• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

ShaneB

I'm trying to think of a way to parlay my free game code to use for something else. My plan was to just get Mass Effect 3, but I'd love to order it from Origin and get BF3 pc for free.

Any idea how I could parlay my free game code to a free pre-order on Origin.

I guess if this is the worst thing on my mind today it's not a bad day...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You're right :)

It's says to meet right at yonge and dundas. There happens to be a Futureshop at that corner, so it makes sense. Says to show up from 12-4pm, and if you have a 3DS you can get a code using streetpass.

I'll be going with my 3DS, and I'll share the code here. :)
It doesn't look like the code will be of any use to us since it'll only be good for people trying to register. Remember when we needed to enter 4 codes? Well this one can replace one of those so they only need to figure out 3/4 of them. The only thing of use to current members will be taking a picture of the Mister Mii on your 3DS then posting it in the thread there for 1500xp.

Baha

The people that should have gotten your free game codes yesterday, did you? Cause I got nothing.

Codes should be going out soon, like in 17 mins:

tsilonAI said:
Update: Duplication checks found bizarre error with a few submissions. AI powered down to process solution. All codes updated by 12pm PST during current cycle. Apologies for delays.

krae_man

It doesn't look like the code will be of any use to us since it'll only be good for people trying to register. Remember when we needed to enter 4 codes? Well this one can replace one of those so they only need to figure out 3/4 of them. The only thing of use to current members will be taking a picture of the Mister Mii on your 3DS then posting it in the thread there for 1500xp.

Well, couldn't someone upload the pic of the mii they took for us then? Then we stick it on our 3DS's and bam XP. I'm not going to Toronto just for XP.

Edit: nevermind, that won't work. AI will probably check to see if they have street tags of said users.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Free game codes are coming? Woah.

Wait, how do you get said game codes? I started when this first broke out on gaf.

Well first you must be level 18, have one platform chosen of preference, have an avatar uploaded, three dailies and one challenge completed. Then you needed to have hit the site at about 5PM EST last week Tuesday to get in on the perk. Probably too late now as code distribution began last Friday. They said they'd have more of these in the future though IIRC.

Has no one received their game yet, or has everyone been using it on pre-orders? Got my code and ordered mine yesterday, processed today, scheduled for arrival tomorrow.

RS4-

Ugh, spent 15 mins playing Haunt, didn't know when it actually saves...exited back to menu and yeah, back to the start of the game.

edit - hrm, I have to make two separate FS orders since I can't stick my gift card + the free game perk.

Baha

Quick question but using the code, how long does it take to get a confirmation email on the order? I completed the order but it says it's still processing and will update shortly.

*Edit: Nvm, no email yet but the order page updated. Guess it worked :D

EGM92

I'm looking at the top of the page where the level is displayed and noticed that theres a little white square. Anyone notice this? also in the status page at the bottom where it has the 4 different icons, the one with the 4 bars has a tiny white square below it.

Anyone else have this?

I'm looking at the top of the page where the level is displayed and noticed that theres a little white square. Anyone notice this? also in the status page at the bottom where it has the 4 different icons, the one with the 4 bars has a tiny white square below it.

Anyone else have this?

Yes but

omg-double-rainbow-what-does-it-mean_design.png

lupinko

Well first you must be level 18, have one platform chosen of preference, have an avatar uploaded, three dailies and one challenge completed. Then you needed to have hit the site at about 5PM EST last week Tuesday to get in on the perk. Probably too late now as code distribution began last Friday. They said they'd have more of these in the future though IIRC.

Has no one received their game yet, or has everyone been using it on pre-orders? Got my code and ordered mine yesterday, processed today, scheduled for arrival tomorrow.

Oh ok, I kinda stopped caring before this all happened. Good to know.

Jagxyz

Got my game on the 14th (preordered Twisted Metal).

whitehawk

Banned
Ugh, spent 15 mins playing Haunt, didn't know when it actually saves...exited back to menu and yeah, back to the start of the game.

edit - hrm, I have to make two separate FS orders since I can't stick my gift card + the free game perk.
Yeah I pre-ordered SSX.

KarmaCow

Bah the free game code only works for one title? I was hoping to get both Devil Survivor 2 and Kid Icarus. They both come out to $60 with the $5 preorder discount on both titles but the discount only applied to Devil Survivor.

Orca

Pre-ordered Dragon's Dogma. I was a little nervous when it showed it failed the first time, but I just had to verify my credit card info before it would work.

Nivert

Is there any way to select which game to use the code towards if I have 2 in my cart? It seems to always go towards the cheapest one :/

LeetBM

Neo Member

Anyone else have this?

Yes, I have that badge filled in too. Not sure what it means.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Who knows information about this Violetone page? I'm reading in the forum about a Vancouver and Toronto live meetup. Looks like the Toronto one already happened? I see people who Streetpassed a Mii and got a Violetone code. Anyone know where to enter the code?

Any info would be great.

Maddog

Who knows information about this Violetone page? I'm reading in the forum about a Vancouver and Toronto live meetup. Looks like the Toronto one already happened? I see people who Streetpassed a Mii and got a Violetone code. Anyone know where to enter the code?

Any info would be great.

From what I read basically people could use the Violetone key to get into the site (kinda like when we had to do the blue, green, yellow etc codes to get to the main part of the site). If you are already in the site people could submit a picture of the Mii they got at the meetup for 1500XP

whitehawk

Banned

Any info would be great.
I went to the meetup in Toronto. I was hoping there was actually going to be a meetup, but there wasn't. I did run into the streetpass I was looking for. His greeting was supposed to be the code I enter on the website. However I thought I could view what the greeting was later by looking at the Mii, but apparently I can't, so I can't share the code =/

I thought it said Miiyamoto or Miiamoto or something, but they don't work....
From what I read basically people could use the Violetone key to get into the site (kinda like when we had to do the blue, green, yellow etc codes to get to the main part of the site). If you are already in the site people could submit a picture of the Mii they got at the meetup for 1500XP
edit: Oh, the greeting/key was for new members? Well then, I guess that's why the code won't work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Got my copy of Soul Calibur friday afternoon, ordered it on Wednesday. Been playing it since so I didn't post. :p

Thank you LeetBM and thank you tsilon.ca!

LeetBM

Neo Member
Just a heads up, you had to go to Futureshop to get the streetpass today. Another fact to help with your quest.

Well, it's obvious that Future Shop is heavily involved in this. I was debating whether they're the architects of the site or the retail partner. My gut feeling is it's the latter. It just seems so out-of-box for Future Shop to be the owners. I mean this mystery has been going on for a year now, lots of money has gone into it, and so far I don't see much return on investment for Future Shop. Quite frankly, they would be losing significant dollars since everything is discounted and/or free. It just doesn't add up.

Still think it's Victor Lucas!

I like Victor Lucas, he be cool. I think Future Shop is obviously the sponsor for the whole thing, or partner, whatever you want to call it. I doubt it's THEIR site though.

Presco

I'm trying to get to the bottom of who is behind this website, and I came up with four theories. What do you all think?

http://www.nextgenplayer.com/2012/02/4-theories-on-who-misters-are.html

Ok, I really don't want to come off as an ass here and don't mean to backseat mod. Lots of people, myself included, have gotten some great stuff from tsilon.

That said, you blog for futureshop and you constantly pimp your site, which itself seems to only talk about tsilon or republish stuff previously published for futureshop. Maybe you're just an excited member of the futureshop online community and are really just super interested in the whole tsilon.ca thing but it is becoming harder for me to believe.

Again, not taking anything away from tsilon. I love that site and am super happy something like it exists. But please tone down the cross promotion.

Sorry for the derail everyone.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Maybe you're just an excited member of the futureshop online community and are really just super interested in the whole tsilon.ca thing

Not sure how to respond other than what you said in the second paragraph is true. Between blogging for Future Shop and reporting on Tsilon activities I don't have a lot of time to create more content on NextGen Player. The fact that it's Future Shop has nothing to do with my interest on the site, I could care less who the retail partner is. I just really think it's an interesting website and I love the mystery.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Hey, everyone. In case you didn't see in the Tsilon forums, I'm giving away 25 double passes to see an advance screening of Act of Valor in OTTAWA, HALIFAX, and WINNIPEG. Thought I'd give everyone here first dibs on them.

Movie is playing on February 23rd @7pm. Send me an email with the location in the subject line if you want tickets!

paul@nextgenplayer.com

If you want more details on locations and the movie, I posted the info here:

http://www.nextgenplayer.com/2012/02/giving-away-advance-screening-tickets.html

Top Bottom