• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya shits all over Kotaku

jett

D-Member
Summary of events: Kotaku twists a twitter post from Kamiya to write a sensationalist article, describing him as clueless about Valve and PC gaming, smearing all of Platinum in the process. Nevermind that Inaba, head of PG, had visited Valve recently. Kamiya finds out and goes to town.

t4uMY.jpg

gzdQi.png

14F2Q.png

protip: Plunkett writes from Kotaku.

Haunted

I don't know who's trolling who anymore with Kamiya's twitter (and it's been going on for quite some time).

So writing an article about one of his throwaway tweets when fans pester him probably wasn't the smartest idea Kotaku's ever had. >_>

JDSN

Banned
Another one:
PyLGa.png

Once again, predictably horrible display of journalism on kotaku's behalf, considering these quotes from Inaba:

"Console game development budgets are really big," he said, "so we need publishing partners to create those games. I was thinking — with our own money — about creating a PC title for Steam. It would give us the possibility to become a publisher, which is very attractive to me."

Inaba says he recently visited Valve when he attended PAX Prime in Seattle. He says Valve talked about its future goals, where the company was headed, and "things that we can't really talk about, unfortunately."

"We got the impression that they are a very open-minded company," he said.

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/24/3383184/platinum-games-on-pc-steam-kickstarter-tgs

Basically, not only are the extrapolating his views on japanese industry as a whole, but they are also unaware that PG is interested in getting their stuff on STEAM. Some quotes from the Kotaku article:

Title: The Guy Who Made Bayonetta Is Clueless about Valve and PC Gaming

While Western readers may feel that Kamiya not knowing about Valve is akin to an American developer not knowing about Nintendo, the statement is not all that surprising in context. After all, Valve is best known for its work with PC games and the creation of the Steam download service—both of which are largely irrelevant in Japan. Despite PC gaming having such a stellar 2012 in the West, the second half of his tweet accurately represents the general feeling toward PC gaming in Japan—a total lack of interest.

Hideki Kamiya also had a few words to say about "cloud" services such as Steam:

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya@PG_kamiya
Personally I don't like cloud thing, cuz it seems kinda unstable to me. Just personally. RT @Storm360

Again, this statement, while baffling to many in the Western world, is completely in line with the standard Japanese line of thinking. Japan is a country where CD rental is still a booming business despite that we live in a day and age where MP3 downloads are readily available.
Guy even assumes that Kamiya means Steam when he refers to "cloud" which are not necessarily identical concepts.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Kotaku: "Do you eat shit?"

Best Twitter feed ever.

vazel

Banned
I'm going to use the 'Do you eat shit?' line whenever someone asks me if I actually play the games I'm hating on.

d0c_zaius

sweet I'll add Plunket to the idiot list. Only a Yes man would think the title and tone of the article are legit.

Love Kamiya and hope he continues to not give a fuck.

Grief.exe

Platinum games + PC = amazing
Hopefully their visit to Valve worked out.

Kotaku is irrelevant as it has always been. We shouldn't link there at all to not give them hits.

Top Bottom