• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to see a list of all the games that have this discount?
Not specifically no, I wonder how hard it would be to script something to detect "Prime Members get 20% off list price" on amazon page listings and input relevant link/item data into a spreadsheet or something.

i-Jest

The E3 stuff came before Prime cutting 20% off all new releases was made standard, but I'm pretty sure the E3 deals required Prime, no?

No. For the last 2 years E3 promotions from Amazon were a separate thing from Prime. Prime discounts came after.

With all the surprises Prime discount has had on E3 discounts, I wonder if we'll see E3 Deals from Amazon this year. I think this Prime strategy of offering 20% off preorders all year round has worked out well for Amazon and makes little to no sense in changing; offering 20% off for preorders one week in June just doesn't make sense anymore. If they do E3 again this year I wouldn't be surprised if we see Non-Prime members get 20% off while Prime members get 30-35% procent off preorders.

Moltenix

I think i've led myself down a slippery slope.

Owned an XB1 for years and had about an equal mix of discs and digital games based on which was the better deal. Thanks to EB and their recent trade promos, I have pretty much purged every single XB1 disc I have. Finally got a PS4 in November and pretty much every game i've gotten for the system is digitally; haven't bought a single PS4 disc yet.

I think you guys know where this is going... I don't think I could ever buy physical games on PS4 now. It just wouldn't feel right. Does this kinda thing bother you guys? Do you just go for whichever is the best deal at the time?

Thanks to those trade promos, I have Persona 5 paid off at EB but i'm really considering cancelling it and grabbing PSN cards to get it digitally instead.

Tik-Tok

Owned an XB1 for years and had about an equal mix of discs and digital games based on which was the better deal. Thanks to EB and their recent trade promos, I have pretty much purged every single XB1 disc I have. Finally got a PS4 in November and pretty much every game i've gotten for the system is digitally; haven't bought a single PS4 disc yet.

I think you guys know where this is going... I don't think I could ever buy physical games on PS4 now. It just wouldn't feel right. Does this kinda thing bother you guys? Do you just go for whichever is the best deal at the time?

Thanks to those trade promos, I have Persona 5 paid off at EB but i'm really considering cancelling it and grabbing PSN cards to get it digitally instead.

The downside of going all digital is the exact reason you outlined here. You won't be able to trade those discs in ever.

I don't think any Canadian reported they received an email about it.

I erroneously made a post some time ago about getting an email. As it turns out, it was for an American account that I had forgotten about (all my mail goes to the same inbox). My Canadian account never got any email regarding taxes, so I think we're good.

Mimosa97

There are games that I intend to keep forever so I don't mind buying them digitally.

If I were you, I would go physical for the games that I just want to beat once and resell and I would go digital for the games I want to keep forever and for the games that are super cheap during psn sales.

TheExodu5

Banned

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I just try to be a bit more selective with my purchases. I made an exception dor FF XII since it was a hell of a deal.

Moltenix

The downside of going all digital is the exact reason you outlined here. You won't be able to trade those discs in ever.

There are games that I intend to keep forever so I don't mind buying them digitally.

If I were you, I would go physical for the games that I just want to beat once and resell and I would go digital for the games I want to keep forever and for the games that are super cheap during psn sales.

Hmm, some good points regarding going digital for games that you'd like to keep long-term and going physical for those "one and done" type games and having the option to trade those in.

I guess i've been going all digital on PS4 so far since that's where most of the deals have been for the older games recently. e.g. Until Dawn is one of those short and sweet games but since I only paid $10, it's not really a big loss that I can't trade it in or anything.

antibolo

Banned

I always buy whatever is cheaper (but prefer digital when price is exactly the same).

Before the Prime 20% discount my PS4 library was almost entirely digital, but now I have a whole bunch of physical games.

I stopped caring about having a mixed library a while ago.

Dazzler

It'll be funny if Amazon ship us all a FFXII steelbook but no game for $30

Kind of like how Best Buy sometimes sell off excess steelbooks without the games

SickBoy

I generally don't buy digital until I can get a game deeply discounted. But I keep a pretty lean collection of discs. Overwatch (which I'd like to get digitally) generally lives in my PS4.... it was replaced recently​ by Horizon for a few weeks, then I traded Horizon when I finished it.

My Xbox is mostly digital. It's kind of my "games as a service box," largely populated with content from GWG and EA Access, with the occasional console exclusive coming on disc.

I like the convenience of digital games, but most of the time I buy a new game, I wind up focusing on that, so I'm not dealing with constant disc swapping... and I much prefer being able to resell stuff.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
EB Games may have gotten more Switch shipments today. Check your local stores.

Windam

Scaley member
Wait, how are people getting FFXII steelbook for $30? My E3 preorder for the normal version is coming in at $55.99. Is the 20% discount getting applied twice for the steelbook?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wait, how are people getting FFXII steelbook for $30? My E3 preorder for the normal version is coming in at $55.99. Is the 20% discount getting applied twice for the steelbook?

Try placing a new order

Ryde3

Hey everyone, question:

Is an Xbox One S really the only option for a 4K UHD Blu Ray player right now? I have an LG B6 I want to watch Planet Earth 2 on but I don't want an Xbox!

Are there any sales on 4K UHD Blu Rays?

My thinking right now is to grab one off kijiji for 220$ (talked him down to that price no controller since I have the Elite controller) and then hope for a good trade in promo when the Scorpio launches?

Or just wait for Scorpio, or just wait for affordable 4K UHD Blu Ray players?

is an Xbox One S really the only option for a 4K UHD Blu Ray player right now? I have an LG B6 I want to watch Planet Earth 2 on but I don't want an Xbox!

Are there any sales on 4K UHD Blu Rays?

It's not the only option but it's the most cost effective one, for sure. Plus if an Xbox exclusive or two ever comes around (or already released) you can play it.

For the 4k blurays, go to a local HMV since they're doing closing sales. I picked up Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Max Max 40% off.

antibolo

Banned
1 2 Switch is still eligible for the Prime discount. Kinda considering it, but does it have any interesting single player content?

1 2 Switch is still eligible for the Prime discount. Kinda considering it, but does it have any interesting single player content?

y44giieos3kor5xjo7t7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom