• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS launching March 27 at $250 in the US!

Mr_Brit

Banned
Just confirmed in the 3DS conference.

Are you going to get it at this price?

Edit: Picture Proof.

ea-tgs-keynote-0095.jpg

sajj316

Tempting .. will see what the PSP2 price point is before getting my next handheld. If also sold at $249, I will get a PSP2.

onken

Really, considering the 25000Y Japan price anyone expecting anything else was just asking for disappointment.

Also no doubt it my mind now about $300 PSP2.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can't get it at launch. Will get at first price drop, first redesign, or when a main 3DS Pokemon comes out.

Mr_Brit said:
Just confirmed in the 3DS conference

Are you going to get it at this price?

No software relevant to my interests, no substantial advances in integration of online gaming (friend codes need to die in a fire), and not interested in 3D gimmick.

Igavania is what sold me on DS, and fortunately it got the Shantae sequel.

Only time will tell if something I desperately need to play will come out for it.

That price has been thrown around a lot, so no surprises. Most people are probably relieved that it isn't more expensive, which makes the price seem not so bad.

scitek

The Take Out Bandit said:
No software relevant to my interests, no substantial advances in integration of online gaming (friend codes need to die in a fire), and not interested in 3D gimmick.

Igavania is what sold me on DS, and fortunately it got the Shantae sequel.

Only time will tell if something I desperately need to play will come out for it.

One friend code for the entire system, not per game.

So much better than it could have been...I was worried it was going to be $299, that would have been a big mistake for the US at least. I'll get it at $250 and be happy.

I think people are just relieved because they were bracing for the worst, but $250 is not a cheap hand held. Knowing Nintendo this gen it'll be ages before a price drop too. Oh well, at least it's not $300.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Neiteio said:
What Nintendo games are available Day One?

Seems to be Pilotwings, Nintendogs+Cats, Steel Diver, and maybe OoT 3D. It's hard to know which ones are for launch and which are "launch window." Probably will be cleared up in a press release later.

Top Bottom