• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #921

Bo130

A_Lee_N said:
IGN said there were new Bleach DS 2nd info in the latest Famitsu, any chance of a scan of that?

I think they got lost behind - thought I'd saw all that info already. Think it's from 1 (2?) weeks back.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
One more request for anyone willing to shed a little more light on Heaven's Will and what the gist of the game is.

Jonnyram said:
This is from #921 too, so neo doesn't have to scan it :)
(reposting from the other thread)

Wow, I didn't know Japan was going to get EBA. I thought it was just the American equivalent of Ouendan.

Jonnyram

I don't think it's coming out in Japan, but there's plenty of import shops in places like Akihabara, so people will be able to buy it if they want it. Famitsu covers a bit of overseas news recently, and there's always a lot more western games come out towards the end of a console's cycle (I'm referring to PS2 for now), so there's quite a lot of western coverage at the moment.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
kaching said:
Thanks - are you trying to tell me I shouldn't bother getting interested in this game? Because I happen to be interested in Dungeon Maker too. :)
Just pointing out the developer. I can read Japanese so I could not tell you anything other then that.

duckroll

Error2k4 said:
Hashino is involved with Trauma Center Wii holy shit, instant buy. even if I won't buy a Wii at launch.

Erm.. why wouldn't he be involved? He produced the first game too. He's kinda like the top dog at R&D1 now, producing new projects and directing all major SMT releases.

What's interesting is that the director is now Kanada Daisuke, who is the battle designer for most SMT games and also worked on the Maken X games.

duckroll

Heaven's Will is a scifi themed action game. Although it sounds more like a dungeon crawler without RPG elements. Basically you're a guy that woke up with no memories and find you're some mutant experimental subject with special powers. To escape you have to climb from floor to floor, and each floor has a time limit. You can rescue other mutants like yourself on each floor and they have different powers. The max party size is 3 people. It sounds kinda interesting and they're billing it as a "survival" game, so if dungeon crawling is your thing without the items or exp, this might be your thing.

Matix

duckroll said:
Heaven's Will is a scifi themed action game. Although it sounds more like a dungeon crawler without RPG elements. Basically you're a guy that woke up with no memories and find you're some mutant experimental subject with special powers. To escape you have to climb from floor to floor, and each floor has a time limit. You can rescue other mutants like yourself on each floor and they have different powers. The max party size is 3 people. It sounds kinda interesting and they're billing it as a "survival" game, so if dungeon crawling is your thing without the items or exp, this might be your thing.

Ah, sounds like my type of game. Still.. just wishful thinking... any mention of sometype of Online Play/Support (probably already know the answer to this.. sadly) ?! Anyway, thx for translated info *DR* :D :D !!

duckroll

Matix said:
Ah, sounds like my type of game. Still.. just wishful thinking... any mention of sometype of Online Play/Support (probably already know the answer to this.. sadly) ?! Anyway, thx for translated info *DR* :D :D !!

It supports wireless LAN, but it doesn't mention Ad-hoc or Infrastructure in general. If I had to guess I'll just say that it'll support downloads and updates like Exit and Rengoku do.

Matix

duckroll said:
It supports wireless LAN, but it doesn't mention Ad-hoc or Infrastructure in general. If I had to guess I'll just say that it'll support downloads and updates like Exit and Rengoku do.

Eh, figured. I wonder when will the majority of Japanese developers actually notice that PSP + Online Play = Automatic Winnar ;P

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm worried about Trauma Center. Without anything to press against, I don't know how precise the motions can be. I'm probably going to kill so many patients before I get the hang of it.

duckroll

Shouta said:
Has Growlanser V been reviewed by Famitsu yet?

Yeah, they gave it 7/6/6/6 (25/40)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111739

As for review comments, the game is said to have sluggish controls and long ass spell animations. The game also doesn't provide enough information about missions and when you fail you get back to the title screen. They liked the fact that the plot was in chapters and kinda epic this time, but were rather put off by the poor tempo in the gameplay.

Shouta

duckroll said:
Yeah, they gave it 7/6/6/6 (25/40)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111739

As for review comments, the game is said to have sluggish controls and long ass spell animations. The game also doesn't provide enough information about missions and when you fail you get back to the title screen. They liked the fact that the plot was in chapters and kinda epic this time, but were rather put off by the poor tempo in the gameplay.

Score sounds about right. I think the Growlanser games score within the neighborhood of mid 20s to low 30s. Growlanser IV scored a 31 as I recall (7/8/8/8) and that was an awesome game, easily in my top 5 RPGs this generation. Growlanser I scored a 28 in Famitsu I think and that's probably my second favorite PS1 RPG, behind Valkyrie Profile.

reminder

duckroll said:

Thank you! :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
duckroll said:

yea, when I read it in famitsu at the bookstore, it looked all kinds of sexy. I hope it actually follows through.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
duckroll said:

A dungeon crawler with no items or exp? I hope they have some really great ideas to stop the game from getting repetitive and boring then. Like learning new moves or solve puzzles?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
heaven's will sounds a bit like operation logic bomb/ikari no yousai on snes. did anyone besides me play that game? it's essentially a shooter/dungeon crawler with awesome toaplanesque spritework, and it's the most underrated game...EVER.

Top Bottom