• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
Naruto
decent chapter. Looking forward to what Mu can do.

Bleach
Disappointing honestly. Ikkaku being a lucky bastard? Shitty writing Kubo but i dont know why i expect any more than that from you.

One Piece
Please no flashbacks. Please no flashbacks. Please no flashbacks.

Anteater

One Piece
Wouldn't mind some backstory with Hody, we'll see, Hody is one of the weakest Villains, but previous arcs has other great characters to go with it, like Arlong has Nami and her back story, this arc has mostly been about Fisher Tiger and the previous generations and the princess/prince.
Hody's character strength is pretty weak and rightfully so for the intro to new world, going all out on drugs, along with giving him some kind of history and better motivation than "we hate humans!", would make his character a bit more enjoyable for me, not to mention not only just Hody, Oda could bring some new stuff to the table with the reveal, so I'm looking forward to it, hope it's not a boring flash back with no substance.

Wiseblade

Magico
Just burned through the 7 chapters I was behind on. Nice the see that scruffy art style is as good as I remember.

No, my decision to catch up on all the series I've fallen behind on isn't motivated by wanting to have the highest post count in this thread at all! I swear!

Bakuman v 7 (50-62)

Depressing volume overall. Sad about Detective Trap's cancellation that I wish they had recovered from. Miura went from being a great guy to know just plain annoying with trying to force them to do gag manga. I wish they would get Hattori back. Of the ones in the volume Future Watch sounded cool enough that I want it to get serialized, it even made me chuckle a bit. Ive always warmed up to Aoki more, I really hope she is successful. Only disappointing thing is Fukuda and Hiramaru took the backseat while, terrible characters (Iwase, Nakai) get so much attention. The characters should just vanish. Now to shelve the manga for awhile until the second season of Bakuman ends.

El Sloth

Banned
I'm surprised Flawfuls isn't higher up the Wall of Shame.

No time to post when you're a manga reading robot I guess.

Ooh, new thread.

One Piece

I'm usually not against flashbacks, but this time I REALLY don't want one. Please just get this fight over with...

Griffith

Banned
Doubt (Rabbit Doubt)

Started of good with a lot of promise, but has a stupid twist and a shitty ending. It would have been much better if
it had just been Mitsuki being a crazy murderous psychopath instead of her being controlled by Rei with hypnosis. Plus the whole "I wasn't cheating I was out looking for your birthday present" thing was really dumb.

Sweet new thread, hopefully I'll get around to posting more.

Bleach

Chapters was over in seconds, not much to say.

One Piece

Kind of found this chapter hard to follow. Some of the action shots I couldn't tell what actually happened. Other than that the chapter seemed to kind of drag on.

Naruto

I finally caught up with this, and I will probably get behind again. Naruto just seems way more interesting to me when I read it in chunks, if I go chapter to chapter it bores me to death.

HxH

I really liked this chapter, I'm interested in what this is setting up for this arc. I would like an all out scheming arc between hunters. Rat definitely deserves his nickname.

SolarKnight said:
Ooh, new thread.

One Piece

I'm usually not against flashbacks, but this time I REALLY don't want one. Please just get this fight over with...
But flashbacks are always the best part in One Piece, because they're never boring and always so informative and help to give all the interesting characters we all love and care about, some background.

iavi

Soneet said:
I guess something like this would be handy to have on the first page of this thread.

My current manga list (half of them not started) (and progress not accurate, my tablet was reset):*Pic*

What app is this? and for what platform? I use Mangawatcher for Android, but that one looks cleaner.

One Piece
Okay chapter , i hope the flashback is short 1 or 2 chapters the most .
We still have all the other SH fights to go threw plus other stuff.
It's also good that Oda shows Luffy still need more training with haki some people thought he was to good with it .

I just realised, the only reason I liked this Bleach chapter is because I completely forgot the stupid setup.

Why am I supposed to care about these fights again?

gunbo13

Neoriceisgood said:
You shouldn't. But you should be hyped to see Byakuya kick ass. I want to see some Gokou vs. Vegeta shit with Byakuya/Ichigo.

survivor

Banned
Neoriceisgood said:
I just realised, the only reason I liked this Bleach chapter is because I completely forgot the stupid setup.

