• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at David Harbour as Hellboy

That's probably more because of the lighting in those two pics. The Perlman one is brightly lit unlike the Harbour one that is drenched in darkness.
That too, but also the colder stare and angry expression, the horns look more gnarly, the hand is more rugged and artificial, the pronounced scars, etc

Damn. I don't even recognize Harbour at all. I'm still in what "*shrug* New Hellboy? Cool I guess?" phase but would at the same time like this to be very good because I do think Harbour could go a good job as Hellboy.

Alienous

I know barely anything about the character, but it looks like Perlman's version with the 'hell' slider increased slightly. Seems more demonic.

That's probably more because of the lighting in those two pics. The Perlman one is brightly lit unlike the Harbour one that is drenched in darkness.

Sure, but that's also a decision that the filmmakers/studio made in depicting the first look of this take on the character this way.

mjc

Damn, you could have told me that was a promo shot for Hellboy 3 with Perlman and I wouldn't have known.

i-Lo

Perlman had more of a "hero" vibe, while Harbour looks more menacing IMO

Did they use some form synthetic skin/padding/contour for Perlman version?

And as for Harbour the transformation is amazing! Here's a topless shot of him from Stranger Things S1:

c34ef00182cf1d897e9c41533c9edaa6.png

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like everything except the right hand of doom.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
For those saying it looks like Perlman, its more like Perlman looks a whole fucking lot like comicbook Hellboy naturally.

Did they use some form synthetic skin/padding/contour for Perlman version?

And as for Harbour the transformation is amazing! Here's a topless shot of him from Stranger Things S1:

c34ef00182cf1d897e9c41533c9edaa6.png

You can tell from that picture alone that he can put on some size. His pecs and arms already are pretty big. I am stoked.

Platy

Perlman had more of a mignola style proportions .... this is how hellboy would look if he was a real life being

Loxley

They've really improved the prosthetics from the Perlman days. The chest and abs in particular don't look nearly as fake and rubbery as Perlman's did.

Looks great, although I think I prefer Perlman's fist. Wonder if they'll go with hooves this time.

one of the animated movies had Hellboy with long hair in a bun.

That's how he wears it in the comics, and how Perlman had it in the previous films. Just a bit unusual to see it down.

Top Bottom