• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Aliens Colonial Marines Wii U version "postponed indefinitely"

Discomurf

Unconfirmed, but it aint looking so hot...

According to Jason Schreier's reply to his own article on Kotaku:

We heard from a tipster about a month ago that the Wii U version had been "postponed indefinitely." We reached out to Sega, and they denied it. I'll let you guys fill in the blanks there. :)

Also Amazon no longer lists a Wii U version of the game.

:/

Edit:
To clarify again, there's no confirmation of this. We heard it from a tipster, Sega denied it, and today Sega told me they're not commenting on anything.

iammeiam

Clearly a ploy by Nintendo to inflate the Wii U software Metacritic average!

Everything surrounding this game makes me sad.

wrowa

I wonder whether the Wii U version was ever actually in development or if Pitchford just talked out of his ass when he praised that particular version of the game.

antitrop

47OQu1e.jpg

Resilient

So which should we expect?

Polished version released in a couple of months with more content and much better visuals + design?

Or no release?

And which is better??

Porcile

Oh dear, what a disaster this has been. After the reviews and truly awful impressions I'm kind of glad I don't have to give a shit about this news.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I wonder if this means Sega is severing ties with Gearbox...

I couldn't blame them if they did. I liked Borderlands 1 and their Halo PC port but other then those Gearbox hasn't really made me go wow they're amazing. Even Borderlands 1 I got really freaking bored halfway through.

It just pisses me off to see how this game was pimped and how when released it looked almost nothing like the demos of it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wonder if this means Sega is severing ties with Gearbox...

I see one of two possibilities:

1) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at Wii U software performance to not want to throw more money into it.

2) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at A:CM performance/quality to not want to throw more money into it.

(or both, really)

Top Bottom