• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Soulflarz

Banned
/shrug
yes
you occasionally get bad teammates

even pep gets stuck with a blue at times which is a free loss if against even 2 scs cause they're going to outplay that guy too often.

This doesn't mean they're the majority (they aren't, I was midrank forever, lets not forget this) or that the vast majority have 0 interest in winning. Hell you get more points for solo queue, if you're good SQ is objectively the fastest way to rank up.

Erm, basically, if ranks above you consistently beat you still (which they do or you'd be that rank unless it's the end of the all star-sc runs where it all meshes), you can improve and should focus on that instead of focusing on ranking up.
Alternatively have someone carry you to GC and lose every game until mid blues again to prove the point idk

Pepiope

No going for ball when nearest at kick-off, ignoring ball heading to goal because got a boost addition to refill, tackling own teammates when it clear they making a play. Hitting it every direction they can even when clearly a bad idea.

This does not require mind reading, but unless you party with someone you'll never escape because for every win you'll get paired with someone who types"Trade?" while a ball slowly rolls past him into goal.
Ignore it. There's always something you could do to get better. Even if your teammate is making a big mistake, you are definitely making your fair share of them too. Work on your game and you'll see yourself rank up in no time.

Soulflarz

Banned
Thiiis
I didn't go from champ to GC in a 3 weeks of heavily applied play because of points grinding. I did it from constantly analyzing what I did wrong without even so much as looking at my teammates mistakes and then learning how I can improve as a player off those, then using that in my matches.

Basically...yes guys, teammates suck, but just complaining about them is no way to have fun and strongly offsets the blame onto them. It makes it impossible to actively improve in major ways because it's never you who can play better, only them.

An example of this is often people don't space back man correctly in 2s and every time they lose possession it goes all the way towards their corner into an awkward save they didn't rotate to far post. At this point the back man is tilted at the front guy for losing possession (even if the majority of attempts do not result in goals), when in reality he A) should have spaced better for this situation so your team didn't fully lose the ball on one touch by the opponents. B) should have defensively rotated correctly for a proper clear attempt but instead tries for an awful save angle and is mad when he can't save it.

This used to be me. Until a friend came over and corrected it, I never rotated far post at all. I got annoyed that I was put into these situations but never realized they weren't really my teammates fault. I still have so much to learn and I'm pretty excited to learn it going forward with friends! It's just I can't really agree with the mindset of "wow teammates!"

Bollocks

dropped from div5 to div1, should have stopped when the game gave me 2 teammates who own goaled 2x. really, how the fuck do you backflip when the ball is coming towards you from the opponents goal. so you just extend it and lob it into our goal.

I used to love blaming my allies but I've come to learn that even if you can't rely on them, making sure they can rely on you is crucial. If you can adapt to them you'll sooner or later start reaching ranks where you won't see them very often if at all. And don't play solo standard.

Soulflarz

Banned
I used to love blaming my allies but I've come to learn that even if you can't rely on them, making sure they can rely on you is crucial. If you can adapt to them you'll sooner or later start reaching ranks where you won't see them very often if at all. And don't play solo standard.

This. Basically, it ruins the game for yourself, ruins the game for your teammate, and ruins discussion of the game. There's not much to discuss- your teammate clearly fucked up and is why you aren't top 500 in Rocket League/Overwatch/League and are instead in ELO hell. It just ruins discussion for those who want to talk about a game in general, whether that be helping people or strategy or

OR HOLY SHIT THIS FAKE WHAT

valeo

This game is just way funner at high ranks - the intensity is great, reminds me of playing CS back in the day.

However, I just went on the worst streak of all time where I lost maybe 15 games in a row. Now I'm back at a gold stripe rank and playing with guys who obviously haven't played as much (well, duh - and that's fine).

It's frustrating as I just want to get back to that higher rank so I can have the funner games again. It's maddening when you can't rely on your teammate at all.

Of course, not their fault - it's mine for losing so many games - but still a bit annoying.

88random

dropped from div5 to div1, should have stopped when the game gave me 2 teammates who own goaled 2x. really, how the fuck do you backflip when the ball is coming towards you from the opponents goal. so you just extend it and lob it into our goal.

I happens when you want to jump > boost > jump and accidentally don't let the stick back to neutral. They have a good intention, but it looks really amateurish when they make a mistake. Happens to me too sometimes.

Bishop89

so is it normal to lag on a wireless connection (ps4)?

Ive played this game wired for the past 2 years with no lag whatsover, but recently moved house and only have a wifi connection at the moment and its lags / connection errors up the wazoo..

rafaelr

so is it normal to lag on a wireless connection (ps4)?

