• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindro

One week and 50+ hours in, nothing has changed my early impressions: this may be the best game ever made.

Time to go do my second dungeon!

13ruce

Banned
Summer is gonna be amazing with the first dlc pack i hope hard mode is a bit more fleshed out then lulz heres hero mode. Maybe some real survival aspects? Also wondering what that mao feature is gonna be and how those trials play out.

Now trying to do all shrines for the new tunic i need it. Will replay the whole game when hard mode is out.

I just booted up the game for the first time and am using my new pro controller. I'm thinking there might be an issue with the left joystick though. Does Link have any sort of momentum when moving? I find that after I stop moving the joystick, he sometimes still continues walking to the right. Also, on the map, is there additional momentum when moving the cursor or if I have stopped moving the joystick should it be perfectly still?

I'm guessing it's a defect because I just tried recreating it--walking to the forward-right and then taking my thumb off the stick--and Link continued walking until he hit a wall (and I wasnt even touching the stick at that point). Just want to make sure before I contact Amazon for a replacement.

As someone who hasn't enjoyed a console Zelda much since Wind Waker (I love ALBW though), it's so great to be like 30 hours into this thing and still loving it.

And I still haven't touched a dungeon! Most of my time has just been spent wandering!

Hazzuh

Chasing a star fragment north I ended up accidentally discovering a shrine and stable I had never found before. I picked up the star fragment and then panned by camera and there was a shrine out of nowhere haha. On a whim I decided to keep going north from there and I stumbled upon
the lost woods!
Seeing the master sword is so cool even if I don't have enough hearts to get it yet, also I had no idea the deku tree was even in the game o:

This is a game truly deserving of the description "adventure game", I've never had so much fun in a game just going in a random direction and exploring.

Burny

I'm guessing it's a defect because I just tried recreating it--walking to the forward-right and then taking my thumb off the stick--and Link continued walking until he hit a wall (and I wasnt even touching the stick at that point). Just want to make sure before I contact Amazon for a replacement.

Potentially faulty hardware. Have you made sure the stick wasn't pressed into any direction when you turned on the controller and console?

On previous Nintendo consoles that led to the behavior you describe. If that doesn't help, it might be faulty hardware.

After you beat the Gerudo dungeon,
Urbosa talking about how Calamity Ganon used to take the form of a Gerudo and how that's going to make defeating him even sweeter was one of the cooler storytelling moments that Zelda has done with its canon. Gives Urbosa (who, by the way, FUCKING RULES) a clear personal stake in this battle that is AWESOME. I really, really, really, really loved that choice.

What a great character.

Kingven

Should Zelda for Switch use the same map? maybe with a new hyrule all reconstructed after the defeat of Ganon.... and also new lands to explore...

Trago

Some of these shrines are Portal tier genius. I have yet to hit one of the main dungeons yet, I'm looking forward to the puzzles in those.

Just popping in to say.

This game is is greatest adventure game I've play of all time.

Mind boggling how addictive they've made exploring and rewarding without bullshit xp rewards and other modern gaming tropes.

The soundtrack is perfect.

mStudios

I beat the game this morning.

What an amazing game, got me hooked since the first day. So many little and big details, so many references, so much to do.

The only thing I don't like about Zelda is (that it's almost too good) that we have to wait another 5+ years to get another Zelda.

70 shrines completed, a bunch of Koroks seed, Hylian Shield and Master Sword, All 4 Divine beast beaten, all memories obtained.

sleepnaught

so I've put maybe 40 hours into this game already, so crazy. I've only now decided to do a little bit of the Main Quest. I've reached the first Divine Beast. How many more hours is there to the main story?

NSESN

You suggest a top notch OT title and you still haven't played the game? No good, no good! Hope you can play it really soon! GOTY for sure!
I am trying, buy switch is almost 1k dollars here in brazil, Zelda almost 100 dollars.

Decided to check how fast speed runs have been done a week in and Ito seems like any% is just over an hour now and all dungeons is already bow 3 and a half hours. Speedrunmers are insane

so I've put maybe 40 hours into this game already, so crazy. I've only now decided to do a little bit of the Main Quest. I've reached the first Divine Beast. How many more hours is there to the main story?

It's really hard to gauge how long the main story exactly is, as some aspects of it, such as attaining all the memories can take a vast amount of difference depending on the player. I'd say you can do most of the main story content in about 20 hours or so, but I think it's best played by breaking it up with exploration in between.

Stalwart

Decided to check how fast speed runs have been done a week in and Ito seems like any% is just over an hour now and all dungeons is already bow 3 and a half hours. Speedrunmers are insane

Shit, there's already all dungeons speedruns? A few days ago it was still only any%

Amazing game, I got lost last night traveling up from the side of Hateno beach to where Zora's domain is. I was mostly walking on the cliffside, I had no idea where I was going but my 30mins-1hr of being lost were rewarded with 10 or so korok seeds, fought my first
giant one-eyed bokoblin
and I ended up finding a fun shrine quest
(the wind related one)

Hybris

I haven't started playing this yet, but I wanted to come in and say that OT title is the best I've seen in my relatively short time here. Bravo!

The rain is cool and all but I am NOT a fan of the fact that you're fucked if you want to climb mountains or in my case Stone Talus, sigh. Realism is fun and all, but I always hope developers find a good line between realism and fun. I really could have done without always slipping down off mountains etc. Especially when it can happen that rain occurs way too often.

"I'd easily give this game a ten. This is 10/10. Easiest 10 of all time. Drop those frames all you want. I'll eat it like soup. I want to play more of it." - Kyle Bosman on Zelda BotW

untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

StAidan

Another OT already, crazy.

Also, everyone beating this game already. I've made it to 4 towers so far and barely got my camera rune.

V-Faction

IT'S BEEN A WEEK...

And I've still only completed 1 story dungeon. Damn.

(BotW needs its "Majora's Mask" side-story sequel using existing engine assets PRONTO)

I did not know that Wolf Link could
find shrines
. Make life so much easier!

I also read that there are 120 shrines in this game. Is that true? I've done about 40 of them and am about 50 hours in.

Man, I got a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom