• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Despite the rain, still wore my R2s. Definitely comfier than the R1 and a touch more so than the Iniki though the huge block on the inside near my arch is still throwing me off. I do like them overall though.

I've also realized that I really don't care for PK versions at all for my NMDs. The markup for PK over mesh is just not worth it and I find that the mesh seems to have more structure to the shoe. So yeah, unless it's a cw that I really want, skipping on any further R2s until the mesh version or the PK style that was like the white/red come out.

DominoKid

We had an XI drop today and it was like no one cared. JB should've made that a hyper strike in celebration of the UNC win and only sold in 1 shop in NC and SNKRS.

I wish they'd crank out a new batch of the Pantone 11s with UNC logo to celebrate the win. it'd be war in the streets here though lol.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ordered the invader strap from ADC. They have it for 50% off. Hopefully the sizing is not weird.

They fit me fine in length but do feel a little narrow. Since its ADC maybe you should try a couple of sizes since they have the free returns.

What color you get? I ended up with the Onyx greys.

They fit me fine in length but do feel a little narrow. Since its ADC maybe you should try a couple of sizes since they have the free returns.

What color you get? I ended up with the Onyx greys.

Damn, narrow would be a pain. I was planning to go half size up but saw reviews suggesting people go half size down. So picked my usual 11. But like you said, returns are free.

Got the red! If they are comfortable, might get the blue ones too.

xRpAVRl.png

What happens to the boost material? Does water soak into it?

I would imagine they smell awful after a few rain wears

I've worn my various boost pairs in the rain a bunch of times but I've never had them smell or had water soak in. I do admit that my UB 2.0s are discolored but I've also got a crack in the boost right where the ball of my foot is and I've practically wore the shoes everyday - both shoes have the crack in the sole & boost. Other than that pair, the others are still white.

The other thing I do hate is how fast I've worn the soles of my UBs down. They developed the cracks less than a year of owning them.The Continental sole layer seems far thinner than any other shoe I've owned. The sole wearing down as fast as it has is one of the other reasons as to why I'm very reluctant to constantly buy UBs aside from the $180 price tag.

Anyone have the asics kayano knits? They look pretty damn nice and I've been meaning to buy an asic for the first time. The only thing is the black colorway is just kinda meh

soultron

Banned
Anyone have the asics kayano knits? They look pretty damn nice and I've been meaning to buy an asic for the first time. The only thing is the black colorway is just kinda meh
I have them. Check my post history or go back a few pages in this thread.

Wore them today. I love them but it seems they're a brick because they're not OOS anywhere. Wait for a sale. There are also other CWs other than the white and black, so check those out. I also have a feeling we'll be getting more CWs this summer.

BizzyBum

I'm looking to buy a couple new pairs of kicks but I'm pretty clueless on what's in cause I rarely spend money on clothes.

Basically I'm looking for something that looks good with almost any attire, from going out in jeans and a button down to casual shorts and graphic tee, that will also match most color combos.

Any recommendations? I'm not partial to any certain brands, if it looks good I'll wear it.

I'm looking to buy a couple new pairs of kicks but I'm pretty clueless on what's in cause I rarely spend money on clothes.

Basically I'm looking for something that looks good with almost any attire, from going out in jeans and a button down to casual shorts and graphic tee, that will also match most color combos.

Any recommendations? I'm not partial to any certain brands, if it looks good I'll wear it.

Are you looking for comfort?

Any pair of white or black shoes will do honestly. Or dark navy.

Cheaper options, Converse or Vans.

The more expensive options would be your Ultraboosts but I kinda feel like they wouldn't work with a button down lol.

You got you OG adidas superstars. Or if you want to be hood-rich casual, the ever so classic Air Force 1s.

I can't really point you in the right direction tho because the silhouettes are all so different.

I personally like Jordan 1s as they're very versatile. You can find the white/black or black/white pairs for fairly cheap now and they go with everything.

its become a habit of mines to check this thread every day/every other day to see if there are any new sneakers dropping that I might be interested in lol

BizzyBum

Are you looking for comfort?

Any pair of white or black shoes will do honestly. Or dark navy.

Cheaper options, Converse or Vans.

The more expensive options would be your Ultraboosts but I kinda feel like they wouldn't work with a button down lol.

You got you OG adidas superstars. Or if you want to be hood-rich casual, the ever so classic Air Force 1s.

I can't really point you in the right direction tho because the silhouettes are all so different.

I personally like Jordan 1s as they're very versatile. You can find the white/black or black/white pairs for fairly cheap now and they go with everything.

Thanks, I checked out a bunch of different options from what you recommended. The Nike UltraForce 1's were nice but a bit expensive. That's kinda the style I was going for. I ended up buying 4 pairs of Vans because they looked nice and were the cheapest options out of everything I checked out.

I ended up with 2 pairs of Canvas Sk8-Hi's (black and white), gray Atwoods, and a dark blue Chauffeur SF. Each pair was only $60.

Wait, the NMD gum sole city socks already had a US release? They are getting a EU drop next week, but sites are saying they already dropped stateside.

I must have completely forgot it happening or missed it entirely lol.

I wish they'd crank out a new batch of the Pantone 11s with UNC logo to celebrate the win. it'd be war in the streets here though lol.

Why celebrate the alma mater of the greates basketball player and their winning the Tournament.

Nike just low key dropping the ball lately besides the Space Jams and Royal 1s.

Wait what?? I don't remember any release.
I don't either. I'm quite confused how I missed the US drop, if there indeed was one. I remember they were originally supposed to release Feb 4, but they got delayed until April for both the US and EU.

EU for confirmed for next week, and the US....?¿

Going to tweet @adidasoriginals and see they respond lol

Fjordson

I don't either. I'm quite confused how I missed the US drop, if there indeed was one. I remember they were originally supposed to release Feb 4, but they got delayed until April for both the US and EU.

EU for confirmed for next week, and the US....?¿

Going to tweet @adidasoriginals and see they respond lol
Damn, hope we get a normal release. I want both pairs.

My cousin is currently vacationing in Hawaii but since I had such good luck with copping the navy Inikis (he ironically wanted the very same pair but missed out) he's asking me to get him a pair.

Edit: After texting back and forth, looks like I'll be going for the charcoal pair with the turbo red stripes. At least the stock looks decent on them.

Nike's finally going after that Hoka One One crowd.

Considering picking up a new pair of running shoes for this upcoming summer season and I've currently been avoiding picking up Hokas because those things are just pure tanks on your feet and yet, I find myself really curious about the Zoom Flys. I'd prefer the Vaporflys as I'm a fan of the ankle cuff but those shoes were never coming out to us mere mortals.

Gonna have to wait to see those in person before deciding. Still need to pick up my LE2s to supplement my LE lows.

Top Bottom