• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
why cant I save that Doom picture in that article? I wanted to mke a vvy out of it :(

$

I've got a new theory about Mister Miracle after reading #2 and I think it's a doozy.

I think the whole comic is Scott experiencing the Anti-Life Equation first-person.
"loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side" and all of that.

........that's gonna be soul crushing if it turns out like that. It'd a brilliant of expressing the Anti Life Equation though. Although I'm partial to that "Hell without exit or end" snippet from Final Crisis' speech.

Sandfox

Doom Patrol #1:

I liked it and will definitely keep reading, but it was super confusing as someone who knows very little about them.

The Wild Storm #1:
I liked this more than I expected. Exciting stuff

Runaways #1:
Rainbow Rowell delivered. You can tell she's a Runaways fan in her writing and the story was better than I expected it to be.

Wow Metal was amazing. Reading the part where it looked like
Superman killed Batman
made Guided View worth it.

Fuckin Batmanium?

Metal was great. I love how everything is so bonkers already. I'm enjoying this even more than Darkseid War, which was pretty swell to begin with.

Aizo

Banned
I am confused by the timeline for Metal. Some series are doing flashbacks, but some series are just going to continue like Metal isn't even happening? When does it take place?

Messi

Woah, Defenders had a really brutal ending this month. Kinda wasn't expecting it even if it turns out to be a fake out.

Aizo

Banned
Detective Comics is also about to jump to the future too.
Ohh. Okay. I didn't realize the next arc would be after Metal. Are Superman and Wonder Woman going to be in the future too? Doesn't that kinda take away a lot of the intensity away from the event? We know it'll all be back to normal then?

Ross61

Ohh. Okay. I didn't realize the next arc would be after Metal. Are Superman and Wonder Woman going to be in the future too? Doesn't that kinda take away a lot of the intensity away from the event? We know it'll all be back to normal then?
First big two event?

Aizo

Banned
First big two event?
Nah. I guess I'm just not used to reading many ongoing series while the event is going.

I've never read this many ongoing American comics in my life. Most of the time I've lived in Japan, I've just read manga.

mreddie

Runaways: I dunno, I feel there's good things to talk about but things are really bugging me.

Ms. Marvel: GWW remembers DUST!

Gwenpool: Solid ending to a good arc, looks like Guruihuru is taking a break after this though.

Woah, Defenders had a really brutal ending this month. Kinda wasn't expecting it even if it turns out to be a fake out.

Are we still
doing this shit with Diamondback? He's a fucking jobber villain who should have been done with by issue #3. Fuck this guy.
Also, I need a Jessica Jones Premium Format statue. Sideshow pls.

Gwenpool: Solid ending to a good arc, looks like Guruihuru is taking a break after this though.

Ugh. For how long are we going to be stuck with a fill-in artist? I think the art style adds a lot to the book's charm.

mreddie

Ugh. For how long are we going to be stuck with a fill-in artist? I think the art style adds a lot to the book's charm.

It's not the one who did the LA arc, it's the one who did the Gwenpool Venom thing, as well as the 2 issue Miles vs. Gwen arc.

I assume til January/Feb.

Dalek

Action Comics stunk. Dan Jurgens is just so awful. All of those scenes with destruction were just one bad panel of dialogue after another.

Action Comics stunk. Dan Jurgens is just so awful. All of those scenes with destruction were just one bad panel of dialogue after another.

Has Action Comics Rebirth been "awful" entirely? I enjoy Tomasi's Superman and wanted to grab that, but debated about AC.

Tim Drake's New 52 outfit bugs the hell out of me, because I actually like it, but there's some details that add too much.
-remove the belts across his chest and his arms, and also those dumb shiny discs on his shoulders.
-Now the entire costume is black and red. Add some gold to boots, gloves, and wings. Just some small coloration to increase variety with out overwhelming anything.
-put the Red Robin logo smack on his chest.
Archie canceled the trades when the series when on "hiatus" so it isn't fully collected anyways.
Goddamn it.

Is Archie the worst publisher or what?
Has Action Comics Rebirth been "awful" entirely? I enjoy Tomasi's Superman and wanted to grab that, but debated about AC.
I dropped AC after the first arc. Boring as hell.

Sandfox

Iron Fists #4:
Dad Danny continues to be a great thing. I like how this story is developing Danny and Pei.

Tim Drake's New 52 outfit bugs the hell out of me, because I actually like it, but there's some details that add too much.
-remove the belts across his chest and his arms, and also those dumb shiny discs on his shoulders.
-Now the entire costume is black and red. Add some gold to boots, gloves, and wings. Just some small coloration to increase variety with out overwhelming anything.
-put the Red Robin logo smack on his chest.

Goddamn it.

Is Archie the worst publisher or what?

I dropped AC after the first arc. Boring as hell.
Pretty much.

I didn't like Action Comics either, but I haven't ready anything past the first arc.

Really happy, I got one of Mignola's prints in the mail. Signed by him and Dave Stewart:

Need to get them framed, but one step at a time.

*sigh* why do you do this to me Tyrant Rave.

Nah, that looks awesome man, I'm hella jealous. Really would like to grab one of those before they stop again but shipping to UK was pretty heavy when I checked. Gotta show us once it's all framed and hung :D

Top Bottom