Ive played this game wired for the past 2 years with no lag whatsover, but recently moved house and only have a wifi connection at the moment and its lags / connection errors up the wazoo..

i have mine connected via lan cable so have not tested/experienced this, but maybe your problems are related to that:
PS4 FW 4.5 WiFi Lag issue

I'm wired and finding the matchmaking servers crapping out a lot lately, to the point I cannot play.

Also seen a lot of players dropping from match, even if winning, was in a 2v2 that suddenly was 1v1 as one from each team dropped at same time.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
I'd be willing to help you guys out and get those wheels if you still haven't made it yet (providing its XB1/PS4 as I cannot set up my PC yet as intended, arrgh).

:)

Just seeing this now. I appreciate the offer, but I'm mostly fine with CE being my ceiling this season. It was my goal to get there after maxing at PE last season, so I'll be making my real push for the blues (or whatever the S4 equivalent is) after Wednesday. What's your rank, btw?

Shantom

Lost 4 of my first 5 matches on Saturday, my first 6 yesterday, and now 6 of my first 7 today. I keep managing to claw the MMR back, at least.

Easter Items dropping 22nd.

Hopping alongside Dropshot and the start of Competitive Season 4 in the March 22 update, Rocket League will be scattering hidden Easter surprises as post-match drops for the first time ever!

Starting with this Wednesday’s update, players will have the chance to celebrate their spring enthusiasm with the Easter Egg Antenna, Easter Basket Topper, and for those jumping with excitement: the Bunny Ears Topper!

These FREE items will be random post-match drops in all online Playlists, and will be available to collect until April 17 at 12:01am UTC. So be sure to get together with some friends, play some Rocket League, and be the first to get the new Easter items! Check out the rest of the Easter items below.

bunny_ears.c6e1dc555a6eff57c623d9877706c9a5.jpg

easter_egg.jpg

easter_basket.jpg

GoaThief

Just seeing this now. I appreciate the offer, but I'm mostly fine with CE being my ceiling this season. It was my goal to get there after maxing at PE last season, so I'll be making my real push for the blues (or whatever the S4 equivalent is) after Wednesday. What's your rank, btw?
Fair enough. :)

I hover around SC/GC but also have other accounts at lower levels to play with friends and the like. Just wanted to ensure fellow gaffers who were on the cusp got their limited time rewards.

I'm desperate to know if there's new BM's. I have the keys for hexed and want it, but I'm seeing the price fall right now as we close in on the new crates. I don't wanna go for Hexed until I know if there's something I'm going to want more. I'm also still really confused how the 'painted car' is going to work. Looking forward to this update badly.

I think there will be. It's a big update and I have read rumblings about BM surprises.

As far as the painted car it's the trim that could come painted.
Orange
Painted-Boosts-Image-02.png

Purple
Painted-Boosts-Image-03.png

Sky Blue perhaps?
Painted-Boosts-Image-01.png

That boost( Tachyon) can also come painted. I want to see it in game. I'd like the option of more black and white boosts.

Also as a side commentary. can you guys please stop using that hideous bronze color for everything on imports. It's on the back of the Dom GT, X-Devil, Rims of the Twin Pillar and now on the booster of this awesome looking new car. I can't stand the mustard color and it clashes with everything and cannot be changed. can we stick with like silver please? Thanks.

I think there will be. It's a big update and I have read rumblings about BM surprises.

That boost( Tachyon) can also come painted. I want to see it in game. I'd like the option of more black and white boosts.

Also as a side commentary. can you guys please stop using that hideous bronze color for everything on imports. It's on the back of the Dom GT, X-Devil, Rims of the Twin Pillar and now on the booster of this awesome looking new car. I can't stand the mustard color and it clashes with everything and cannot be changed. can we stick with like silver please? Thanks.

Ah, I can kind of see that being a pain. I could see black or white being popular but otherwise it's going to be a hassle for loadouts, or it will for me at least anyway since my teams never share a color other than black or white.

Looking forward to having painted boosts too but I hope they don't get too pricey. Can't see myself paying more than a few keys for a boost. That boost isn't really grabbing me though, looks a lot like Ion. I'd probably put keys on painted Dark Matter though. Hopefully they revisit the old items with it at some point. Oh and FWIW the bronze annoys the crap out of me too. That and the red on the Octane ZSR.

I don't get how that's any different from the current paint options we have. Looking at those images, that car has 2 colors, just like every other car/skin in the game (minus some special ones like Distortion).

Looking forward to having painted boosts too but I hope they don't get too pricey. Can't see myself paying more than a few keys for a boost. That boost isn't really grabbing me though, looks a lot like Ion. I'd probably put keys on painted Dark Matter though. Hopefully they revisit the old items with it at some point. Oh and FWIW the bronze annoys the crap out of me too. That and the red on the Octane ZSR.

Yeah Ion is my favorite boost but I've been using prospect season 2 boost cause it goes perfectly with my zombas so this may make me change it finally.

I don't get how that's any different from the current paint options we have. Looking at those images, that car has 2 colors, just like every other car/skin in the game (minus some special ones like Distortion).

This is before a decal is placed. Once you place a decal you will have the painted trim plus the primary color and the secondary color chosen for the decal and if they add painted decals for this car you can now have a car with upto 4 different paint colors.

here is my car with a white painted decal and black secondary color.

ErichWK

I like the Bronze. :(

Probably ~24 hours until the patch drops.

I'm on fire these last two days. I'll go into Season 4 with a power level over 9000! I'm ready! Give it to me!

-----

:(

I really wish they'd drop these updates earlier. It's going to be the evening for most of the EU when it drops and for AUS it's going to be Thursday.

Timezones suck.

Yup, can understand why they go that route though since it gives them a day to crunch on any bugs and monitor the servers. Having said that, looking at Reddit it seems major updates actually tend to go out between 10-11 GMT, so maybe we'll get lucky.

I know this probably just sounds like me whining and it may well be, but I really wish in instances like this they would just say releasing 23rd March. since technically it will be in a large number of time zones anyway. It's always bugged when Elite: Dangerous does the same thing and release at 11pm GMT despite being UK based. I think it's likely due to getting excited when I hear the date but totally forgetting I technically need to add an extra day on.

Ooooh hexed is down to 25 keys now! Temtping, but it's only going to keep falling I guess.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dearest Psyonix,

When will I get a mode that is this? EG: No rockets, no jumps, no ball being a volleyball.

So over the airs.

It might. depending on if there is a new BM decal or not and how nice it is. I too am looking at a lowpriced hex but I am gonna wait and see what happens.

Yeah that was my concern. We might get new BM's nobody likes, but if that is the case hopefully Hexed will still be around the same price at the least. I had the 30 ready for it but I won't complain with having change. The price drop off has been real fast the last few days though. It was 28 just 3 or so days back.

Yeah that was my concern. We might get new BM's nobody likes, but if that is the case hopefully Hexed will still be around the same price at the least. I had the 30 ready for it but I won't complain with having change. The price drop off has been real fast the last few days though. It was 28 just 3 or so days back.

It takes a few days before prices will climb even if it's butt ugly. Biomass was at 30 for quite sometime and drove the price down on heatwave. Now you can buy two for the price of one heatwave.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm kinda glad I traded my Biomass for grey zombas after seeing the decal price drops. I didn't really like Biomass anyway.

Got promoted to All-Star in Doubles for the very first time. Feels good, especially considering I have 0 aerial skills. I don't fly around at all.

Not touching the game until the update hits, don't want to take the risk to go down.

i just started this game, and i'm finding the core gameplay harder than i expected. i'm having a really hard time gauging balls in the air and making contact at all. what camera view do most people use? should i be switching back and forth?

Reddit
Hi everyone! This is what the Competitive Season transition is going to look like tomorrow:
2:30pm PDT (5:30pm EDT/9:30pm UTC/10:30pm CET): Competitive Season 3 ends.
3:00pm PDT (6:00pm EDT/10:00pm UTC/11:00pm CET): Competitive Season 4 begins rolling out to players, as do Season 3 reward items. (Along with the rest of the update.)
Between 2:30pm-3:00pm: Competitive Playlists will not be available.

Two important notes:
Please note that the start of Season 4 and the Season 3 rewards will be a roll-out, meaning it won't be instant for every single player. You might get your rewards a few minutes before or after your friend or teammate. It's going to be okay.
If you start a Competitive Match shortly before 2:30pm, we will do our best to let you finish your match. Also, in some cases matches started within a few minutes of 2:30pm may not be counted towards your Season 3 statistics or MMR.

i just started this game, and i'm finding the core gameplay harder than i expected. i'm having a really hard time gauging balls in the air and making contact at all. what camera view do most people use? should i be switching back and forth?

You want to be using ballcam 90% of the time. The only times most people take it off is during dribbling (to prevent camera from turning around if ball is near back of your car) or when they want to focus on something besides the ball like grabbing a corner boost when your back is turned to the action.

Do all the basic training exercises until you can get 70% consistently on all-star levels and just keep playing the game. You are gonna struggle for a little but timing and reads will all improve if you keep at it... good luck!

Top Bottom