• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Most Time You've Spent with a Single Player Game?

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
With BotW breaking the 100 hours player mark for many people out there, I'm wondering what is the most time you've spent with a single player game?

I haven't finished Breath of the Wild yet, but the longest I've spent in a game is FFVII at 110 hours. I think I spent around 80 hours in FFX. Those are by far the two games I've spent the most time with, though I imagine I will be breaking that with Zelda eventually.

sirronoh

Depends on how you define single player but I've spent over 1500 hours on Animal Crossing: New Leaf and over 600 hours on Fire Emblem Awakening.

I put over 300 hours into the original Mass Effect. I'm pretty sure that's the most I've spent. Skyrim and Witcher 3 are a close second.

Tagyhag

Well I spent hundreds of hours with bots in LoL and Dota 2 but that technically doesn't count so it would have to be Mount and Blade: Warband or Age of Empires 2. Probably the latter since I've been playing that on and off since it released.

Zalman

I don't have any hour count, but I would be shocked if it wasn't a Pokémon game for me. Hundreds of hours spent on those.

It's got to be Pokémon Ruby when I was a kid played that shit constantly. The possible dark horse is The Last of Us which I have beaten 9 times between the PS4 and PS3 versions.

Really hope I enjoy Zelda enough for that to take the crown.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I have about 300 hours clocked in with Skyrim on X360.

I'm currently sitting at 280 hours with The Witcher 3 on PC.

Dragon Age: Origins playthroughs always take 100 or so hours for me too, and I've done about 4 of them, such a great game.

Witcher 3 is about 160 hours and I'm still somewhere in the middle of blood and wine.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite should be 200+ hours. I miss the game too much.

Timeaisis

I rarely play single player games into the hundreds of hours.

A few the I have:
BotW (a hundred so far and still going...)
Fallout New Vegas (around 110 iirc)
Animal Crossing GC (countless... Probably 100-200
Xenoblade Chronicles (120 if I recall correctly)

That is on one playthrough of course. I've played many games over and over, so the total time spent is probably higher than some of those above (e.g. I've beaten MGS3 about a dozen times. Some FFs I've played 3-4 times total)

MTC100

Banned
I spent most of my time on World of Warcraft but that's off topic I know.

I don't know how much time I've spent with Deus Ex but I remember playing the first level that was available in the demo about 10 hours and the main game for probably 100 hours.

I also played the Legend of Zelda(NES) countless hours, the same with Ocarina of Time as well as Goldeneye which I've played so much, I still know all the level designs from the back of my mind. Persona 4 Golden was surely an impressive timesink as well and The Last of Us was a game I played through roughly 3 times, something I don't do that often if ever nowadays, well The Witcher 3 was a game that almost made it to 3 times as well but considering I also played both Addons I guess I've spent more time with Geralt than with any other hero the last few years...

Jawmuncher

If I count multiple console versions, I have 300+ hours of RE5. After that I'm sure it's just a game that took a long time just to beat. Probably some rpg.

Most probably Final Fantasy VII. At least three full playthroughs, and one of them getting close to 100 hours (the one where I grabbed everything and maxed everything).

Literal countless hours with RuneScape, Battlefield 2, UT2K4 and Oblivion. Easily over 1000 hours per game.

Skyrim is just over 700 hours, Fallout 3 and 4 around 300.

Edit: Scratch RuneScape, it was MP only.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It was a surprise one but MGSV at 100 hours. And it wasn't over many months and years, but just in its launch window. What's weird is that it doesn't feel like that much.

I think I got close to it with Fallout 3 last year, at around 80 hours.

Before that was FFXII at 80 hours.

No I'm not really a "deep into one game" gamer. I usually beat it then move on.

Haunted

Tons of games over 100 hours, but when all is said and done, it's probably the Binding of Isaac in its various incarnations over the last couple years.

edit: Monster Hunter Tri and 3 Ultimate are probably close, but that's with MP.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I've beaten the campaign countless time.

The campaign is 40-50 hours long seeing how I play hard mode and fail certain chapters causing retires

Cramoss

Witcher 3 got me around 150 hours counting all expansions.

Second place would be Xenoblade Chronicles with 120 hours.

I don't know how many hours spent on Animal Crossing GC version but I'm sure it's a lot too.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
302 hours in Fallout: New Vegas. If I had figures for Morrowind, the number would probably be a lot higher than that.

zulux21

i mean there are leader boards and what not but there is no direct interaction with other players. (aka it's more of a single player game than the pokemon games people are listing that you can trade with and battle other people) Everything in the game is controlled by the game.

so I guess this.
G3noUbY.png

>.>

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Steam says 2671 hours in Idling to rule the gods for me, so that.

Lots of idle time though

Put a lot of hours into many games but first to come to mind:
-- Final Fantasy XII as one constantly revisited file
-- Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, and Mass Effect 1 and 2 as total time played among varied playthroughs

Necron

Approximately 150 hours of Witcher 3 (incl. the 2 DLCs). Yeah, that's a very long game...

FF XII was approx. 120 hours and I've already accumulated nearly 100 hours in Dark Souls 3.

EDIT: Forgot Dragon Age: Inquisition with its nearly 200 hours (incl. all 3 DLCs). Quite a boring game in retrospect, though. Should have stopped much sooner.

lumzi23

I know for sure I have 112 hours on the Witcher 3.

I also probably have northwards of 100 hours Kotor 1 & 2, ME2 & 3 and maybe the same in ME1. I have 99 hours on Dragon Age Inquisition. I have 57 hours in Fifa 15 (purely single player).

zulux21

Steam says 2671 hours in Idling to rule the gods for me, so that.

Lots of idle time though

yup if marvel puzzle quest doesn't count some sort of idle game would be the top one for me lol.

if you are talking a more traditional game my top is around 500 hours in disgaea 2. or likely a similar amount of time strictly in the story mode of itadaki street special.

In a single playthrough? Probably either Fallout 4, Skyrim, The Witcher 3, or Dragon Age: Inquisition. Just around 200 or 300 hours for a singular playthrough.

Culmulative is a different story. I've played the first Mass Effect about 20-30 times. At about 30-40 hours average for a complete playthrough that's well over 1000 hours.

Yeah...

Cumulatively it's got to be FF VI -- put probably three to four hundred hours into it over repeated play-throughs.

In one go, probably Witcher 3 -- ended up sinking about 150 into it before putting it down for another game.

Top Bottom