• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Force breaks embargo, leaks new ARMS characters

Nintendo's trying to slow down fighting games so everyone can enjoy the tension of a fight without having to pull off frame perfect moves.

It's a valuable approach and could open up the genre for a lot of people.
i think smash bros does a better job of that.

Neiteio

Nintendo's trying to slow down fighting games so everyone can enjoy the tension of a fight without having to pull off frame perfect moves.

It's a valuable approach and could open up the genre for a lot of people.
ARMS is about picking your shots. If you miscalculate where your foe will move, you'll be left vulnerable, reeling in your arm while your foe punishes you.

Hasty players will get rekt.

TheSun

Wonder how much Twintelle weighs.

From the tiny leaks yonks ago I predicted robot bobby to be underwhelming, glad it turned out cool.

Lovin' the designs.

Zyrox

Well someone's done goofed. "Switchforce out!" indeed...probably a little longer than expected though.

Anyway really like Byte & Barq and Twintelle. Nintendo character design top notch.

oti

Banned
i think smash bros does a better job of that.

Smash is so different though. Smash is its own kind of fighting game. To me ARMS is about delivering clutch gameplay while slowing down the action with the flying arms. There's a lot of space between you and the opponent and it takes time for attacks to land. That means you have to calculate your moves and it's not as hectic.

She's designed with a dancer in mind.

I'm sure you'll see worse (and fanart!) as time goes on. People usually think dancing is sexy.

If there's one thing I've learned since Overwatch has come out, it's that apparently there's some part of the video game audience that is unable to look at a video game character without thinking about fucking them.

I love the characters design but the more the game get gloser to be released, the more I fear for it. Hope it's not the kind of game that would be fun for like a few hours and dropped immediately.

If there's one thing I've learned since Overwatch has come out, it's that apparently there's some part of the video game audience that is unable to look at a video game character without thinking about fucking them.

Technically Nintendo started it with Fire Emblem: Awakening.
I swear this happens every time a new female character is shown in any game.
Only successful games have people swooning over it's female characters.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Yeah, just placed my preorder, can't pretend to ignore this game anymore, looks like Overwatch with punches. And i dont even like fighters much

Phu

Banned

I feel like there's a disconnect with people here, like there's two wildly different definitions getting applied to a single thing.

Right? Like, can't yall think someone is cute without being a fucking creep about it? I hope yall don't treat real women like that, lol.

Like I find her hot too but I manage to not be a weirdo about it, it's really not that hard. It was pretty bad with Minmin already. I'm really interested in this game and its potential community but it seems like the OMFG WAIFU comments are gonna be unavoidable if I wanna seek discussion about the game, which sucks.

Wish there was a dude that showed skin so I could get excited about that.

Also this, it's extremely onesided. More hot male characters too please :(

skypunch

Banned
Right? Like, can't yall think someone is cute without being a fucking creep about it? I hope yall don't treat real women like that, lol.

Relax. It's just a video game character. Nobody is hurting anyone. You don't think the designers didn't create her with the idea that people will find her sexy?

Neiteio

Yeah, just placed my preorder, can't pretend to ignore this game anymore, looks like Overwatch with punches. And i dont even like fighters much
Feels more like Virtua On to me, which is awesome. They may be attached to you, but the gloves function more like remote-controlled missiles than actual arms. More about ranged combat.

I feel like there's a disconnect with people here, like there's two wildly different definitions getting applied to a single thing.

Not sure what you mean. I'm talking about the inevitable fan art thread that will need to include a "Keep it safe for work!" tag in the title for this very reason.

ckaneo

Make a thread after you've played the game imo.

If a demo drops, I'll get it. But 60$ on a game I dont think looks fun isnt really a smart investment.

I want the switch to be sucessful s by all means enjoy. I just dont think the arms length and speed makes for fun matches

Ashodin

yo. Like Overwatch set the standard for success. you need marketable characters. Here's a character list for success

• Strong female type
  • Sexy female type
  • Stern, motherly type
  • Kid like female type
  • Strong male type
  • Lithe male, beautiful
  • Ninja male
  • Ninja Female
  • Wrestler, male
  • Wrestler, female
  • Superhero, male or female
  • Ninja rival, male or female

I could go on.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Feels more like Virtua On to me, which is awesome. They may be attached to you, but the gloves function more like remote-controlled missiles than actual arms. More about ranged combat.

Never had a Saturn so I couldn't possibly comment but yeah that's the impression it gives, gameplay wise. Game's gonna be strategic as hell played at upper tiers, which sounds great

Or a Gundam VS match with all Zeongs!

ikessaQ.gif

Razmos

I think the anti-waifu brigade in this thread is more annoying than the actual waifu posts. Jeez, theres been nothing particularly lewd posted.

Top Bottom