• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's unannanounced games, game sales predictions, and game dev plans revealed

Quentyn

They also have sales predictions in the bankruptcy filing.

thqpredictions6bu8g.jpg

Note: The document confirms Atlas is from Relic, and is presumably their f2p MOBA game.

there is another game. Crawler (working title) by Vigil in the document.

edit:

captureq5jkp.jpg

Development budget
budgetx8jnc.jpg

Financial projections
projectionsdqugm.png

Projected balance sheet
balancec2u5f.png

Source: http://www.kccllc.net/documents/8826100/8826100121219000000000002.pdf

Kifimbo

So, Atlas is probably a PC-game only, or a niche game. A new Homeworld sounds likely.

Edit: or not, according to Nirolak.

AHA-Lambda

Any figures for theses budgets?

Also is Homefront 2 at 4m really that ridiculous? Didn't the first ship about that much?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Homefront 2 at 4m is ridiculous.

Saints Row 4 to release in Q1 2014?

Fiscal year ending Q1 2014 means it could be finished and out for the holidays, especially since less of its budget is there than Homefront 2, implying it's in development for less months in that fiscal year.

marrec

Banned
Fiscal year ending Q1 2014 means it could be finished and out for the holidays, especially since less of its budget is there than Homefront 2, implying it's in development for less months in that fiscal year.

So then can we assume that it'll be one of those hybrid releases? On both current and next gen hardware?

Edit:

Assuming there is at least one console release during the holidays.

Saty

So Darksiders 2 was expected to sell 2.4 M copies; made $78.2M in revenue and up to now it has lost THQ $500K?

It's just so amazing how a game can sell 2 million today and not at least break even. I'm sad about the impending death of THQ not just for the games, but for the symbolic crushing defeat of the middle game.

ReaperXL7

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought thq was working on a warhammer mmo that they then decided to transform into a single player game?

I guess maybe with their current issues they had to drop it, shame though as a warhammer rpg could be pretty awesome.

Biggzy

It's just so amazing how a game can sell 2 million today and not at least break even. I'm sad about the impending death of THQ not just for the games, but for the symbolic crushing defeat of the middle game.

The problem is that the game had to get discounted an awful lot in order for it to set 2.4 million copies.

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought thq was working on a warhammer mmo that they then decided to transform into a single player game?

Dark Millenium, yeah. Definitely dead at this point, which is a shame considering it could have been the successor to the fantastic Space Marine.

4m each for two unknown IPs and 4m for Homefront 2. Seems highly unlikely.

About as credible as the valuations that they gave their assets earlier this year.

fates

There were no plans for Space Marine 2 or Dawn of War 3? I could have sworn someone said DoW3 was in the works at least.

Still, sad to see them go.

Pooya

4m each for two unknown IPs and 4m for Homefront 2. Seems highly unlikely.

About as credible as the valuations that they gave their assets earlier this year.

I'd say 2m for CoH2 is very optimistic too, maybe in 2-3 years at low prices, maybe.

Top Bottom