• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

Rayman has a "Buy Now" button in the livearea. It's a demo.

You guys are freaking out over everything. I don't have MJ downloaded yet, but that's probably the only error.

The Ubisoft games are all full downloads with unlock codes. They're not all free.

Just to clarify:

All ubisoft games have you download the whole game and don't say "demo."

As far as anyone has reported only Michael Jackson has unlocked trophies and not reset on people, like the demos for the other two games have.

People playing MJ, keep talking to us! Im downloading onto my ps3 now.

It's really easy to check. Does your Live Area for MJ give you the ability to unlock the full game? If not, you got the full version. If it does, you dont.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So if Rayman and Lumines are truly confirmed demos, how about Dungeon Hunter and and Asphalt?
I would think MJ would have been the last game someone queued up. Just checking.

I've been way out of the Vita curve, but I gotta ask. Not interested in any of the launch titles, but I am interested in getting some PSP games that I missed. Is there any way to map PSP controls to the Vitas right analog stick? This makes all the difference in the world.

I've been way out of the Vita curve, but I gotta ask. Not interested in any of the launch titles, but I am interested in getting some PSP games that I missed. Is there any way to map PSP controls to the Vitas right analog stick? This makes all the difference in the world.

Yes, you can map a couple different combos to the right stick. And the screen is a very nice upgrade over the psp. Check out some PSP on Vita videos on youtube.

areal

Yep. Beaten like a Ubisoft demo.

ewITp.jpg

So if Rayman and Lumines are truly confirmed demos, how about Dungeon Hunter and and Asphalt?
I would think MJ would have been the last game someone queued up. Just checking.

Asphalt is for sure, livearea had a buy now option.

Been playing MJ for an hour, no nag screen and I keep unlocking shit so I am gonna go ahead and confirm that I have the full game on here.

DarkRessurrection got trophies. So what's going on?

They are all full games. They are missing an unlock key (usually 100kb). You will unlock trophies as they are full games and it's a way of not punishing you for finishing the demo or getting a trophy yet redoing that portion of the game. It's also OCD/ADHD virus for trophy lovers who can't end a game with only a few bronze.

Win-win for all! :lol

Shitty question. I have a buddy that would love to know about this MJ debacle but he's asleep for work in the morning. I have it downloaded, can I share this game with him?

Respawn

Banned
They are all full games. They are missing an unlock key (usually 100kb). You will unlock trophies as they are full games and it's a way of not punishing you for finishing the demo or getting a trophy yet redoing that portion of the game. It's also OCD/ADHD virus for trophy lovers who can't end a game with only a few bronze.

Ahh I see. Thanks Shagg

Alright one more post for clarity:

1. I bought Lumines today at Gamestop so those trophies are from a retail copy!

2. All the Ubi games are locked EXCEPT for MJ

3. You can check this easily (if you have a Vita) if you go to the games LiveArea, there should a option to Buy Now which MJ DOES NOT have.

Alright one more post for clarity:

1. I bought Lumines today at Gamestop so those trophies are from a retail copy!

2. All the Ubi games are locked EXCEPT for MJ

3. You can check this easily (if you have a Vita) if you go to the games LiveArea, there should a option to Buy Now which MJ DOES NOT have.

Thanks for putting all the info in one place.

Now i just hope my download finishes before grace chen flies in by helicopter to pull the plug. PSN is slowwwwwww tonight. I guess the vita launch and 2000 free PSN+ games will do that.

UberTag

So since people have Lumines now. Is there or is there not a Platinum?
There isn't one listed.
Hidden trophies aren't listed.

Mielke said the Platinum is there but Hidden... which means we won't feasibly see it until we earn every other trophy in the game.
He also quoted a different install size for the digital version of the game than what we wound up with.

Did anyone check Dungeon Hunter?
darkressurection indicated that he did up above.

Toki767

Now i just hope my download finishes before grace chen flies in by helicopter to pull the plug. PSN is slowwwwwww tonight. I guess the vita launch and 2000 free PSN+ games will do that.

The PSN staff are probably already home by now. It's not getting fixed until tomorrow if it gets fixed at all.

Respawn

Banned
Did anyone check Dungeon Hunter?

No problem, I know stuff got confusing there for a sec but hopefully everyone is caught up now.

frequency

That's why people need to stop freaking out.
darkresurrection came to post about MJ and then a few non-Vita people came into the thread freaking out and being all like "LUMINES IS FREE TOO" and "MY DOWNLOAD LIST DOESN'T SAY DEMO".

Too much confusion and misinformation.

MJ is like 1.6GB. Slow download. I'm sure confirmations will come in soon.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Which is the better choice: GTA Liberty City Stories or GTA Vice City Stories? I want to get one of them, but I have only enough cash for one.

Also getting Assassin's Creed Bloodlines

IllumiNate

Wow at the greed of some publishers, how much does it cost to ship your game to a store and what's there cut?
Im guessing like $10, and they can't even give us a discount of $4?
My most wanted games were UMvC3 and Fifa. I will no longer purchase them out of principal, my money is going to Lumines and Hot shots. End rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom