• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 13-19 | Throwing coins

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iUMef5zCoFfui.png

Week of May 13th to the 19th, 2013.

Fighting Games Weekly is the weekly discussion thread for all things fighting games. News, events, streams, videos, players, drama, everything fighting game related.

New to FGC-GAF is the FGC-GAF Index which lists the fighting games GAFers plays as a neat reference with some rough statistics to boot. To add yourself to the index, quote this post and use the survey link below. Please remember to save/bookmark the "Edit your response" link so you can edit your responses if/when you buy a game already on the list or a new game that releases in the future.

Last week's thread.​

i21eNNLQhmgu.png

CafeID 5v5 Tekken Tournament [ Friday ] [ 4PM KST | 3AM EDT | 12AM PDT ]
  • CafeID's Tekken monthly returns, once again bringing together some of the best Tekken players in the world.
Kuwait Battle Royale Spring Edition [ Friday ] [ 4PM AST | 9AM EDT | 6AM PDT ]
Arc Revolution Cup Last Chance Qualifier [ Thread ] [ Saturday ] [ 12:30 JST | 11:30PM EDT (Friday) | 8:30PM PDT (Friday) ]
Arc Revolution Cup ArcFes [ Thread ] [ Sunday ] [ 1PM JST | 12AM EDT | 9PM PDT (Saturday) ]
East Coast Throwdown V [ Thread ] [ Saturday ] [ 12PM EDT | 9AM PDT ]
SoCal ST Games Qualifier Tournaments [ Sunday ] [ 5PM EDT | 2PM PDT ]

ibpy4DqFeoXEW4.png

UltraChenTV: First Attack & Lv3 Focus [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
Ultimate Fight Night [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • Bi-weekly featuring around 5 exhibition matches in AE, with a main event usually featuring top players.

ibecfEgd0VLJO7.png

Kachitagari TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Bon-chan, Kazunoko and Fuudo's new show, focusing primarily on SSFIV AE ranked matches but is branching off into other games as well.
WinnerStaysOn (UK) [ 7PM BST | 2PM EDT | 11AM PDT ]
  • SSFIV AE and UMvC3 out of the UK, alternating between them every week. [ON HIATUS]
Iron Fist League [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • TS Sabin a.k.a. Arturo Sanchez and Anakin host an online TTT2 league featuring hand-picked participants. It is in a round robin format and prizes include entry and venue fee coverage for the upcoming Final Round. [ON HIATUS]
The Break Weekly [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • New Jersey's largest weekly featuring SSFIV AE and UMvC3.
WakeUp SRK Live [ 9:30PM EDT | 6:30 PDT ]
  • Keits and skisonic host the weekly official podcast of Shoryuken.com
The On Blast Show [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • JamessMK & DarKNaTaS host a raw and uncut weekly talk show discussing events in the FGC with various FGC personalities.
UltraChenTV: The Tuesday Show [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
When's Marvel Weekly [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • FChamp and the FGTV Live crew host weekly Marvel sessions and hijinks. [ON HIATUS]
Cross Counter LIVE [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]
  • Cross Counter LIVE returns with the help of VxG. Cross Counter LIVE is a weekly talk show hosted by Gootecks and Mike Ross, who discuss hot button topics in the fighting game community.
The Show That Sucks [ 1AM EDT (following day) | 10PM PDT ]
  • iPlaywinner hosts a weekly talk show featuring alpha stream monsters Harrison and Honzo Gonzo.

iPyLZQFf7lWbd.png

Game Spot Versus KoF Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • KoF 1998UM, KoF 2002UM and KoF XIII C action from Japan.
TOPANGA TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Description needed.
Next Level Battle Circuit [ 8PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • NYC's biggest weekly at The Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn featuring SSFIV AE, UMvC3 and TTT2. If the Teamsp00ky link is not working, it is likely on the backup stream on Bifuteki's channel.
Melee It On Me [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Smash podcast discussing recent events, news and issues in the Smash community, hosted by Scar, Prog, Cactuar and Sheridan.
Wednesday Night Fights [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]
Starbase Arcade [ 12AM EDT | 9PM PDT ]
  • NorCal weekly featuring SSFIV AE and UMvC3. [ON HIATUS]

iVzRxuKRiBFVb.png

Game Spot Versus SFIII:3S Casuals + East-West Battle (JP) [ 8:20PM JST | 7:20AM EDT | 4:20AM PDT ]
  • 3rd Strike action from Japan.
The Breakdown with DJ Huoshen and Unkn0wn [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Description needed.
Thursday Night Vampire Savior Ranbats [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Arcade Legacy VS streams out of Cincinnati, Ohio, with varying formats every week.
Valley Stream Monsters Thursday Night Casuals [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • MK9. Description needed.
Stream Monster Online Tournament [ 8:30 EDT | 5:30 PDT ]
  • Weekly 16-player UMvC3 online tournament run by FGTV and sponsored by eightarc.
FNC The Arena [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • UMvC3 weekly out of Long Island, New York, which sometimes features other games.
Salty Cupcakes [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
The Fray [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • A weekly FGC talk show hosted by iPlaywinner, featuring a varying, ensemble cast of prominent members of the fighting game community.
ATP LIVE! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Aris' new weekly show, discussing whatever he wants to! The format resembles old ATP podcasts.
The Runback Season 4 [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ]
Thursday Night Throwdown [ 12AM EDT | 9PM PDT ]
  • Description needed.

iboMhZ3uYuJ9BO.png

Game Spot Versus Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • Streaming the newest version of Extreme Vs.
KaoTV! (JP) [ 11PM JST | 10AM EDT | 7AM PDT ]
Rokrew Arena [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Biweekly stream out of New Jersey featuring P4:A and Guilty Gear/Aquapazza alternating.
Fraud-Free Fridays [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • Weekly tournament run at the FGTV house. Don't forget about the second FGTV stream as well which compliments the main one. [ON HIATUS]
No Mercy Fridays [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • Norcal weekly featuring VF5:FS, SCV and TTT2 continues at it's new location, Starbase Arcade.
Electric Wind God Fridays [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • TTT2 weeklies hosted by Aris out of Super Arcade in Walnut, California.

iPFL8tsIxU1un.png

Game Spot Versus SSFIIX Casuals & 3on3 Tournament (JP) [ 8:20PM JST | 7:20AM EDT | 4:20AM PDT ]
  • Super Turbo action from Japan.
Saturday Night Snapback [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • NorCal weekly featuring SFxTK, SSFIV AE and UMvC3 continues at it's new location, Starbase Arcade.

ibnaQzvIvdHU3z.png

Game Spot Versus CvS2 Casuals & 3on3 Tournament (JP) [ 1PM JST | 12AM EDT | 9PM PDT (previous day) ]
  • CvS2 action from Japan.
Real Honest Sundays [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • NorCal weekly featuring CvS2 and KoF XIII C continues at it's new location, Starbase Arcade.
GGPO VanBats [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • Weekly GGPO Vampire Savior ranbats streamed by GAFer Rotanibor.

iHQzZ24kcsQiA.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too:
Additionally, if you want to really get involved, you may want to check out the various OTs for specific games:
GAF isn't the only FG community in town though. Here are a whole bunch of other FG communities across the internet that may be of interest:
  • 8WayRun - Soul Calibur franchise community
  • DOACentral - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Dream Cancel - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more US-centric
  • Dustloop - Forums/community for Arc System Works-developed games
  • Eventhubs - Frequently updated news blog, resource and forums for all things fighting games
  • FGCPros hub on Twitch.tv - A collective group of fighting game streamers on Twitch.tv
  • FreeStepDodge - Dead or Alive franchise community
  • Homing Cancel - Arcana Heart community
  • iPlaywinner - Large fighting game news site and resource, and the home to Teamsp00ky and iPlaywinner
  • Jet Upper - UK-centric news source and community
  • Mayonaka Midnight - Persona 4 Arena community and resource
  • Melty Bread - Melty Blood community
  • Mizuumi - A resource for various "poverty" games
  • Orochinagi - King of Fighters franchise community and resource, more EU-centric
  • Reddit Fighters - Reddit's own fighting game community subreddit
  • Shoryuken - Mainly 2D, Capcom game centric hub, and probably one of, if not the largest FG community on the internet
  • TekkenZaibatsu - Tekken franchise community
  • Test Your Might - Mortal Kombat and Injustice community and resource
  • UKFGC - UK-centric news source and community
  • Smash Boards - The largest Smash Bros. Community™
  • VFDC - Virtua Fighter franchise community site

- - -

If you have any suggestions for the OP, please do not hesitate to post in this thread or PM me to let me know.

Anth0ny

Seriously

What's the story behind that avatar?

I think all the xbox fanboys are getting hype for their xbox conference coming later this month. it's an avatar thing similar to all the sony fanboys kaz hirai-ing their avatars (and nintendo fanboys reggie/iwataing) before the ps4 conference.

hate to break it to you, but the majority of that thing is going to be kinect focused :3

Busaiku

Enzo, Arc Revolution Cup is also this weekend.
I copied the details from Dustloop and posted them in last week's thread.

Again, here's the stream info...
From Dustloop, information on the schedule and the streams.

Kurushii said:
Last Chance Qualifier
Time: 5/18(Saturday) 12:30~18:00(JP) [Fri 11:30pm - 7:00am EST]
Stream: http://ja.twitch.tv/godsgarden

ArcFes
Time: 5/19(Sunday) 13:00~18:00(JP) [Sun 12:00am - 5:00am EST]
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/arcfes_official001

Schedule (In Jp time)
Start time | Stage program
11:00 | Doors Open
12:00 | Opening
12:10 | National Finals brackets start for "BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA", "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R", and "Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena"
13:40 | ARC SYSTEM WORKS MUSIC LIVE
14:30 | Break (25 minutes)
14:55 | National Finals "Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena " the quarter-finals to final
15:50 | National Finals "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R" the quarter-finals to final
16:45 | National Finals "BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA" the quarter-finals to final
17:40 | National Finals and Awards ceremony
18:00 | Break (30 minutes)
18:30 | Web radio public recording "Buri Raji H (Hyper)! Special public recording!!
20:00 | Ending

I'll probably make a separate thread for it if no one better's up to it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who else would the mods let money hat them, it's not like anyone else (lol last week, Panda) would be allowed to make the thread.
Hush, minion. There is no FGC-GAF Illuminati. Go about your day, peasants.

I think all the xbox fanboys are getting hype for their xbox conference coming later this month. it's an avatar thing similar to all the sony fanboys kaz hirai-ing their avatars (and nintendo fanboys reggie/iwataing) before the ps4 conference.

hate to break it to you, but the majority of that thing is going to be kinect focused :3
Pretty much what this man said.

EXCEPT YOU FORGOT THE POSSIBILITY OF PGR MOTHERFUCKING 5

pgr43dark8dxu.gif

^ that is from a 6 year old game, goddamn. Bizarre were gods.

why is everyone not hype for this, I don't know. At least SolarPowered knows whats up *daps*

Enzo, Arc Revolution Cup is also this weekend.
I copied the details from Dustloop and posted them in last week's thread.

Again, here's the stream info...
From Dustloop, information on the schedule and the streams.

I'll probably make a separate thread for it if no one better's up to it.
Thanks, will add to OP now. Just PM me or post the link to the thread in this one when/if someone makes it so I know.

FlyFaster

OH HELL YA! THROW DEM COINS!

women-throwing-coins-nuns-face-13506652863.gif

edit:

like this one too

tumblr_lltjxpSNeG1qzg12no1_500.gif

May KaneBlueRiver be forever remembered for this

EDIT#2:

if someone with skills can edit marvel into one of those gifs somehow that would be god like. When the nun turns around or something. lol.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
EXCEPT YOU FORGOT THE POSSIBILITY OF PGR MOTHERFUCKING 5

http://h3.abload.de/img/pgr43dark8dxu.gif[IMG]

^ that is from a 6 year old game, goddamn. Bizarre were gods.

why is everyone not hype for this, I don't know. At least SolarPowered knows whats up *daps*
[/QUOTE]

The only racing game I like is Mario Kart

^ that is from a 5 year old game, goddamn. Bizarre were gods.

Racing simulators are so boring, I don't get how anyone gives a crap about them. "OMG it almost looks real!" Well, let me walk outside and show you a car - it looks pretty real, too! I play games for one reason: to do things I cannot do in real life. I can drive a car already. I cannot summon meteors from the sky, hunt dragons, or turn my hair into a demonic spider that eats an angel. I appreciate those fantasy experiences. Turning on my TV to throw a virtual football, drive a virtual car, or date a virtual girlfriend simply does not make sense to me. I can walk outside and do all of those things, and they're a better experience than how they are on my TV. If you're going to race cars, at least make it shoot something
like a turtle shell

The Light

[Turns tassel to the other side] I finally graduated to member!! Thank you fighting games weekly for bringing me to this point. All that hard work posting has finally paid off.

kirblar

OK, so what is with this coins business? I feel really out of the loop. =/
KaneBlueRiver's brilliant description of brainless mixup pressure: when players "throw coins" at their opponent hoping they'll win the flip rather than thinking out a real gameplan.

If you search last week's thread, it'll be in there.

FlyFaster

Here's a few more Coin gifs just in case someone wants to mess with them

day29_210.gif

YES, THE BEST ONE! lol sorry, but it was pretty hard (for me) to find and couldn't find better quality.

moonwalker__smooth_criminal_coin_toss_by_eloozhunz-d59kkbj.gif

ok, I give up, was trying to find another gif, you guys know how in the Resident Evil movies Mila Jovovitch loads her shotgun with quarters? lol, wanted to find a gif of her shooting a bunch of coins lololol.

I'll come back to edit if I find one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Racing simulators are so boring, I don't get how anyone gives a crap about them. "OMG it almost looks real!" Well, let me walk outside and show you a car - it looks pretty real, too! I play games for one reason: to do things I cannot do in real life. I can drive a car already. I cannot summon meteors from the sky, hunt dragons, or turn my hair into a demonic spider that eats an angel. I appreciate those fantasy experiences. Turning on my TV to throw a virtual football, drive a virtual car, or date a virtual girlfriend simply does not make sense to me. I can walk outside and do all of those things, and they're a better experience than how they are on my TV. If you're going to race cars, at least make it shoot something
like a turtle shell
But it's not a racing simulator!

It's a pretty much perfect blend of arcadey and simulation handling with an emphasis on style. But it definitely isn't a sim, far from it. You gain points (kudos, hallmark of the series) for drifting, hitting apexes and doing various kinds of racing feats, and a lot of the modes are centred around that stuff, like you have to be earning Kudos to stop the clock and have enough time to make it to the next checkpoint, stringing combos across cone gates, etc.

On top of that, PGR is about city racing, not track racing. A lot of labour goes into recreating various well known and less well known cities across the world that are fun to race in, hence the emphasis on graphics and the great use of colour which sims don't seem to be fond of either. I can close my eyes right now and see myself jumping through the tunnels in St. Basils Circle in Moscow and drifting around the Kremlin (the box art in my avatar is from PGR2). PGR doesn't focus on sim-like car selection either, they choose a lot of funky stuff to keep car lists eclectic like the GMC Syclone, DeLoreans, Renault Spider, Morgan Aero 8, Ford Indigo, Cadillac Sixteen, Nobles, etc. Back when XBL was a new thing, the community created Cat and Mouse mode themselves, where each team has a Cat (supercar) and a mouse (Mini Cooper) and which ever team's Mouse crosses the line first wins, meaning the cats had to push either their mouse or work on stopping the other Mouse. Bonus sexy Enzo picture because of long tangent:

BrZsz.jpg

/playPGRitsagoodgame

Gonna be honest I thought the av was from Midtown Madness
If MS announces Midtown Madness 4 on the 21st, OMG

I hope they bring the shopping cart back.

This needs to be posted any time PR Balrog hits ChrisG with Berserker Slash.

But it's not a racing simulator!

It's a pretty much perfect blend of arcadey and simulation handling with an emphasis on style. But it definitely isn't a sim, far from it. You gain points (kudos, hallmark of the series) for drifting, hitting apexes and doing various kinds of racing feats, and a lot of the modes are centred around that stuff, like you have to be earning Kudos to stop the clock and have enough time to make it to the next checkpoint, stringing combos across cone gates, etc.

On top of that, PGR is about city racing, not track racing. A lot of labour goes into recreating various well known and less well known cities across the world that are fun to race in, hence the emphasis on graphics and the great use of colour which sims don't seem to be fond of either. I can close my eyes right now and see myself jumping through the tunnels in St. Basils Circle in Moscow and drifting around the Kremlin (the box art in my avatar is from PGR2). PGR doesn't focus on sim-like car selection either, they choose a lot of funky stuff to keep car lists eclectic like the GMC Syclone, DeLoreans, Renault Spider, Morgan Aero 8, Ford Indigo, Cadillac Sixteen, Nobles, etc. Back when XBL was a new thing, the community created Cat and Mouse mode themselves, where each team has a Cat (supercar) and a mouse (Mini Cooper) and which ever team's Mouse crosses the line first wins, meaning the cats had to push either their mouse or work on stopping the other Mouse. Bonus sexy Enzo picture because of long tangent
If you were anyone else, Enzo, I would just respond to this with "LOL". But I will do a little more for you.

I don't care where you're driving, it's still a racing game. If the goal is to get in 1st place, it's a racing game. Whether it's a "simulator" seems clear to me. Your goal is to drive under semi-realistic driving conditions to win a race. That's a racing simulator. You are firing rockets or opening jet wings to trick out, you're just driving forward and turning. It doesn't matter if there are timed checkpoints, it's still a racing simulator. Points change nothing!

/playPGRitsagoodgame
It's just slightly more of a game than Heavy Rain. Slightly.

sephi22

Can't wait for the Xbox conference to underwhelm. #TeamAlwaysOn

I should kazify my kappa avatar. Kazpa? Kapza?

What is "Throwing coins" referring?
1. KaneBlueRiver said that the reason why a lot of Marvel players struggle against Chris G is because when the randomness is taken out and their plan doesn't work, they don't know what to do. Their gameplan involves throwing coins at the opponent and hoping the opponent guesses wrong.

