• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Rumor: The Xbox 3's Code Name Is "Durango" [Crytek: Durango Meeting In London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update:

-SD- said:
Crytek guy's tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/Cry_SeanT/status/174513741046620160

Enjoying the Durango developers summit in London. So far, great swag and interesting talks.
Wonder if he's talking about the same Durango as this thread is...

durango-xbox-next-codg25uj.png

Original:

Kotaku is rumoring that this is what it will be referred to as publicly before they unveil the final name.

Kotaku said:
The Next Xbox is Code-Named…Durango

Kotaku has heard from multiple sources close to the project that the code-name for Microsoft's next console is Durango.

Yup. Durango.

Note this is a code-name. Like the Katana (Dreamcast), Dolphin (GameCube) and Revolution (Wii) before it, it's not the name that will appear on the finished product when you finally get your hands on one.

It is the name, however, that you'll be hearing during the console's final development phase, that awkward time between it being first shown off and then actually released to the public.

Interestingly, it seems to also suggest a bit of a pattern in Microsoft's internal naming policies. Kinect, before we knew it as Kinect, was called Natal, named for a city in Brazil. Durango, meanwhile, is the name of one of Mexico's 31 states.
Source: http://kotaku.com/5885539/the-next-xbox-is-code+nameddurango

It's pronounced "doo-rahn-go."

Curious to see the reasoning behind it. Seems an odd choice.
edit: Oh, didn't know natal was a city. Okay, solves that, I suppose.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
"A bit of a pattern"? I thought they always named their projects in development after cities? Or almost always.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Interestingly, it seems to also suggest a bit of a pattern in Microsoft's internal naming policies. Kinect, before we knew it as Kinect, was called Natal, named for a city in Brazil. Durango, meanwhile, is the name of one of Mexico's 31 states.

Slowtaku indeed. MS have been doing this since man first discovered fire.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My mom had a durango. It's fucking huge. She is 5' and like had major compensation issues. It was so big she couldn't really drive it. Smashed it into things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom