• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011-2012 TV Show Cancellation Thread - CSI Miami just got *takes off shades* canned

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory.

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
It happened in the 80s, too. These things have been fairly cyclical for them.
CBS was crap from the mid 80s until Survivor, CSI et al. hit.
ABC was in decline after Home Improvement and the TGIF era ended until Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy (Millionaire didn't really do much).
But while CBS was able to brand off of those shows, it was harder for ABC to do the same with its hits and is now trying to build its sitcom brand again.
We'll see if NBC can do this.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Whew, I'm glad that I didn't see Person of Interest in the OP. Best new show of the year for me. Quite honestly all of the other new shows that I've watched have been trash.

Especially all of these new comedies. There isn't a single one of the new ones that I can see myself getting into. Tough year so far for network TV.

ivysaur12

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Yeah, but NBC had the aforementioned Cheers and Hill Street Blues, plus The Cosby Show and Miami Vice, back in the '80s. Is there anything on the plate that has such potential for cultural impact like those shows? I don't think so.

Maybe not this year, though Awake and Smash are very good shows. Next year? Who knows. They just bought a drama pilot from Kripke and Abrams.

These things come and go. I imagine that at some point, NBC will bounce back. But don't expect that to be this year or the next. Or after.

Takao

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
Do you watch any of these shows, Takao?

I've watched bits and pieces of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sonic X, and Magi-Nation in my younger years. While I am a Dragon Ball fan, I have no real personal interest in Kai (other than laughing at some of the interesting choices for censorship the CW version faces) because it's a really lazy production. I couldn't be bothered to wake up and watch cartoons on Saturday mornings, so if I ever do watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and Tai Chi Chasers (which I did see a bit of on the CW4Kids website) it'll be when a Canadian TV channel picks them up, and even then I doubt I'd follow them for long.

Zoe said:
That reminds me, I was just thinking the other day... do local networks even show weekday/after-school cartoons any more?

Generally, no. Syndicated animation is rare if it isn't Family Guy, or The Simpsons or just there to comply with FCC E/I standards (which usually means really old shows). I can't remember seeing a kids TV show on a US affiliate station since the last days of the weekday Kids WB, and Fox Kids blocks.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Takao said:
I've watched bits and pieces of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sonic X, and Magi-Nation in my younger years. While I am a Dragon Ball fan, I have no real personal interest in Kai (other than laughing at some of the interesting choices for censorship the CW version faces) because it's a really lazy production. I couldn't be bothered to wake up and watch cartoons on Saturday mornings, so if I ever do watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and Tai Chi Chasers (which I did see a bit of on the CW4Kids website) it'll be when a Canadian TV channel picks them up, and even then I doubt I'd follow them for long.

Ah. I was just wondering. I didn't know if anyone would still watch Saturday morning cartoons. Even when I enjoyed the shows from Kids WB and whatever, I still didn't want to get up early to watch them. Pokemon, Digimon, YuGiOh, etc.

Stumpokapow said:
Okay, here's are two very simple explanations for why networks typically don't do that.

1) Advertising slots are sold in advance for a fixed rate on the assumption of a certain number of viewers*. The more viewers a show is expected to have (and this expectation is based on the upfront, the time slot, the network's history, and the show's track record), the more money the ad slots are sold for. Networks guarantee a minimum number of viewers. If those viewers are not there, networks either need to (partially) refund advertisers or pull the advertising altogether, use more slots for in-house ads, and offers the advertisers better slots elsewhere on the network. When a show craters, it costs the network money immediately. They don't get to hold out for a year and then renegotiate the ad rates and tell advertisers "LOL punk'd u picked a bad show doggy".

2) Secondly, while renewals are not based on retention, retention matters. Viewers who show up for one show often leave the TV on and watch the next show. It keeps viewers on network and it keeps them watching TV. This effect ripples through the night, so a consistently weak primetime lineup will end the night with very poor audiences. After primetime is over, local affiliates (the actual tv stations in each area who brand themselves as part of ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, etc) take over programming. Affiliates are not technically guaranteed any viewers per se, but they are happier when more viewers get passed to them which feeds into #1 above. Affiliates threaten revolt, threaten to not air certain primetime shows, or threaten disassociation if national networks are not fulfilling their obligations to the affiliates.

Thanks for the explanation. This all makes sense, but why then are basic cable channels able to air full seasons of shows like Rubicon and Terriers? Does advertising work differently on cable?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Zoe said:
Eh, if I'm watching something on Fox right before the news comes on and there isn't any other new programming, I'm more likely to stay on the channel. Otherwise I tend to channel surf for reruns of something.
Find some non-anecdotal evidence of how much retention matters to long running local news. The people on my local news have been on the air for as long as I can remember, and I'm 23.

ivysaur12 said:
Point #1 still stands. I believe the lower internal estimations around upfronts were a 2.0-2.5 in the 18-49.
I don't believe I had anything to say about Point #1....

But if 2.0-2.5 is what they wanted canceling Lie To Me sucks for those fans because it met those requirements after replacing Lone Star.

ivysaur12

Banned
DeathNote said:
Find some non-anecdotal evidence of how much retention matters to long running local news. The people on my local news have been on the air for as long as I can remember, and I'm 23.

I don't believe I had anything to say about Point #1....

But if 2.0-2.5 is what they wanted canceling Lie To Me sucks for those fans because it met those requirements after replacing Lone Star.

2.0-2.5 isn't what they wanted. It was a low estimate to give advertisers. Anything 2.5 or below would have been a failure. They wanted/expected/hoped for a 3.0+/high 2s drama.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
2.0-2.5 isn't what they wanted. It was a low estimate to give advertisers. Anything 2.5 or below would have been a failure. They wanted/expected/hoped for a 3.0+/high 2s drama.
Why did they keep the Raising Hope renewal when the last 6 episodes preformed a 2.0-2.2?

ivysaur12

Banned
DeathNote said:
Why did they keep the Raising Hope renewal when the last 6 episodes preformed a 2.0-2.2?

1. 2.0-2.5 was a low-end premiere estimate for Lone Star, not a rule of thumb for the entire series. If Lone Star had premiered to a 3.5+ and then settled in the 2.3-2.7 range, yeah, it would have been renewed. Those numbers were an estimate from Fox. Really, their primetime average boiled down to most shows that had finales below a 2.0 get canned, while most of those above that threshold were canned. TVBTN deals more with this stuff, though it's more nuanced than they'd let on.

2. Fox has historically had issues with live action comedy. Lowered expectations.

There is no magic rule "2.1 canceled, 2.2 renewed." A lot goes into most cancellation/renewal decisions.

scosher

Averon said:
NBC's fall from grace has been a sight to behold. I don't think NBC ever recovered from Friends ending and the subsequent collapse of their Must See TV branding.

I think NBC's downfall this past decade is two-part: (1) changing viewership habits of the next generation, and (2) sluggish to jump on the reality-TV bandwagon. But because they've been down for so long, you can add: (3) loss of brand.

They're pretty much scrambling to put up quality television now, and seem to be copycats more than innovators or risk-takers -- Playboy Club copying Mad Men's success; The Voice/Sing-Off trying to get in on the X-Factor scene before X-Factor aired; The Event trying to tap into the hole left by Lost & 24 combined; going back to laugh-track comedies with Whitney.

Sad to see, cause despite their low ratings, I enjoyed a lot of their shows this past decade (Friday Night Lights, Life, Kings, season 1 of Heroes, their Thursday night comedy lineup, etc.). But recently, they have no direction and are afraid to take risks with their low ratings.

ivysaur12

Banned
scosher said:
I think NBC's downfall this past decade is two-part: (1) changing viewership habits of the next generation, and (2) sluggish to jump on the reality-TV bandwagon. But because they've been down for so long, you can add: (3) loss of brand.

They're pretty much scrambling to put up quality television now, and seem to be copycats more than innovators or risk-takers -- Playboy Club copying Mad Men's success; The Voice/Sing-Off trying to get in on the X-Factor scene before X-Factor aired; The Event trying to tap into the hole left by Lost & 24 combined; going back to laugh-track comedies with Whitney.

Sad to see, cause despite their low ratings, I enjoyed a lot of their shows this past decade (Friday Night Lights, Life, Kings, season 1 of Heroes, their Thursday night comedy lineup, etc.). But recently, they have no direction and are afraid to take risks with their low ratings.

All of those shows bombed, with the exception of season 1 of Heroes. So NBC catering to your tastes (which, by the way, are fine) would spell instant death for them. So do they try something safer (Prime Suspect)? Well, that bombed too. Obviously there's more to it, but on the surface, it looks bleak for them in that regard.

Look what those (mostly stupid) risks did to them.

scosher

ivysaur12 said:
All of those shows bombed, with the exception of season 1 of Heroes. So NBC catering to your tastes (which, by the way, are fine) would spell instant death for them. So do they try something safer (Prime Suspect)? Well, that bombed too. Obviously there's more to it, but on the surface, it looks bleak for them in that regard.

Look what those (mostly stupid) risks did to them.

Hence why I said changing viewership habits of the younger generation. I watched all of those shows online or on Hulu, hardly ever on the tube. Same for a lot of friends. Hardly know anyone who watches CBS though, except for HIMYM, yet CBS has been dominating with procedurals and crappy laugh-track comedies for over 4 years now.

Of all the network stations though, I think ABC has the right direction right now. They're finally making quality comedy, and Pan Am is already more appealing and better quality than Playboy Club. Although they could drop the Bachelorette and all its incarnations for all I care.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you go back at look at the 9 o'clock time slot in 2010, there was only two new shows competeing with eachother. The Event and Lone Star. Everything else was returning series. They stuck a returning series, Lie To Me, in Lone Stars slot.

The Event's first 6 episodes were: 10.88-->9.06-->7.56-->6.50-->6.42-->5.97.
The Event's lead in, Chuck, was only around 5.5 Million.

People probably switched over from House, which was at around 10 million all 6 of those weeks.

I'm willing to bet those ~5 million people would have gave Lone Star a try after thinking The Event sucked.

I bet a decent amount watched the first two on DVR while watching The Event live.

They should have let it go a few more episodes, it was stupid not to, that is all.

Edit:
I think the third episode would how shown how much The Event losing people was helping Lone Star if at all. If it went up, try a 4th.

Novid

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
Do you watch any of these shows, Takao?

He doesnt need to. All i see is why the CW even exist at this point when a company ripped to shreads can get better ratings with 5 year old anime and one Korean show.

Novid

Banned
scosher said:

NBC's problem comes from three things. It wasnt viewership habits, because they had football in 2006. It wasnt reality TV they did some in the mid 2000's. It was the horrible mismangement of the network after friends went off the air. NBC after friends ended, and all of the other stuff lost its brand idenity. Once NBC got SNF they started to get some of it back but its a long climb. One of the reasons why NBC is trying to get into the sports business is to get more Sport into the prime time line up (they will all tell you the same thing) so they can get younger viewers to watch the mid season shows.

They have bad marketing outside of "The Today Show" and SNF (which at this point sells itself) There is this blah look to every damn advertisment of every show - which CBS and FOX does a hell of a lot better. And when its blah, nobody gives a fuck.

People still havent gotten over the Leno thing and i have a feeling once hes gone they can truly start to rebuild. There is also a reason why Comcast has asked Brian Willams to 30 Center...

Wow at the Harry's Law numbers (1.2). Anyone know where it ended the year?

I will say that I'm not impressed with the changes. Last season this show was a quirky show, sort of half procedural, half humorous/parody. So far in the first two episodes they've tossed the David Kelley quirky out the window, tossed the humor/parody over the side, and have left us with a courtroom/lawyer procedural.

Of which there are too many already. I'll give it a week or two more, but right now it's a complete disappointment from the promise it showed last season.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ivysaur12 said:
Maybe not this year, though Awake and Smash are very good shows. Next year? Who knows. They just bought a drama pilot from Kripke and Abrams.

These things come and go. I imagine that at some point, NBC will bounce back. But don't expect that to be this year or the next. Or after.
Watching NBC's downfall is like watching a really bad pile-up on I-95 going northbound while you're driving southbound. It's horrible, but you just can't look away. Going southbound, look to your right, see the mangled cars, glimpse, see the turned-over 18-wheeler with nuclear waste spilling over, glimpse, see the Ferrari on fire, glimpse, dead bodies... that's how NBC looks while everyone is going southbound to Fox, ABC or CBS.

Novid pretty much hit it on the head. All they have now is Today and football. Looking back, I'm amazed at how quickly they fell from the penthouse to the outhouse because of Friends. Did they have a dry spell after Seinfeld ended? Just wondering.

