers to max level, I will level Ninian/Effie/Ursula/Cecila. They are currently around level ~22-25.

Sölf;232353513 said:
We in here!

Finished the 15 Infantry battles in the tenth stratum. Also got a near perfect arena run, only lost 1 unit. That brought me to 4394 points (up from my previous 4273). I still have no defense this season though. D:

So, since I am more or less done with the 10th stratum until I get enough mounted units/fliers to max level, I will level Ninian/Effie/Ursula/Cecila. They are currently around level ~22-25.

Do you gain more points in arena if you don't lose any units?

Swordbreaker, Moonbow and Fury.

Fury's definitely good for better Arena Rank, and the speed gets patched up. I'm heavily considering it.

I personally think Swordbreaker's too situational, and I'm waiting to put Quick Riposte 2/3 on mine. That lets Nowi to KO tons of ranged and melee threats at high HP. With a 3 charge (4 w/ LB+) offensive Special, she'll be able to OHKO Marth and Lucina without retaliation.

That's two 2 easy KOs right there. This is my plan.

Does Olivia gain much from skill inheritance? I'm thinking escape route but if she gets hit she's gonna die in most cases.

Also I've got Sanaki and her weapon doesn't seem to really do anything with her having Hone Attack. Any thoughts on giving her Leo's tome?

Tommy DJ

What would you guys give eirika as an A skill? She doesn't have one as default so that seems to be quite the gain there. I thought about sacrificing Effie with her Deathblow(+6 attack) Skill which would make Eirika pretty strong I think. However killing Effie for it feels a bit sad as she's quite good all around however I never get around using her in my Arena teams, as I also have Linde and Robin with good stats on 5 Stars...

What would other A-Skills be that are great for Eirika? -Given I also have Lucina with good stats in my team...

Eirika's base skill kit is only really good (and its really good) at setting up kills for other units, particularly those with -blade spell weapons. She has draw back and has hefty start-of-turn offensive buffs to adjacent units. She's just not good at killing, if you want that you use the Lucina you have.

For a team packing ranged nukes like Linde or Nino, her best A skills are probably Triangle Adept or Armoured Blow (I'm ignoring BST here). Armoured Blow lets her fight enemy reds/weaker blues while dragging them back for a mage to kill while Triangle Adept lets her tank/kill enemy greens.

MTC100

Banned
Eirika's base skill kit is only really good (and its really good) at setting up kills for other units, particularly those with -blade spell weapons. She has draw back and has hefty start-of-turn offensive buffs to adjacent units. She's just not good at killing, if you want that you use the Lucina you have.

For a team packing ranged nukes like Linde or Nino, her best A skills are probably Triangle Adept or Armoured Blow (I'm ignoring BST here). Armoured Blow lets her fight enemy reds/weaker blues while dragging them back for a mage to kill while Triangle Adept lets her tank/kill enemy greens.

Triangle Adept only increases damage dealt by 20% according to the fire emblem heroes wiki though(not def)? So that wouldn't make her tankier I guess, or it's worded wrong there. Also the extra def of armoured blow is only counted if she does the attack not when she's attacked. Mhh... I think to make her tankier giving her the +5HP buff might be the best. Her stats are: 42HP/42ATK/35SPD/23DEF/31RES -Which makes her pretty strong against mages(other than Linde or Robin).

It's really hard to chose between Eirika and Lucina though, Eirika makes my Linde insanely good and can also Pivot(something I might teach Lucina one day). Normally I'd love to go with a team like: Robin/Linde/Lucina/Eirika to counter almost everything -however I can't, as I always have to put in some stupid low level character that is currently on the Bonus screen to get at least some points out of my games >_>

Wichu

What skills is best for m robin to inherit?

Triangle Adept. It's insane on Robin, for the reasons below:

Triangle Adept only increases damage dealt by 20% according to the fire emblem heroes wiki though(not def)? So that wouldn't make her tankier I guess, or it's worded wrong there.

Yeah, the wording is misleading. Triangle Adept basically makes all weapon advantage/disadvantage involving that character +/- 40% instead of +/- 20% - you get 1.4x Atk when attacking with advantage and 0.6x Atk when attacking with disadvantage, and the same applies to enemies attacking you.

Thanks to this, Triangle Adept Robin can solo practically any red or colourless unit. Even Kagero barely scratches him.

Tommy DJ

Triangle Adept only increases damage dealt by 20% according to the fire emblem heroes wiki though(not def)? So that wouldn't make her tankier I guess, or it's worded wrong there. Also the extra def of armoured blow is only counted if she does the attack not when she's attacked. Mhh... I think to make her tankier giving her the +5HP buff might be the best. Her stats are: 42HP/42ATK/35SPD/23DEF/31RES -Which makes her pretty strong against mages(other than Linde or Robin).

