• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Square Enix might localize Final Fantasy Agito

Pooya

fresh trademarks complete with logo!

1osuhl.jpg

This is not FF Type-0 released in 2011 for PSP. This is a new game with somewhat alternate story but in same universe and characters including new ones for iOS/Android and it's free to play. more information here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674921

it looks like this:

0160puz5.jpg

video
https://youtube.com/watch?v=XibctmwA1V0

2San

What was wrong with the previous thread?

clay_ghost said:
The story is that the cycle is repeating so basically the same thing happen again and again , this should be one of the cycle with the same story
So outside of game play , the story should be the same.

Ah ok, hmm this doesn't look good for type-0 proper then. Still somewhat glad that type-0 is coming over in some form, if they do localize agito.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just for curiosity, this is the second thread about this right? What was wrong with the first thread?

Pooya

I like to see how they handle this one with all the decision making aspects etc in the west. Should be interesting. looks quite good and it's free to try anyway and apparently you can get to the end without paying anything, I remain interested still.

Just for curiosity, this is the second thread about this right? What was wrong with the first thread?

the other one got locked for inappropriate replies/mobile whining looks like it.

wrowa

Of course they will, they localize all of their mediocre smartphone RPGs. I can't imagine that suff like Drakerider or Bloodmasque were bought by a lot of people (especially in Drakrider's case, I can't remember that anyone ever talked about the game even at its release), but apparently it's still enough to make the localizations worthwhile to them.

Agito also looks like a serious effort, even though it'll likely be ruined by SE's understanding of free-to-play. Like so many other Japanese companies, they still seem to interpret the concept as "rip off and alienate your users as much as possible", but maybe Agito will be the first step in the right direction. I don't quite believe it, but their's always a first time.

Also, if they ever change their minds and plan to release the PSP version (or a port based on it), I wouldn't be surprised if they would use the Agito label now instead of Type-0. Type-0 is kind of an unfitting name for a Final Fantasy and since SE apparently abandoned plans to make a "Type-X" series, they could see it as a better move to go back to the original Agito title...

Maybe he locked the other one because everyone was discussing that other game that shall not be named.

Given the hostility, I expect this thread to be locked too pretty soon
lol.gif

Metaroo

I don't want to be the one to start the complaining, but I'm really not interested in seeing this come to the US at all. Although, if this coming over increases the chances that we get the real deal, then by all means.

Goli

I like to see how they handle this one with all the decision making aspects etc in the west. Should be interesting. looks quite good and it's free to try anyway and apparently you can get to the end without paying anything, I remain interested still.

If this is anything like Bloodmasque where users of all regions play in the same server, then everyone who plays this should be able to make the decisions during the same period of time when decision time comes, assuming Agito launches worldwide at the same time, which going by previous FF iOS games, should happen.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What was wrong with the previous thread?
Some people might actually be interested in the game, so screaming at Square Enix, how much you hate them, how much this game should totally also be on other platforms, and how it shouldn't be localized at all isn't really a great thread for everyone.

2San

This is the bastardized release of Type-0, correct? Or am I mistaken about what this actually is?
Yep. Here's the first the thread about the Japanese release:

Most important bits are here though:
Okay this isn't a prequel or a sequel to Type-0. It's definitely a reimagining. Another version of the same cycle in Type-0? The main characters from Type-0 are all in the game, along with new characters. The player is a student you can customize.

- There's a job system
- There's a mission system

So far so good?

- The game is divided into story chapters you can replay.
- They plan on releasing a new chapter every 2 weeks.

Still good? Sounds like a real game on mobiles! Whoa!

- Within those 2 weeks, 10 days will be for Solo Play where each player takes on their own missions, while 4 days are for Team Play where players work together to beat bosses.

Sounds like good social fun! What's the catch?!

- The game is Free2Play.
- There will be Energy used up when you do missions, which can be replenished via microtransaction items. You can also pay to continue if you fail a mission, and so on.

I LOVE JAPAN! <3 <3 <3

Edit: Damnit Ryouga I was typing up my masterpiece!!! >_<

because we can do better than having 100% port begging or FUCK U AND DIE posts.

Some people might actually be interested in the game, so screaming at Square Enix, how much you hate them, how much this game should totally also be on other platforms, and how it shouldn't be localized at all isn't really a great thread for everyone.
Ah ok, but this wasn't port begging though. They where complaining because SE brought the wrong game over.

Avallon

It's free 2 play so you won't actually have to "buy" it.
Are you sure it's not one of those the-title-screen-is-free-to-play-but-if-you-want-the-complete-experience-you-buy-the-rest-of-the-game-for-$49.99 things?
God that sounds like shitty F2P...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Just wanna say that the cycles aren't "exactly" the same. I won't say anything more. I might try it out. They'll probably use this to gauge Type 0's actual interest level.

Goli

Are you sure it's not one of those the-title-screen-is-free-to-play-but-if-you-want-the-complete-experience-you-buy-the-rest-of-the-game-for-$49.99 things?
Yes, we already know you'll be able to play through to the end without paying.

Just wanna say that the cycles aren't "exactly" the same. I won't say anything more. I might try it out. They'll probably use this to gauge Type 0's actual interest level.
Really doubt there's any chance of Type-0 coming out of Japan at this point, but I think that if Agito IS localized then it definitely increases the chances of future Type games (should any ever be made) leaving Japan.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It'd be cool if they ported it to something I own. But they probably won't :p. They did port Chaos Rings 3 years later though

Squire

Banned
Yeah, of course.

It's an FF game and it's not on a dead platform, so I assumed it was coming over the minute it was mentioned.

Gamerloid

Thanks for this. I'm interested in this game alright.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Oh someone add that this is a pseudo prequel to Type 0. We might have a lot of "Is this Type 0?" posts if we don't make it clear.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yep. Here's the first the thread about the Japanese release:

Most important bits are here though:

Lol, I love the "dammit Ryouga" bit at the end of that quote.

While there's nothing good to say about this entire mess, I'm genuinely curious to see how it does for Square. If only because maybe - just maybe - it'll give them the numbers they need to stop doing this. But also because they seem to be taking a more sophisticated approach to turning this into a social game than the standard "fuck you, pay me" mechanics of a game like All the Bravest.

So we are openly talking about the cycle now? I guess its hard to interpret what it means without context.....

I am interested in the game if the cycle is another one , i want to know what have changed / is different.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The cycles follow the same general path but can have vast differences as evidenced by the JP only novel(being the previous cycle before Type 0's). Though I suspect that as a iOS title the differences won't change much at all. Which is saddening.

At least in the first cycle so it seems that the Class Zero members barring Ace are now in separate cadet classes.

Spoilers incoming bout the cycles.

Originally these cycles had differences so great that different summons were implemented such as KotR in the novel as opposed to Alexander in the actual game that is Type 0, different individuals were made L'cie, in various cycles although meeting the same endpoint but with the notion that Suzaku, Genbu, Byakko, and Soryu all at one point was able to dominate the continent, and in some cases the cycle ended with the Ultima War where all life was destroyed by actions of destruction. End was always the same, everything that lived was killed. All in an attempt to open the gate to the unseen.

Takao

Banned
This is the most original version of type-0 if i am not wrong (before it turned into a psp game)

The original Agito design had card focused gameplay:

KbsoiEi.jpg

This is some bastardized version of what Agito became when it was renamed to Type-0. Honestly, the original design probably would've worked better on phones than this ...

Why localize this if you need to play Type-0 to understand it? is it really cheap to localize? Does it nor have VA or something?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Why localize this if you need to play Type-0 to understand it? is it really cheap to localize? Does it nor have VA or something?

You probably won't need Type-0 to understand it. The larger picture is not that important to this particle iteration. Probably. Knowing what happens in Type 0 would just strengthen your appreciation (if the story in this turns out to be good) of this game's plot.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's not too confusing for people who haven't played the PSP games.

It probably won't be since if it's actually connected to the plot, it'll be a prequel. It could also just be a reimagining of the game anyway. There's many ways to spin it but the nature of the plot of Type-0 makes it possible to reimagine the world and its story into many other stories.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Somehow I doubt that. They'll use it to gauge putting out even more mobile games.

Paskil

This makes my heart hurt. At this point, I'm hoping SCEE JRPG Twitter campaign yields a discussion about maybe SCE publishing the original as maybe digital only, PSN. Will definitely keep my eyes on this.

Top Bottom