DMczaf

Person of Interest had a pretty ho-hum pilot that felt like they had to fit 2 hours into 1 hour, but I loved the 2nd episode.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DeathNote said:
If you go back at look at the 9 o'clock time slot in 2010, there was only two new shows competeing with eachother. The Event and Lone Star. Everything else was returning series. They stuck a returning series, Lie To Me, in Lone Stars slot.

The Event's first 6 episodes were: 10.88-->9.06-->7.56-->6.50-->6.42-->5.97.
The Event's lead in, Chuck, was only around 5.5 Million.

People probably switched over from House, which was at around 10 million all 6 of those weeks.

I'm willing to bet those ~5 million people would have gave Lone Star a try after thinking The Event sucked.

I bet a decent amount watched the first two on DVR while watching The Event live.

They should have let it go a few more episodes, it was stupid not to, that is all.

There's a lot of stuff in this post about total overall viewers, and I'm not sure why, because demo Nielsen ratings are available.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
There's a lot of stuff in this post about total overall viewers, and I'm not sure why, because demo Nielsen ratings are available.
Uhm, every ratings I look at have the demo dropping or raising along with the overall viewers.

A 5.5 million lead in (Chuck) spiking up to 10.8 million for the Event and a 10 million lead in (House) dropping down to 4-3 million Lone Star isn't fishy to you?

There was more Hype for The Event, you can only watch one thing at once, and they lost viewers quickly.

Another episode or two, that was already completed, would better tell you if people were switching over to the only other new series in that time slot.

The Event and Lone star both lost a million for episode two, but that doesn't mean Lone Star couldn't have gained the millions more that The Event Lost before episodes 3 and 4. Lone Star only need 2.5 million more in addition to the 3 million that watched episode 2 to match Lie To Me. Which would have raised the demo.

Total viewers don't matter and they don't really scale with, or relate to, the demo all that much.

Look at CBS' ratings. Their shows get massive total viewer numbers but they are often beaten by Fox in the demo.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Deadline notes that the US Prime Suspect has been sold into syndication in 30 international markets. Traditionally it's thought that international sales have not saved shows from cancellation, but rather acted as sweeteners for borderline shows. I know Ugly Betty syndicated very well internationally and that was thought to be a factor keeping it going. In Canada, "Being Erica" is a good example of a show that literally got saved by international syndication. And obviously back in the day where first-run syndicated TV was more common continued orders of the shows would live or die from this stuff. But for the most part, a show having simultaneous international sales isn't really something that will save it.

Deadline ran this piece last year showing how the rookie shows of 2010-2011 sold internationally -- some notes; The Event is the third highest show on this list (shitcanned), Shit My Dad Says sold well (shitcanned), Hellcats sold alright (shitcanned), Mr. Sunshine and the Defenders around the middle of the pack (both shitcanned). So I think it's fair to say that, certainly last year, international sales did not save or doom any shows.

I don't see any way that Prime Suspect continues airing on NBC in primetime if it's hauling in <1.5 demo ratings.

DeathNote said:
Uhm, every ratings I look at have the demo dropping or raising along with the overall viewers.

Yes, but I'm saying use the demo numbers, not the overall viewership, because the overall viewership numbers are irrelevant and using them to make your point just makes it sound like you're grasping for straws to make the magnitude of the numbers bigger.

The Event and Lone star both lost a million for episode two, but that doesn't mean Lone Star couldn't have gained the millions more that The Event Lost before episodes 3 and 4. Lone Star only need 2.5 million more in addition to the 3 million that watched episode 2 to match Lie To Me. Which would have raised the demo.

I don't think my position has changed since a year ago when you got really upset about Lone Star being cancelled. The show was a dog. It didn't debut poorly, it debuted disastrously. It didn't hold or grow, it dropped. I don't believe it was competition from the Event (I don't see why a female-targeted primetime dustbowl soap would compete with a male-targeted ensemble near-future sci-fi show, frankly), I simply believe that the show didn't register with network TV viewers, regardless of quality.

Busty

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
I don't think my position has changed since a year ago when you got really upset about Lone Star being cancelled. The show was a dog. It didn't debut poorly, it debuted disastrously. It didn't hold or grow, it dropped. I don't believe it was competition from the Event (I don't see why a female-targeted primetime dustbowl soap would compete with a male-targeted ensemble near-future sci-fi show, frankly), I simply believe that the show didn't register with network TV viewers, regardless of quality.

Agreed. People heralded it as a 'cable show' but it was dark or gritty. It featured a thoroughly unlikeable protagonist. The pilot even featured him stealing money from neighbours etc.

No complex Don Draper esque character there. Poorly written TV. Should have been a film it that was the writer's intention.

Moofers

My predictions/comments:

Whitney- If every episode features her in a hot nurse outfit like the pilot, then it'll enjoy many seasons of success. I actually liked this, but it might have been the costume. Won't see a 2nd season.

2 Broke Girls- Worst fuckin new sitcom this year. What's with the old black guy with the time-sensitive jokes? Really, a fuckin joke about Ahnold fucking the maid? Get outta here. He doesn't even DO anything at that diner. He's like a decoration or something that spits out terrible jokes. Cancelled after 4 episodes if there's a god, but will probably see a 2nd season just because of the way they ridiculously hike up Kat Denning's tits. Also, WOULD for the blonde. ;)

New Girl- Don't care for it. Stupid and predictable. And the whole "Oh my gosh I'm so cute and nerdy! I'm very good looking but I have no idea about that and I would just die if a cute boy talked to me!" BARF. Kill it with fire. Will probably survive the season though and get renewed. Also, TOKEN BLACK!

Playboy Club - Ho-lee-SHIT that main guy tries hard to act like Don Draper! The mannerisms, the way he speaks at times, its like he watched all 4 seasons of Mad Men on Blu-Ray before they filmed the pilot. Only Don Draper doesn't have that stupid look on his face like he's in the middle of taking a shit and getting surprising news at the same time. You know what the problem is with this show? Its fake. When I watch Mad Men, its believable. I feel like I'm watching something that happened 50+ years ago, where as when I'm watching The Playboy Club, I'm acutely aware of the fact that I'm watching actors play pretend like its the 1960's. Cancelled after 3 weeks.

Terra Nova - Why do these shows always have to have an older son in the family that you will have no choice but to hate? Anyway, not bad but I hope they aren't writing this as they go along like LOST. The writing at the Falls better have some meaning after all that hype. Will survive the season and barely get renewed for a 2nd.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I love how NBC passed up on Southland and TNT ran with it and made it an amazing show

Seriously, NBC is garbage

They try to fucking hard to get people to watch

Showing Whitney commercials of the same shit for 4+ weeks, gets annoying and people will go out of their way in spite not to watch it
The boyfriend was amazing on that TBS '80 show Glory Daze, great show that did not get renewed, fuckers =/

2 Broke Girls is confusing as fuck. I like looking @ Kat Dennings, but holy shit the jokes are horrible. It's like 3rd person joking, which is cringe worthy, and that other chick is just stereotypical boring. The jokes are Diablo Cody Juno"esque", almost self-aware.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Every time this thread is bumped, I expect news about The Playboy Club being cancelled. Every. Damn. Time. If it isn't this week, I'll be shocked.

GQman2121

Banned
I've actually been sucked into Ringer on The CW. It's not that good, but I can't help watching. I need to know things! It's like Mad Men for high school girls.

Also, if Gossip Girl gets canned, then no show on the network is safe.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2BG
I stayed for 2 Broke Girls after the 2.5 Men premier and thought the new show was more funny than the new old show. I do admit thinking that 2BG had that streak of heart that could make it a success after a few seasons, terrible comedy aside (I liken it to Friends that way).

That said, the entirety of the side characters (asian owner, russian cook, black cashier, nu rich mother, terrible cafe guests) are all so horrifically bad that this show may never have a chance. The heart seen with a jaded poor girl and a naive rich girl DOES have potential, not to mention comedic potential. Needs: better jokes, love interest.

Whitney
I gave it a shot, I really did -- I'm a sucker for multi cam and think if there's real chemistry and ad-libbing between the actors, not to mention an audience that doesn't try too hard, they can be really amazing after a few seasons. This is not it -- she's just not likable.