To see the Shinigami's growth or something.

Oh hey look Hitsugaya got a new haircut and clothes.

upandaway

One Piece and Gamaran

Great stuff but next week will be where it's at.

Hunter x Hunter

Daaaaaaaamn what a crazy ass chapter.

Ging talking about Gon was badass. He totally lives up to how badass he sounded on the tape.

So basically 11 more people on Ging's level. In a pure one-on-one though, Netero's probably still the strongest (snip "WITH A MERCILESS ROAR" spread).
Outside of Netero, there's no real power tier. Hisoka, Kuroro (and maybe Ubo), Killua's family, these 12, Morau, Biscuit, Kaito, etc. could all beat or be beaten by each other in an inconsistent pattern, like they're all the same level.

Partison in particular really creeps me out. His passive aggressive attitude is insanely pressuring. His ability is probably not very versatile at all and I can really picture him freaking out and going on a crazy massacre if he's pushed too far. Forget being a douche, he's downright sociopathic. People take him seriously, but not really. And he takes everything seriously, but not really. I can see a lot of pre-good Kumagawa in him too (the best thing you can say about a villain).

Snake lady's probably materialization, if only because her personality is neither Manipulation nor Specialization (and it can't be anything else). I guess she can make multiple snakes come out of every limb of her body, including turning into a snake?

If Ging isn't Emission or Reinforcement then I just don't know. I'll throw my hands up in the air as protest. For the dude that went "eh, he's strong enough for me to see him, but if he brings more people, fuck it", how can he be any other type.

Fuck if I know about the rest.

Also, Ging might have went all fancy with his vote, but I still think it'll be either him, Partison, or whoever other person is introduced within the next couple of chapters.

Or... Beans.

Beans would make a great chairman.

gunbo13

Neoriceisgood said:
I somehow didn't notice that at all, though I did notice he looked vaguely less annoying for a reason I couldn't quite figure out.
All the captains got appearance tweaks.

gunbo13 said:
All the captains got appearance tweaks.

I guess that's what happens when you don't care about characters.

I think I remember Rukia's hair being a lot shorter, her brother no longer having failed origami in his hair & Renji getting that bandana around his head, what are the others?

Ninjimbo

One Piece

I'm interested in seeing Hody being developed some more. It would be interesting to see just what the hell is driving his insanity. Arlong hated humans, but he was never this fucking crazy. I don't mind seeing a flashback since I trust Oda to make it good. Anyways, this chapter had too much action going on.

Naruto

I don't know what's going on in this war. I forgot all about the doppelgangers terrorizing the Leaf Ninjas.

Bleach

Needs more Rukia and less cursing. Who's translating this stuff?

Griffith

Banned
Neoriceisgood said:

I think I remember Rukia's hair being a lot shorter, her brother no longer having failed origami in his hair & Renji getting that bandana around his head, what are the others?
Kenpachi's eye patch is different and he no longer has the bells in his hair.

gunbo13

Griffith said:
Kenpachi's eye patch is different and he no longer has the bells in his hair.
And...
Byakuya ditched his scarf and headpieces. His haori is different with the collar.
Toshiro has a scarf now and his green sash is replaced with a chain.
Ikkaku has that shoulder piece on his right.

I think they all look better.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The bleach changes are subtle enough so that they aren't drastic changes to the originals but that, in my opinion, are an improvement

Kreed

Hunter x Hunter 319

upandaway said:
If Ging isn't Emission or Reinforcement then I just don't know. I'll throw my hands up in the air as protest. For the dude that went "eh, he's strong enough for me to see him, but if he brings more people, fuck it", how can he be any other type.

Ging is almost guaranteed to be the same type as Gon (Reinforcement) due to them having similar personality types. His "animal" name also hints at this.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Oh, hello new thread.

Just got my early morning, home brewed iced coffee and am now ready for my favorite weekly ritual of a Wednesday One Piece breakfast.

I will be back with thoughts.

That's not a threat. That's a promise.

New thread. Cool.

