• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several Tales games revealed in Jump

Aeana

"Tales of Graces F" for PS3 - Winter 2010
New Tales game for PS3 - no date
Radiant Mythology 3 for PSP - 2011

-----

duckroll said:
Okay so from the clean scans we have some details which can probably be added to the OP for more clarity:

New PS3 Tales Of title:
- No title yet
- Single image illustration showing a city
- No release date yet

Tales of Graces F:
- PS3 port of the Wii title
- New costume for Sophie
- New Hi-Ougis and post-ending story events added
- Release window is Winter 2010

Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3:
- Third game in the PSP series
- Heroine with nonsensical name is voiced by Aya Hirano
- Aspel from ToG will be in the game as well
- Over 80 characters will be in the game
- Release window is 2011

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
More Tales to everyone! Untz untz :)

K.Sabot

Ooh, any name for the PS3 game? Is it a main line? Will I finally have to take some japanese classes to keep up with my favorite franchise?

duckroll

So it seems Tales Studio can't finish the next Team Vesperia game in time for this year, and they opted to do an enhanced port of ToG to PS3 instead? Lolz.

It's interesting seeing Namco finally realizing where the Tales fanbase really is. Two PSP Tales and two PS3 Tales in the upcoming line up says it all.

What? Tales of Graces for the PS3?

They bring Graces to the PS3 in Japan but don't even bring the Wii version over here?

I don't know if I should be excited about this. It's not like we'll get to play these.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wow, Tales of Graces for the PS3.
and another Tales game for the PS3... By Team Symphonia?

Paracelsus

AniHawk said:
Now just for you on the PlayStation 3, some more Tales games the US won't seeeeee!

I guess next Vesperia title will make it over here, but it'll be the only one of the entire bunch.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder what are the chances of Tales of Graces PS3 getting localized.

Espada

Is it bad that the first thing that came mind was "Oh look, more games I'll never get to play" rather than joy about more titles from the Tales series? Namco has dropped the ball lately in bringing these over.

Aeana

More people getting to play Graces is a good thing. It's a really fun game that got passed up by many. :\

Bebpo

Banned
Graces PS3 has been assumed foreeeeeeeever

Just like Team Symphonia's new game being for PS3 as well.

Both are great announcements to finally get out to the public though. I just hope they add a lot of content to Graces PS3 like Vesperia PS3 got. I want a new character, several new dungeons, new story scenes, new abilities, etc... If I get that stuff I'll totally double dip and replay it. Graces is one of the best games I played in the last year.

duckroll

So I guess with the Jump blow out, we can expect the Tales event to be held later this week or this weekend? Or will it be on Monday next week?

I want to be excited. The soul still burns, but it's just embers currently.

Espada said:
Is it bad that the first thing that came mind was "Oh look, more games I'll never get to play" rather than joy about more titles from the Tales series? Namco has dropped the ball lately in bringing these over.
Namco, #1 in crushing dreams. (Careful though, NoA & Square Enix are catching up!)

duckroll said:
A bit lower than Tales of Vesperia PS3 getting localized.

:lol

Still it seem that Namco after so many years now know where the tales fan base is.
I don't think any of them coming over but o well.

duckroll

jj984jj said:

Let's think of it this way. If they don't want to bother releasing a ToV port on PS3 where the majority of the content is already localized and already established itself as a successful Tales game on the 360, why would they bother localizing a ToG port on the PS3 if they decided to pass on the Wii version?

ULTROS!

duckroll said:
Let's think of it this way. If they don't want to bother releasing a ToV port on PS3 where the majority of the content is already localized and already established itself as a successful Tales game on the 360, why would they bother localizing a ToG port on the PS3 if they decided to pass on the Wii version?

Also the same case with Tales of Symphonia. I don't think they'll ever localize the ports.

Also, is this the first non-localized Tales game to get ported?

ram

duckroll said:
It's interesting seeing Namco finally realizing where the Tales fanbase really is. Two PSP Tales and two PS3 Tales in the upcoming line up says it all.

mind-boggling, that took them so long - but yeah - corporate execs doesnt know anything about gaming.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
At least with PS3 games, if they don't localize them you can still import due to region free and use a guide that someone will inevitably make.

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
Also the same case with Tales of Symphonia. I don't think they'll ever localize the ports.

Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth were both unlocalized and ported to PSP.

It seems they've changed Sophie's design a bit for the PS3 version of Graces. (Unless it's just a new title outfit.)

ULTROS! said:
Not if you count ports to handhelds.

Now don't be like that fellas.

There are plenty of other Bandai Namco titles that will get localized that we can't wait to play.

Like ummm... that Enslaved game that will be bigger than Uncharted 2...

And uh... well... I hear Capcom's one remaining decent studio is adding Tekken characters to Street Fighter IV. That's good, right?

And err... more Pac-Man Championship Edition. Yay!

Gravijah

Kagari said:
At least with PS3 games, if they don't localize them you can still import due to region free and use a guide that someone will inevitably make.
sigh

at least in 10-15 years I'll be able to emulate the PS3 and someone will make a fan translation.

ULTROS!

Aeana said:
Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth were both unlocalized and ported to PSP.

Isn't Destiny 2 = Eternia?

Oh, there's also Tales of Phantasia (SNES->PS1)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kagari said:
Playing imports on Wii isnt that difficult though.

Top Bottom