• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Most Time You've Spent with a Single Player Game?

zenspider

In any game? I've played Zelda III and Super Mario World, and Star Fox 64 almost annually since release, so those, but I have no idea how many hours. I'm sure some arcade games or shmups would be up there as well, but no idea.

In one playthrough?

180-90 something hours in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Demons' and Dark Souls are the only other 100+ I can clock in one playthrough.

FFXV (90+ saving post-game for after DLC releases) and BotW (@ 70+ as of this afternoon.)

Some of y'all are animals! I don't platinum or 100% games though, so maybe that's why? My multiplayer game clocks are pretty obnoxious though.

In a single playthrough? Probably FFVII but im not 100% positive, the clock stops at 99 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds. I've also put 120 hours into FFXV.

Soodanim

Skyrim: 657

2nd place for reference:
Dark Souls 1: 281 (400+ if you include PS3)

Skyrim clicked with me in a big way. Having only played F3 and NV before it from Bethesda's series, Skyrim just did everything better. And mods, of course.

Fallout 3 I wish I could give accurate numbers on, but most of the time was on PS3 or not tracked by Steam. I'd say at least 300 there.

I think I spent about 130 hours in Dragon's Dogma in total, which is by far the most time I've ever spent with a game. Next closest would be Demon's Souls with about 100 cumulative hours, and then after that would probably be Final Fantasy VII with I expect something like 80-90 hours across three playthroughs.

Szadek

I play 250 hours of The Last Remnant, over 100 of year Dissdia games and about 150 hours of the Witcher 3 (before I lost my savefile).

ReaperXL7

I've sunk far more time into the Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy as series than maybe anything else hobby wise. I've purchased and bought most of the games more then once and played through them all multiple times, the way they work in general provides a lot of opportunity for replayability.

I'm honestly not sure if it would be a TES game or an FF game though.

If I were to include multiplayer games the easy answer would be Ultima Online.

Geg

In terms of just amount of time spent getting from start to finish in one playthrough, Breath of the Wild was about 115 hours for me, which is probably the most. I don't normally spend that much time on single-player games, at least not in a single playthrough. My previous highest time was 80 hours on FFXV.

Around 200 hours into skyrim on PS3 is my most. I'm also somewhere around 90 in the FFX remaster, and over 60 hours of GTA V single player.

Rbk_3

According to Steam, I have 209 hours in Farming Simulator 17.
Before I built my PC in December, I put 90 hours into the PS4 version.

So 300 hours, and this is for sure the most I have played any game, and I have no signs of slowing down. Shits addicting.

Around 500+ in DMC3/DMC3:SE, across 4 and 4SE I think i'm around 250 hours. So I played way more 3. That includes vanilla, 3SE on PS2, PC, and the HD version on PS3.

I checked recently, 168 hours on Persona 4 Golden. That's the first one that comes to mind. Would like to add to that, but with P5 coming out, there might not be much point.

mokeyjoe

Over the years, probably Doom - but i have no way of knowing.

I spent over 100 hours on FFXII confirmed, but that was dethroned recently by the 150 hours or so I've spent in NMS.

Probably doesn't sound much to some but it's a ton for me.

Not including 1000s of hours ive spent replaying doom and doom mods I think it has to be persona 4 @ 84 hours. BOTW is well on track to beat that though.

Neptonic

260 hours in Pokémon X
I think MGS5 is at 140
Fallout New Vegas is probably 100

Most of my time was spent playing Team Fortress 2 which is at like 350, I have friends who have played TF2 for like 3000 hrs.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I must have put, at least, 400 hours combined into Pokémon Red and Yellow back in the day. I would even say I got 500 easily. I put around 30 or so hours into them every few years, so the count keeps rising.

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction has to be around 400 as well. I played mostly solo, but did team up with a few friends from time to time.

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors has to be around 300 hours or so too. Mind you, I rarely, if ever, played multiplayer.

Diablo III nears the 200-250 hours easily as well.

Most recently, per Steam:

1. OG Skyrim: 185 hours.
  2. Fallout: New Vegas: 140 hours.
  3. Clicker Heroes: 130 (around 129 idling, I guess)
  4. Dark Souls: 122 hours.
  5. Borderlands 2: 119 hours.
  6. Borderlands: 99 hours.
  7. Dark Souls 3: 98 hours (I still haven't touched the DLC).
  8. HITMAN: 93 hours.
  9. Mafia II: 86 hours.
  10. MGSV: 82 hours.

All of those in single player. I really don't like playing with others :p

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite- 500+ Hours
Edit: Well, I am an idiot. SINGLE PLAYER! In that case probably Double Dragon 2 The Revenge. 300 Hours? still counting since I still play it very often.

Coxy100

Banned
I posted above -50 hours on Skyrim (360)

Just booted up the PC and actually it's 442 hours on total war: Rome 2

That's scary how much I've played 1 game. That's enough of that!

ZOONAMI

Probably fallout 3 with something like 120hrs.

My guess is BOTW will surpass it. I don't know where I'm at right now but probably 60 hours or so after 2 dungeons and basically no side quests.

I'm at 80 hours in BOTW and I've only done 1 main dungeon... it's just wonderful being in that world. I've never played so much in such a short space of time before...

Oblivion. I spent probably 100 hours on the Xbox 360 version and then another 80 on the PC version. Skyrim didn't come close to that.

Revan

Thousands into the Ninja Gaiden games.

Edit: NGB came out in 2004 and and I still play the NG games routinely.

TB12

Banned
This game scares me, i literally need to uninstall it...
131 hours, one of the best game ever :)

IMG_20170319_230559.jpg

I'll never know for certain how much of my life was put into Resident Evil 4 or Final Fantasy VII, but I'm willing to guess it's easily 500 hours each. Even that seems low, knowing that I have close to 200 hours in The Evil Within between PS4 and PC, and I still don't know that game as well as the other two. Somehow.

The longest recorded total playtime I have available to me on Steam is Dragon Age: Origins at 109 hours. It seems laughably low by comparison.

But I'm also one of those people who only buys maybe 5-10 games a year and only really truly loves one or two of them per year, so take that for what you will.

Top Bottom