One Piece

I think it's time I go back and reread all the Fishman Island stuff. I'm having a hard time keeping up and this fight in the ocean I can't even keep up with. I don't know where anyone is floating out there.

Ninjimbo

I don't think we're going to get a drawn-out flashback arc; probably a half-chapter of exposition, but that's about it. Anyways, what are the possibilities that Hody is some sort of double agent? Just a thought that occurred to me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Neoriceisgood said:

Rukia's the lieutenant now too.

I don't think the flashback going to last long maybe 3 chapters the most .
Still this arc is going to last until next year for certain .
Just counting the SH fights you have 7 chapters @ 1 chapter per fight .
Then there is everything else to wrap up .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Neoriceisgood said:
Huh, it only takes around 260 posts to make it into the wall of fame? That's less of a crazy number than I had imagined.

I do wish I had more to say so one day I too, could be on that wall of magnificent people.
The Wall of Shame Complete Version
Combined totals from OT1 + OT2:

Top 10 in OT1:

1. Angry Grimace 2,836 + 539 = 3375
2. God's Beard 1,532 + 441 = 1973
3. Halycon 1,277 + 335 = 1612
4. watervengeance 1,224 + 443 = 1667
5. grandjedi6 1,079 + 85 = 1164
6. Rewrite 1,021 + 90 = 1111
7. Freshmaker 969 + 325 = 1294
8. cosmicblizzard 866 + 919 = 1785
9. Steroyd 863 + 193 = 1056
10. Vox-Pop 804 + 246 = 1050

Others:

(I don't actually know where OT1 actually is to find the post count, so I can only speculate on the top 20 or so that were posted in OT2)

Dresden 583 + 471 = 1054
upandaway ? + 916 = ? (Had less than 190 in OT1)
Infinite Justice ? + 827 ?
Flyntstryker 341+ 702 = 1043
Ignis Fatuus 583 + 492 = 1075

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Medaka Box 117

WOW.
They finally got away from the last arc... which was terrible.

ZENKICHI IS THE FINAL BOSS. :O He agrees to be Medaka's enemy in order to bring the Flask plan down... which also means he'll be receiving a power up of some sort.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
RepairmanJack said:
One Piece

Kind of found this chapter hard to follow. Some of the action shots I couldn't tell what actually happened. Other than that the chapter seemed to kind of drag on.

Going to have to agree on the hard to follow bit. After we magically don't get in on what Hody said it's kind of jumbled up. Extremely unusual for Oda.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this arc, despite how much I despise the overused medicine-power up in . . everything. And, while I think the pacing of every manga is take better in volumes, these last few chapters (break included) are definitely getting me itchy for the rest. It's mainly just the instant gratification in me looking for the payoff now.

I think some real heavy shit is going to go down though and I really doubt that all of this is just for some reveal about the ship, over in 15 chapters. I'm getting the feeling that this is really, really going to drag out.

Angry Grimace said:
The Wall of Shame Complete Version
Combined totals from OT1 + OT2:
Others:

(I don't actually know where OT1 actually is to find the post count, so I can only speculate on the top 20 or so that were posted in OT2)

I didnt ever realize I had over 700 in the first thread, then only 200 in the second than 650 in the third. I wasnt even a member for a large portion of when the first thread was around, wow.

Beam said:
Beam 401 posts. Damn, i did not know i posted this much.

Have to keep the Bleach Defense force strong :p

Seriously though i wonder what really happened to Hody. Arlong was a bastard but at least he cared enough for his fellow fishman but Hody just does not give a flying fuck anymore.

I hope the revelation is not some lame family stuff or something.

Zoe

Beam said:
Bleach

Yumichika is in Soul society. It is weird that he is not with Ikkaku when Ikkaku, Kenpachi and Yachiru are in the real world.

He wasn't even in the group that came to the real world after the SS arc, IIRC.

Zoe said:
Whatever happened to peacock guy anyway.

Yumichika? If Kenpachi + Yuchiro and Ikkaku are there, I imagine he is lurking around somewhere, along with Matsumoto since its odd to see Hitsugaya with her, same as its odd for both Kenpachis underlings to not be around. Yumichika was in the Fake Karakura Town arc fighting Barragon's fraccion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom