• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More clues of GTA V PC in iFruit companion app.

Saty

However, I followed in the footsteps of Lien, downloaded the iFruit app from iTunes, extracted the assets with 7Zip, ran the PNGs through FixPNG and then noticed exactly what Lien noticed: images and app assets for the PC version of GTA V.

The folder contains all the app's assets, including PNG images for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC renditions of the GTA V manual. As an example, some of the files include a mention of a color wheel highlight bar for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC (to avoid any legal heat I won't completely type out the name of the file, but if anyone bothers to look, you'll know what I mean).

iuG0HKE.png

More info: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-iFruit-App-Files-Confirm-GTA-5-PC-Assets-59178.html

will buy again.

Game runs well for the scale on consoles... but its running below 30 fps way too much to be even considered 'smooth', which naturally reviewers all said.

Madridy

I played 15min of the PS3 version, now I may just give it to my brother and wait for the PC version.

I was really hyped until i played the game, now not so much.

Demon Ice

Banned
Guys. PC GTA V going to happen. It's blindingly obvious. Why would R* go through the trouble of building that world and then limiting their vision to exist at 720p at sub 30 FPS?

They released the PS3 and 360 versions first so the console gamers and impatient PC gamers would buy them. Then everyone will double dip once the PC version comes out to enjoy the game with proper image quality, resolution, and frame rate.

Cronnie

I'd love to see a PC version but honestly don't think we'll be seeing it until next year unfortunately.

Unsurprising, but why did a PC RDR never happen?

The only thing Rockstar have ever said about RDR not appearing on the PC is :-

Rockstar said:
“All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/06/red-dead-redemption-absent-from-our-release-plans-say-rockstar/

Make of that what you will, personally I think the success of RDR caught them by surprise. It doesn't help that the game was primarily develop by Rockstar San Diego which does not have a history of it's games being ported to the PC. I think it is just a case of "Rockstar not believing that for RDR on the PC would be commercially viable".

However with GTA 5 there is more than ample evidence now from the stuff hidden in the 360 version, the stuff hidden in the ifruit app and early in August Rockstar were advertising for Graphic Programmers to "help port their products to the PC".

The question should no longer be "will there be a PC version ?" (if that was ever a valid question anyway). The question should be "when will there be a PC version ?"

Top Bottom