NBC:
1. Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier, Will & Grace <-- you can still find the magic!
2. The Office, Parks & Rec, 30 Rock, Community <-- don't learn the wrong lessons from these!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Better ratings news for Terra Nova:

Some encouraging news for Fox’s Terra Nova ahead of its key second airing tonight: Despite its modest opening with a 3.1 Live+Same Day rating among adults 18-49 that came in below expectations, the big-budget dinosaur drama has risen to No. 1 among all new drama series premieres this season with a healthy 1.0 rating bump in Live+3, bringing its 18-49 rating to a 4.1. That represents the largest L+3 gain for a new drama series. Fox’s comedy New Girl is the leader in L+3 gains for freshman series overall with an increase of 1.2 ratings points.

Also, Homeland debuts strong:

Showtime’s new drama Homeland premiered with 1.08 million viewers last night, delivering the pay cable network’s highest-rated drama debut in eight years, since Dead Like Me’s 1.11 million in June 2003. It was the third consecutive Showtime drama series premiere to post Showtime’s best numbers since Dead Like Me, starting with Shameless (982,000) in January and Borgias (1.06 million) in April.

Also, Dexter.

Dexter (2.2 million), which was 24% from last year and marked the hit series’ highest-rated premiere ever and Showtime’s best original series opener in 14 years, since Stargate in 1997.

BluWacky

GQman2121 said:
I've actually been sucked into Ringer on The CW. It's not that good, but I can't help watching. I need to know things! It's like Mad Men for high school girls.

Also, if Gossip Girl gets canned, then no show on the network is safe.

Gossip Girl's renew/cancel index (as per TV By the Numbers) is, if I've calculated it correctly, the second lowest on the network - above Nikita but below 90210. Of course it can get cancelled.

At last count Ringer had the third highest renew/cancel number after the two Thursday night shows. That's not to be sniffed at, even if the ratings are rubbish anyway.

Ringer and Revenge are the two best "soapy" shows this season, don't feel TOO ashamed.

Busty

Banned
Nemesis121 said:
wow a 1.2 for Fringe it's dead after this season...

Even as a fan of the show I know it's had a charmed life to get this far owing to WB and JJ Abrams doing whatever it takes to get this into a syndication sized amount of episodes.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
BluWacky said:
Gossip Girl's renew/cancel index (as per TV By the Numbers) is, if I've calculated it correctly, the second lowest on the network - above Nikita but below 90210. Of course it can get cancelled.

At last count Ringer had the third highest renew/cancel number after the two Thursday night shows. That's not to be sniffed at, even if the ratings are rubbish anyway.

Ringer and Revenge are the two best "soapy" shows this season, don't feel TOO ashamed.
true, enjoying them so far

Novid

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
It gives them a chance for a solid finale, but it also makes me so sad :(

Give Fox Credit on this one. It takes balls to renew a show like that. The ratings maybe faulty but we still got that DVR thing (which helped Terra Nova to tie Xfactor ratings point wise which proves my point it was the best new pilot drama this season) CBS had to be blowjobbed (or lets just say pussywhipped) to get Jericho to 30.

Novid

Banned
Busty said:
Even as a fan of the show I know it's had a charmed life to get this far owing to WB and JJ Abrams doing whatever it takes to get this into a syndication sized amount of episodes.

J.J. can fall on his sword. The rest of the showrunners (IM LOOKING AT YOU BRAGA) refuses to. Thats why JJ makes the big boy bucks and Braga has to beg Steven for a job every fucking time.

tsef

I've heard so much shit about Braga ever since the days of ST:TNG that I wonder how he can still work in this business and with such promising properties.

Ashhong

GraveRobberX said:
I love how NBC passed up on Southland and TNT ran with it and made it an amazing show

Seriously, NBC is garbage

I don't know what TNT had to do with it. Do they have some kind of say with the show? Southland was an amazing show before TNT picked it up, that's why we were all so excited that they did.

Playboy club is bad.
Free Agents is really bad.
2 Bad Girls is reallly really bad.
I like Harry's Law. I hope it continues past this season. But I really liked Boston Legal so maybe it just reminds me of that so far.

Oh and Whitney is fucking shit.

SteveWinwood said:
Playboy club is bad.
Free Agents is really bad.
2 Bad Girls is reallly really bad.
I like Harry's Law. I hope it continues past this season. But I really liked Boston Legal so maybe it just reminds me of that so far.

Oh and Whitney is fucking shit.

2 Broke Girls is really bad, but I watch Kat Dennings until something racist makes me turn it off (looking at you, Asian guy that should have died out with the Donger in 16 Candles)

So far, I have made it a total of 2 minutes before turning it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom