• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tequila Works reaquired the rights to RiME

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
8sGjO2O.jpg

https://twitter.com/tequilaworks/status/710148806717874177

So this means it's no longer a Sony owned/published IP and might go multiplats?

Tequila Works has chosen to reacquire the rights to its adventure game, RiME, and is working hard to realise its aspirations for it.

https://twitter.com/RiMEGame/status/710148808001376256

So it's not a Sony IP anymore, wonder what went wrong.

EDit: There were some rumors about the relationship between Sony and TW, which was not good.

Without further explanation , the announcement apparently involves separating the exclusive project environment PlayStation (Sony was the publisher until now ), implying an independent development and opening up the possibility to come out on other platforms outside PS4 .

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/286833/Tequila+Works+sigue+desarrollando+Rime+sin+Sony/

jett

D-Member
Well that's a clear sign of a clusterfuck. At this rate I'm not sure this game is ever coming out.

dugdug

Banned
Considering we've barely seen any footage besides the reveal, sounds pretty safe to say this game is screwed.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Must be a mess if Sony was willing to give up something like Rime. They're known for always backing those diverse/creative games, that probably won't sell.

Edit- I knew something was up, we didn't hear anything about it in a long time.

georly

"Tequila Works hace hoy público que ha recuperado los derechos sobre la propiedad intelectual de su juego de aventuras en un mundo abierto, Rime. El estudio continua trabajando en el desarrollo con el objetivo de alcanzar sus aspiraciones para el juego."

"Today, Tequila works makes public that it has recovered the rights for the intellectual property of their adventure game in an open world, Rime. The studio continues to work on developing (the game) with the objective of raising its asiprations for the game"

Pardon my non-localized rough translation.

jaypah

Sucks to hear that development may have been troubled, the game always looked interesting. Best of luck to the team 🍀

Yup, sounds like Sony dropped it

Yikes, this must have been a huge mess. I was really looking forward to it at first, but after the stories about the footage all being trickery and so many months passing without any word on it, I'm not very optimistic any more. I wonder if they will self-publish it, or partner with another publisher.

Their first game gave me no confidence that Rime was going to be good, as amazing as it looked, and Sony dropping it is not exactly restoring that confidence.

It's alright.

With The Last Guardian coming out this year, Sony no longer needs the copycat product.
Edit: with all due respect! It looked alright for what it tried to do

On a similar note, how's Abzu doing? That one showed real promise.

Ryde3

Was this common knowledge? I had no idea there was any problems with development/release or whatever this is classified as.

Without further explanation , the announcement apparently involves separating the exclusive project environment PlayStation (Sony was the publisher until now ), implying an independent development and opening up the possibility to come out on other platforms outside PS4 .

Top Bottom