• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

HotHamBoy

Wow that's a hefty list. Thanks!

If you like deckbuilding games like Ascension then you really should get Star Realms. It's free to play offline and $3 IAP unlocks online MP and campaign missions on all devices with one login.

There's some mini expansions for $2/ea and a major expansion for $5 but you don't need any of that until you feel like you want to shake up the gameplay with new mechanics.

It's one of the best card games on mobile and you can get it IRL for $15 with enough cards for a 2 player game.

They have a new digital deckbuilder adaptation of their game Epic coming soon, really excited.

Age of Rivals is also an awesome and unique deckbuilding game but it doesn't have pass n play so i left it off the list.

If you like deckbuilding games like Ascension then you really should get Star Realms. It's free to play offline and $3 IAP unlocks online MP and campaign missions on all devices with one login.

There's some mini expansions for $2/ea and a major expansion for $5 but you don't need any of that until you feel like you want to shake up the gameplay with new mechanics.

It's one of the best card games on mobile and you can get it IRL for $15 with enough cards for a 2 player game.

They have a new digital deckbuilder adaptation of their game Epic coming soon, really excited.

Age of Rivals is also an awesome and unique deckbuilding game but it doesn't have pass n play so i left it off the list.

I had Star Realms already, had just forgotten to list it, but this post made me pick up Age of Rivals, and I played it too late last night because it is indeed pretty awesome.

Picked up a bunch of other stuff too. Excited for more digital board gaming in my life. Maybe I'll even get to play online a bit now that I've got a new ipad my daughter hopefully won't be stealing all the damn time >:\

Nezzhil

Cross-posting from the Steam community thread.

7jXHf7M.jpg
The creator of BattleCON board game is streaming the digital version on twitch. Right now only for PC, but they'll work to mobile versions too.
For anyone that doesn't know BattleCON, it's a simultaneous turn based card fighting game. Each fighter have a dozen of cards that need to be played in pairs to do attacks and other moves like in a 2D fighting game. You can check the finalized kickstarter for more details, but the screenshots are very dated because they changed of developer early this year.

Also, the backers will be able to play the alpha the next week.

Nezzhil

looks dope, any deck building elements to this game or it's all fixed per character?

Right now, all the fighters (minus one) in the four standalone games released have a fixed set of cards between unique and common cards. Only one is the exception, with a customable deck of cards.

Some board game expansions add more game modes like alternate fighter skins (powers), deck-building or powered-up fighter variations. At launch, the digital game will only have alternate skins.

Edit: If the game get an audience, they will add more fighters in batches or seasons. But I don't know when the customable fighter, Endrbyt, will be added.

Top Bottom