It's really hard to chose between Eirika and Lucina though, Eirika makes my Linde insanely good and can also Pivot(something I might teach Lucina one day). Normally I'd love to go with a team like: Robin/Linde/Lucina/Eirika to counter almost everything -however I can't, as I always have to put in some stupid low level character that is currently on the Bonus screen to get at least some points out of my games >_>

Triangle Adept is badly worded. A better description would be that it doubles the effects of weapon triangle advantage/disadvantage. Its actually one of the best skills to offer if you're creating a dedicated colour tank/slayer. Eirika has pretty good defense and resistance as it is so he can bait/tank green mage/physical hits. For reference, my Eirika takes 5 damage from enemy Hectors with Triangle Adept.

Armoured Blow is useful for Eirika is you want her to engage enemy reds/some blues. That lets her drag enemy reds and blues back for your Linde to kill. Since you can give anyone Drag Back or Reposition now, you can pull Eirika an extra square back. Rinse and repeat, get 4500+ rank every single Arena run.

I wouldn't give Death Blow to Eirika as I believe the full skill tree is only available to 5* units and its best suited for units that only attack once during the player phase like Effie or brave weapon users.

If neither meet your fancy, Fury is still the obvious choice to put on anyone.

MTC100

Banned
I see, thanks for the clarification, with triangle adept Eirika would be one shot by almost every blue/lance unit though? I still don't really know what to think of it, any team with robin(male) or linde(well I guess she's also deadly without triangle adept) would be extremely dangerous I guess.

Either way, this game is a major time sink it seems and if you really want to build perfect combinations also a money sink. I was lucky enough to pull some good gold star units out of the game without investing anything into it but with this new system its getting more and more geared towards people throwing money at the phone.

ggx2ac

I am interested in seeing someone pull off a mage cavalry team with -blade weapons as mentioned.

If I were to do it, this would be my team:

Eldigan
Cecilia
Olwen
<Insert bonus hero here>

Eldigan

Mystletainn
-
Bonfire
Fury
Renewal or Brash Assault
Hone Cavalry

Cecilia
Gronnblade or Gronnraven
-
Draconic Aura or Triangle Adept
Life and Death
-
Goad Cavalry

Olwen
Blarblade
-
Draconic Aura
Life and Death
-
Fortify Cavalry

___

I have those units but I don't have multiples of those units nor do I have the units needed to inherit skills. That's why this would only happen after my main team gets done or if something better comes along.

Sölf

I am interested in seeing someone pull off a mage cavalry team with -blade weapons as mentioned.

If I were to do it, this would be my team:

Eldigan
Cecilia
Olwen
<Insert bonus hero here>

Eldigan

Mystletainn
-
Bonfire
Fury
Renewal or Brash Assault
Hone Cavalry

Cecilia
Gronnblade or Gronnraven
-
Draconic Aura
Life and Death
-
Goad Cavalry

Olwen
Blarblade
-
Draconic Aura
Life and Death
-
Fortify Cavalry

___

I have those units but I don't have multiples of those units nor do I have the units needed to inherit skills. That's why this would only happen after my main time gets done or if something better comes along.

You mean like this video posted on reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zI5TGD-LvE&feature=youtu.be

Here ist the post with an explanation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...e_your_way_to_victory_with_cavalry_bladetome/

redcrayon

I see, thanks for the clarification, with triangle adept Eirika would be one shot by almost every blue/lance unit though? I still don't really know what to think of it, any team with robin(male) or linde(well I guess she's also deadly without triangle adept) would be extremely dangerous I guess.

Either way, this game is a major time sink it seems and if you really want to build perfect combinations also a money sink. I was lucky enough to pull some good gold star units out of the game without investing anything into it but with this new system its getting more and more geared towards people throwing money at the phone.
Thing is, there's so many characters and the odds of getting the ones you want so minuscule that you could easily spend £100 on orbs and not get anything worth having at all. Making the best of what you draw is the name of the game unless you're a gigawhale.

Tommy DJ

___

I have those units but I don't have multiples of those units nor do I have the units needed to inherit skills. That's why this would only happen after my main team gets done or if something better comes along.

You don't even need blade weapons with Olwen.

If your Olwen is +SPD, giving her Darting Blow + Hone Cavalry buff results in an additional 12 speed. With 44 speed during the player phase and Moonbow, there are very few things that aren't dying. Same result as the blade tome but I guess you don't need to sacrifice a unit for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom