• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

-viper-

Banned
anonymousAversa said:
I think he may just not have been ready for the pic, who knows.
He took part in a 24 hour endurance race. What else is everyone expecting - Kaz to be refreshed with high energy? :p

Firewire

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
the ring looks a million times better.

now lets have that total blow out and a new demo to download during e3

Oh God, a demo would rock! Actually it would rock till you found out it was Tokyo. :lol

plainr_

11v74tk.jpg
:lol

-viper-

Banned
DRIVING FORCE GT QUESTIONS:

Is the Driving Force GT worth it? How much better is it than the controller?

Secondly, my table is VERY THICK. thickness is 4.5cm. Will the DFGT fit with the clamps or not? Because had some logitech PS2 wheel with the clamps and it doesn't even fit on my desk.

Firewire

Banned
-viper- said:

Secondly, my table is VERY THICK. thickness is 4.5cm. Will the DFGT fit with the clamps or not? Because had some logitech PS2 wheel with the clamps and it doesn't even fit on my desk.

Over a controller yes!

That's pretty thick, I doubt it would fit using the clamps (thinking G25/27 clamps) don't know if the DFGT has the same clamps. I would spring for a Wheel Stand Pro though, great investment if you are going to go with a wheel.

-viper-

Banned
Firewire said:
Over a controller yes!

That's pretty thick, I doubt it would fit using the clamps (thinking G25/27 clamps) don't know if the DFGT has the same clamps. I would spring for a Wheel Stand Pro though, great investment if you are going to go with a wheel.
Hmm.

Logitech customer support website isn't working so I can't ask them anything.

I'd rather not buy a wheel stand pro. It's pretty expensive @ £100 and it'll just create less space and more hassle of putting it away (no space for that).

Firewire

Banned
offshore said:
4 weeks today until Sony's E3 conference.

It's gonna drag so bad...

I know, it's like a slow motion nightmare.

Going to boot up GT5P tonight, hit up some manufacturer events and some online action to help with the wait.

Firewire said:
I know, it's like a slow motion nightmare.

Going to boot up GT5P tonight, hit up some manufacturer events and some online action to help with the wait.

Yeah i was thinking of doing the same. Maybe try and best my drift record with the Evo on Eiger Nordwand

Firewire

Banned
-viper- said:
Hmm.

Logitech customer support website isn't working so I can't ask them anything.

I'd rather not buy a wheel stand pro. It's pretty expensive @ £100 and it'll just create less space and more hassle of putting it away (no space for that).

Actually it's way more convenient, its saves space. You don't have to setup and disassemble your wheel all the time. Plus you just disconnect from your PS3 and slide it under a couch or a bed. Plus it's pretty damn sturdy.

I'm very happy with mine, well worth the money for me.

-viper- said:

IIRC the DFGT clamps cover at least 2.5 inches, so you should be good to go.

And there's no comparison to a controller. With a controller your interaction with the physics engine is heavily abstracted. With a wheel you're matching hardware with software. Its literally a different game.

Glix

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
IIRC the DFGT clamps cover at least 2.5 inches, so you should be good to go.

And there's no comparison to a controller. With a controller your interaction with the physics engine is heavily abstracted. With a wheel you're matching hardware with software. Its literally a different game.

On sale at bestbuy.com for 100 bucks!!!

Edit: Just ordered mine, and man, I'm pumped up!

There should be a sequence of pics where Kaz is slowly removing his gloves and gear and he finally removes his helmet to reveal TRANSLATOR SAN

After seeing KB I really hope there is a huge GT5 blowout at E3. No more shitty PSP versions or shitty prologues we want the real deal.

I want to see a live demo on stage with both Kaz, translator guy, the bigger Kaz and Ken fucking Kutaragi playing GT5 on stage while there's half naked dancers and fireworks.

I'd settle for a release date though

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
cakefoo said:
I have one and it's only allowing 3cm (1 3/16 inches) of table thickness.

Both my G27 and Driving Force just fit my 2" table - you sure that measurement is with the two feet/squares removed?

Omiee

SolidSnakex said:
:lol The first few seconds were disastrous. Shift damnit!

Also is it me or is the enzo realy difficult to drive cuz he is a pretty good driver but he had a hard time controlling the beast

KingDizzi

Banned
I think it's fare to say that 16 cars on the track is staying in GT5:p and not moving to the full game. I have to admit that makes me pretty bitter however with all the improvements cuts had to be made.

Think the max has been 12 in the full game.

Edit - Was the guy driving with blind folds on?

Goldrusher

From the info box of that video:
AI drivers now have names (selected randomly ?) : Titus, Grant, Shawn, Keagan, Jasper, Giovanni, Rodrigo, Keith, Haiden, Phoenix, Yahir, Humberto, Jimmy, Jason, Kai, Jayson, Russell, Jared, Milton, Carlos, Omari, Harper, Zachary, etc.

No more active stability management setting (ASM) in the option menu.

SolidSnakex said:
:lol The first few seconds were disastrous. Shift damnit!
Again from the info box:
shifters were broken

TheThunder said:
After seeing KB I really hope there is a huge GT5 blowout at E3. No more shitty PSP versions or shitty prologues we want the real deal.

I want to see a live demo on stage with both Kaz, translator guy, the bigger Kaz and Ken fucking Kutaragi playing GT5 on stage while there's half naked dancers and fireworks.

Yeah why not. I was really surprised to see Ken Fucking Kutaragi listed among the executive producers (IIRC) of GT PSP in the credit list of the game. I mean there was quite some time between that KFK left Sony and the GT PSP was released.

Honestly I really hate this thread, it has been the ultimate thread of no-news for quite some time. Just look at me, here I am posting shit about the GT PSP, now it just made me hate myself. Fucking thread, I piss on you.

KingDizzi said:
I think it's fare to say that 16 cars on the track is staying in GT5:p and not moving to the full game. I have to admit that makes me pretty bitter however with all the improvements cuts had to be made.

As Omiee said, it just seems like the Enzo is really difficult to handle. mimaximax also seems to suggest that this demo is more in line with the TT in terms of physics. So those videos he made at CES appear to have had a toned down physics engine.

Goldrusher

painful fart said:
Honestly I really hate this thread, it has been the ultimate thread of no-news for quite some time. Just look at me, here I am posting shit about the GT PSP, now it just made me hate myself. Fucking thread, I piss on you.
Oh come on, just this past weekend we got to see an entirely new Nürburgring, complete with GP track.

And Man Furismo !

Firewire

Banned
KingDizzi said:

What the hell have you been smoking? I want some!

"Transmission : Automatic (shifters were broken)"

:lol

KingDizzi said:

Don't jump to conclusions, the number of cars representes of the number of cars PD wants to show in each demo. Have you noticed on none of the cars repeat? We've had demos with 8 cars, 10, 12, 16, etc...

offshore said:
How good does that Enzo cockpit look though.
So good

1-D_FTW

Beatbox said:
Both my G27 and Driving Force just fit my 2" table - you sure that measurement is with the two feet/squares removed?

Probably just 2 inches on the edge. My keyboard shelve is a little under 1.5 inches thick and I couldn't put any pressure on the clamps. Couldn't even really test my G27 until I built a stand for it.

Wait. What? You can remove the squares? :lol

Gek54

That display of Enzo handling chaos is a really welcome sign, especially after having to deal with that permanent driving aid in that other game.

That's a slippery slope that you two are approaching...

Anyway, what's with the Ford GT starting outside of the starting grid? I can't remember htat happening in Prologue

2gsr8ko.png

Top Bottom