• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Storm's Cancelled Ghost Recon Title - Ghost Recon X

V_Ben

Banned
http://matturner.blogspot.co.uk/

Apparently cancelled in 2010 after 2.5 years of development.

Full HUD

QFVaO.jpg

datlg.jpg

05sVc.jpg

A9MjP.jpg

JcLfg.jpg

FrXsv.jpg

Menu Mockup

More Menus

Thoughts? Might be a good idea to rehost this stuff in case it gets pulled down

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
UI guy seemed to be having fun with placeholder text. I'd love a druid on my Ghost Recon squad.

Kinyou

Weird, you'd think after 2,5 years of development you'd just wrap it up and throw it on the market to get at least some money back.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuck yeah first person musical chairs.

Would've been the only good thing to come from it. Graphics look like a mess for 2009/2010 and the GUI is a little too busy for my taste.

Future Solders' GUI isn't that great either, but it's simple and clean and easy to understand. Too bad their gun upgrade GUI is bad.

Weird, you'd think after 2,5 years of development you'd just wrap it up and throw it on the market to get at least some money back.

If it was a bad game in the end then it's best to NOT release it and keep the franchise in a positive light.

Would've been the only good thing to come from it. Graphics look like a mess for 2009/2010 and the GUI is a little too busy for my taste.

Future Solders' GUI isn't that great either, but it's simple and clean and easy to understand. Too bad their gun upgrade GUI is bad.

Visuals are one of the last things to be fixed in a production. It's not the first priority, which is why it looked like shit. Lighting is not proper and there's probably a ton of placeholder stuff there.

Looks very GRAWish. Not a bad thing. Getting to set enemy behavior (I assume for some kind of firefight mode) would have been really cool.

xemumanic

Looks very GRAWish. Not a bad thing. Getting to set enemy behavior (I assume for some kind of firefight mode) would have been really cool.

Indeed it does. Being unfinished, the elements aren't all there, but as someone who played GRAW/GRAW 2 for years, it has that vibe, all in one screenshot.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looks like they were going to recycle GR2 again for the millionth time...

Player has customization setting control in that terrorist hunt mode AND it's 16 players

It's immediately better then "ghost recon" future soldier that removed all customization control from players minus map/time/mode.
Yeah if memory serves the new GR only has two co op modes, a horde type mode (which I'm tired of) and the campaign.

Mully

Ouch. Must have been an early version of the game. Color me biased (I was a SOCOM nerd) but I'm getting more of a SOCOM 3 vibe than anything.

Nemesis_

So does this have ANYTHING at all to do with Ubisoft Paris' Future Soldier or is this a completely different beast?

Top Bottom