• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Don't recall is good! Jseph sounds a lot like Gary in it and BM more in the TOP style and it's nice they varied the rap styles. The chorus is a bit out of place I guess but solid overall.

llehuty

When will your favs be a disney princess in harmony with nature.

April.jpg

lol. Somin with the title of best dodged bullet in kpop

havokex

Sounds interesting, and she looks amazing, but I'm still pretty damn disappointed we're getting a Taeyeon comeback. She had all of 2016 to herself, and now the ratio of Taeyeon:SNSD comebacks is way too fucking high. It's their 10th fucking anniversary year, it's time for the entire group, not just one member.

We've had Seohyun solo in January, maybe each member will get a solo release of some sort (SM Station?), then TTS, then a full SNSD group album

llehuty

K.A.R.D - Don't Recall (First LIVE Stage)
I love the snappiness of the intro. Reminds me of Hurt Locker's intro.
I still think that Don't Recall is slightly inferior to Oh Nana in almost every single department (instrumental, MV, concept, chorus, choreo,...), but still a very solid effort that I'm enjoying a lot.

I dunno. Leaving his old group XING and his performer name "POPPIN' DRAGON" behind him and debuting in BEAST worked out pretty well for Junhyung (well, up until last year, but they've still got a big following while they sort themselves out)

Poppin' dragon is a legit stage name, though :p

K.A.R.D deliver again.
At this point I have no interest in hidden cards anymore and would rather focus entirely on the primary members. Sadly, Jiwoo is a non-entity in this song, and underrated in general. Then you remember J-Seph is also a capable singer who hasn't yet displayed that on K.A.R.D's singles.

As to the reggaeton-like comment: Nah, "Don't Recall" is essentially straight up Reggae with Pop infusions. Much more so than "Oh Nana" was.

As for the Top comparisons: Deep voice similarities aside, it's more BM is borrowing from the same style that Top and some others do: Dancehall chatting.

Across the board YG have been intergrating Reggae/Dancehall/Soca/Roots & Culture/Calypso influences more heavily than most agencies whose external influences chiefly focus on western R&B, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Pop, and folk sources. CL and Top would be at the forefront of this with their groups, and YG's acts as a whole, swimming in Caribbean rhythms.

K.A.R.D's fellow super-rookies Blackpink obviously revel in these sounds as well.

Naver

1 hour, 4 minutes of KARDcaptor
Vlive [REPLAY] K.A.R.D 컴백 카운트다운 라이브 (Comeback Countdown Live) **"Don't Recall" live performance @ ~49:15**

[ENG] K.A.R.D의 사랑이 가득한 Valentine Day♥ (URL contains Korean, so link may not work for you if your device does not properly convert the URL)

YouTube
K.A.R.D - Don`t Recall M/V Theory

KARD Clip #10 - "Don't Recall" Full Dance/Choreography (Mirrored)

[ENG] 170209 KARD'S V App Channel Open

·feist·;229317683 said:
1 hour, 45 minutes Cosmic Girls
[ENG SUB] 170209 WJSN Private Life on HeyoTV (EP 2)

WJSN x Weekly Idol Preview — (Weekly Idol EP.290) Weekly Idol Next Week!

[ENG] — 170211 WJSN (우주소녀) Bona Special MC Cut @ "Entertainment Weekly"

170216 WJSN (우주소녀) Bona Cuts @ "Lipstick Prince Ep.12"

170211 Cosmic Girls WJSN (우주소녀) China line - Cheng Xiao (성소) Mei Qi (미기) Xuan Yi (선의):

C-Trinity — 170211 우주소녀(WJSN) 성소 선의 미기 MoMoMo (Chinese Ver)

C-Trinity — 170211 WJSN (우주소녀) @ "Hunan TV Lantern Festival" [Press Conference]

subCTRAIN-jumbo.jpg

Not nearly J-Line/J-Trinity tier, though.

No No Eul

Nieah's releases her first EP!

Five tracks, three of which are new. They're all up on Chillwithus' channel:

니아 (Nieah) - Deja Vu
니아 (Nieah) - Underline (Feat. Jay Dope)
니아 (Nieah) - Know Me (Feat. Rick Bridges)
니아 (Nieah) - Cactus Flower
니아 (Nieah) - Tell Me Why

So good.

Soompi said:

I really hope this is a direct consequence of the recent clarification of the whole T-ara/Hwayoung scandal. It would be amazing if Eunjung, Jiyeon et al suddenly started getting regular acting gigs again (and any other work in Korea for that matter).

Yeah.

Like Ooh-Ahh and Like a Fool.

Like Ooh-Ahh and Cheer Up surely? ;)

vanty

At the moment Twice only have decent songs at best. No need to overrate them here when the rest of the world is doing a fine job of it.

llehuty

Those Nieah links aren't working from my work's computer and is pissing me off.

[Audio] Seoul Karaoke System - Cold Days (Feat. Seong Jin of ELEKSTIC)
[Audio] Seoul Karaoke System - Feeling
[Audio] Seoul Karaoke System - Under The City Lights
[Audio] Seoul Karaoke System - Jenga
Funky-synthy goodness.

Rose Queen (로즈퀸) - Hot in Here (Audio only)
Love me some trashy bangers every now and then. No MV is dissapointing, though.

Lydia Lee - Paralyze Me [Official Audio]
Sounds like something from an Amy Winehouse album.

KARD switched parts intro
this is so dumb, but I can't stop laughing.

llehuty

Even more funny, it seems it's not delayed but rather a fake account was spreading that info. LOL

edit: HERE IT IS

TAEYEON 태연_I Got Love_Music Video
Ugh, that antichorus, UGHHHHH.

Producers had a 10/10 song in their hands if they had done something similar to the last chorus in the other two, with the organ riff still playing and some vocals. The amazing prechorus for nothing.

She does look fantastic and her vocals are nice, but breaking the whole dynamics of the song... for a stupid brass sample even...

Bring on the remixes, pls.

--R

Banned
That song would have been awesome if it didn't have that cheap saxophone sample instead of a proper chorus.

Tae looks great, tho.

luso

mv is �� tae is bae song is ��meh

Good enough for a pre-release, would have been a banger with a proper chorus though.

As expected, not public "friendly" song, not my favorite type also, but it's good she's can try other concepts. I agree it lacks some strong chorus. Lens are terrible most of the times, there's not even need to use them. I also complain about the MV edit, it's not good at all. Choose your favorite hairstyle!

Taeyeon's styling is amazing. The song has a nice vibe but I have to echo that the chorus ruins it. I hope she will bring more of those looks into her repertoire in the future, it suits her.

Cmagus

Ugh, that antichorus, UGHHHHH.

Producers had a 10/10 song in their hands if they had done something similar to the last chorus in the other two, with the organ riff still playing and some vocals. The amazing prechorus for nothing.

She does look fantastic and her vocals are nice, but breaking the whole dynamics of the song... for a stupid brass sample even...

Bring on the remixes, pls.

My exact thoughts.She does look really good though the black hair suits her nicely.

llehuty

PInk Tape

Banned
Hyejeong is joining the cast of SNL Korea for the upcoming 9th season

I hope she gets more fans out of this, she has a good sense of humour so it should be fun.

On another note: first she, Yuna and Chanmi all got new hair. Then Yuna had 2 solo photoshoots in the span of 3 weeks. And now this. If it weren't for Yuna's foot injury I'd be getting excited for an AOA Cream comeback.

Me too :(

I'm glad Hyejeong's gonna be doing something fun.

:lol

mr_chun

Maybe it's cause I'm listening on my phone, but that doesn't sound like a saxophone to me. Sounds like an electric guitar. Not that it matters, it's weird either way.

I really liked the verses though. Had a Michael Jackson vibe. Dig it.

Top Bottom