2. Injustice got into Evo by WB throwing coins at Mr. Wizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRxJV8zHrVk

Also, I typed this argument for why Phoenix is not worth picking in this meta on GFAQs, and I want to share it with all of you:

The TAC trick made me drop her.

It's like this:
-Spend the whole game without using meter.
-Spend the whole game with one assist you can't call in the neutral.
-Have a character everyone wants to snap in and kill in a few hits.
-Your opponent gets a free 2 bars of meter through down TACs whenever you get hit.
-Oh yeah, and have a 1/2 chance of getting to use Dark Phoenix when you pull all this off.

It's just bull****. And that's not even considering that Dark Phoenix's 3 worst matchups are all extremely popular right now (Morrigan, Vergil, and Strider), that most people have Dark Phoenix negation tech, or that she can get randomed out easily thanks to her new lowered health. I could handle ALL of this if not for the last bullet point. That's just too much, I can't handle suffering through all of that for a 50% chance at getting to use the character I worked for.

Why not just pick Vergil? He's Dark Phoenix except he has no bad matchups and you only have to deal with one of those bullet points: snapbacks. That sounds so much better to me. Dark Phoenix is a redundant character in this metagame.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you were anyone else, Enzo, I would just respond to this with "LOL". But I will do a little more for you.

I don't care where you're driving, it's still a racing game. If the goal is to get in 1st place, it's a racing game. Whether it's a "simulator" seems clear to me. Your goal is to drive under semi-realistic driving conditions to win a race. That's a racing simulator. You are firing rockets or opening jet wings to trick out, you're just driving forward and turning. It doesn't matter if there are timed checkpoints, it's still a racing simulator. Points change nothing!

It's just slightly more of a game than Heavy Rain. Slightly.
You seem to be broad stroking pretty much the entire genre under "you have a car and your goal is to win.". Plus, I don't know about you but I can't go outside right now and drive supercars right now in exotic cities of my choosing. Not an experience I can go outside and do. In fact, I can't think of many games that provide experiences accessible to everyone, unless you really dumb down or be reductionist enough to cast something off based on a single element of it's game design, like having cars and a need to win.

I'm going to file this under Karst doesn't like racing games.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Whether it's a "simulator" seems clear to me. Your goal is to drive under semi-realistic driving conditions to win a race. That's a racing simulator.
There's a significant gap between "Sim" and "Arcade," which is how these things generally get categorized. A game can have plain-jane "semi-realistic driving conditions" and not be a Sim.

Good breakdown. I'll notify the 2 guys who still play her.
Let FChamp know, please.

You seem to be broad stroking pretty much the entire genre under "you have a car and your goal is to win.". Plus, I don't know about you but I can't go outside right now and drive supercars right now in exotic cities of my choosing. Not an experience I can go outside and do. In fact, I can't think of many games that provide experiences accessible to everyone, unless you really dumb down or be reductionist enough to cast something off based on a single element of it's game design, like having cars and a need to win.
I don't see the appeal of driving in a foreign city. Like, I drove in Israel IRL - who gives a fuck? If someone told me "Pay me $10, and I will let you drive in a virtual Germany", I would say: "Who gives a fuck?" And the "supercar" is all graphics. They could give you the exact same experience driving a Volkswagon Jetta (my car). It's nice to have aesthetics, but that's the whole of the game. Pretty cars driving forward and maybe slightly left or right.

This isn't a new kind of experience, it's just an elevation of a normal experience. It would be like if you said this to defend football games: "Yeah, I can go outside and play football, but I can't go outside and play as the Green Bay Packers!" That is a ridiculous argument. It's nothing like Monster Hunter, which has no relation in any way to anything you could do in this lifetime, or Bayonetta, or Marvel. It's not just an aesthetic change, it's a particular kind of experience only offerable in virtual life.

Plus, driving cars in virtual worlds is always inferior to driving a real one. If I drive a car in a game world, it is very boring. The picture moves, and I go left/right. If I get in my car, I get actual experiences of wind pressure, turbulence, almost crashing into other drivers, acceleration, etc. The lack of stimulus that the game provides in all of these areas cannot possibly cover the gimmick of driving through a fantastic virtual city in a car that is prettier than the one you own. It is much more fun to go 80-100 mph on an empty road in real life than to do anything in a racing simulator.

There's a significant gap between "Sim" and "Arcade," which is how these things generally get categorized. A game can have plain-jane "semi-realistic driving conditions" and not be a Sim.
I don't consider "arcade" to be a genre.

Top Bottom