• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

Hanmik

Update:

Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended.

---

iyhUcAgpOPSgM.jpg

http://www.edge-online.com/news/grand-theft-auto-release-confirmed-for-spring-2013/

Grand Theft Auto V will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 in spring 2013, Rockstar Games has announced, confirming rumours sparked by photos of retail displays leaked over the weekend.

Founder Sam Houser said: “Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we’ve learned about open-world game design. We can’t wait to share it with fans.”

Pre-orders begin on November 5; as we pointed out yesterday, a May release seems likely, though publisher Take-Two might prefer it to launch in March so that its doubtless gargantuan sales revenue can be included in its year-end accounts.

PR via Goldrusher:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), is very proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide during spring 2013 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious title in the series to date. Set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and the surrounding area, Grand Theft Auto V delivers a world of unprecedented scale and detail bursting with life, from mountaintops to the depths of the ocean.

"Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We can’t wait to share it with fans."

Beginning November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will be available for pre-order in stores everywhere. For all other information and updates on Grand Theft Auto V including the latest trailers, please visit http://www.rockstargames.com/V/.

viewmedia_345572_origp5j8g.jpg

Awesome. Now give me more info!

Is the GI in stores yet? I'll swing by and pick that up if it is. Unfortunately this month and next month are the 2 months they won't send to me because of an address change.

Goldrusher

PR
Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto V Coming Spring 2013

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), is very proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide during spring 2013 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious title in the series to date. Set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and the surrounding area, Grand Theft Auto V delivers a world of unprecedented scale and detail bursting with life, from mountaintops to the depths of the ocean.

"Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We can’t wait to share it with fans."

Beginning November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will be available for pre-order in stores everywhere. For all other information and updates on Grand Theft Auto V including the latest trailers, please visit http://www.rockstargames.com/V/.

I hope one of the things they learned is to not shove ungodly amounts of cutscenes down our throats.

Haha yeah right

Anyways i'm still looking forward to it!

Tattooth

Compared to that pest control art that was released earlier in the month, I think that Spring 2013 image looks terrible.

King_Moc

Banned
Meh, give me a pc version and I'll be tempted. The 360 and PS3 could be heard creaking while playing GTAIV. The PS3 one in particular was a slideshow at times.

It'd be a shame if we don't get the PC version at the same time as the console versions, especially considering how good Max Payne 3's PC version was.

I'll be kinda pissed off if we have to wait 6 months because T2 are afraid of piracy.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
It's really too bad PC hasn't been announced yet. GTA4 felt far too sluggish on 360 and I can't imagine 5 is going to feel any better.

Top Bottom