• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Kind of. Yoshichan is Admin, but he's been a no-show in D3 for years, and the last time I broached the subject of elevating someone else to the position, it ended with "but then I'd have to install the game to access clan settings".

Of the remaining moderators, 2 haven't been online in over half a year, and the remaining 4 are usually there during seasons, including me. Outside of seasons, there's not so much activity, but I try to enter folks into the clan whenever someone asks here.

For all intents and purposes, it's mostly me and Nokterian running things. Well, if you want in, just say the word and I'll add you.

I'm one of the retired EU Admins, I play on PS4 these days, but if I'm needed for invites on the PC end I can help out, the game's still installed. :)

Xanathus

Kind of. Yoshichan is Admin, but he's been a no-show in D3 for years, and the last time I broached the subject of elevating someone else to the position, it ended with "but then I'd have to install the game to access clan settings".

Of the remaining moderators, 2 haven't been online in over half a year, and the remaining 4 are usually there during seasons, including me. Outside of seasons, there's not so much activity, but I try to enter folks into the clan whenever someone asks here.

For all intents and purposes, it's mostly me and Nokterian running things. Well, if you want in, just say the word and I'll add you.

At this point you should just make another EU GAF clan with currently active players as officers. It sounds like Yoshican wouldn't give a fuck about that.

Dunfisch

I'm one of the retired EU Admins, I play on PS4 these days, but if I'm needed for invites on the PC end I can help out, the game's still installed. :)

Oh, I know :D ... I believe pre-ROS, we used to run the stairs to Belial, where I'd gather up and EP-tag snakes and you, Yoshi and dunno who was fourth would then blow them up. He was running Wizard at the time. Shame, the things he's missed out on since...

At this point you should just make another EU GAF clan with currently active players as officers. It sounds like Yoshican wouldn't give a fuck about that.

Well, there's that, but then I've got a soft spot for the crazed dinosaur. I guess he'll ride again when the D2 remaster comes out.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I finally got around to buying the Necromance pack Friday night and played quite a bit this weekend. Started with story mode, figured new class so why not take him through the story? Besides, I’ve not played the story mode in years, lol.

Through a combination of the bonus XP weekend, Master difficulty (Paragon 710), crafting a Cains Set as soon as I could, and wearing a Leoric’s Crown with a super ruby in it, I managed to literally hit level 70 on my shiny new necromancer right as I killed the Butcher and completed Act 1. Holy hell, 0 to 70 all in Act 1!!!!

My thoughts on the necro: I’m finding him fun. I’ve been playing with various skills and trying different things out, haven’t even bothered to look for any builds online yet. Once I hit 70 I threw on a hodge podge of Ancient Legendaries I had in the stash and now I’m playing Act II in T3, and I feel like I can still bump that up quite a bit yet because things literally explode at my feet. It’s an interesting class. In D2 the necro was my favorite class by a large margin, I had immense skeletal armies thanks to an inventory full of +1 skelly grand charms. I miss that feeling of commanding a huge army, and I wish the skeletal mages were more than just a “plop one down for a few seconds” trick, but at least the golem is there.

Still, I’m gonna play out the rest of the campaign mode before I start the next season. Having fun so far, but not sure yet if he will become my new favorite class or not.

Xanathus

PSA If you're planning on playing seasons this week, you should not do this week's challenge rift until after the season starts and you've created a seasonal character so that you can claim the challenge rift reward on your seasonal character. There's also a possibility that you may have to complete a GR rift on your seasonal character before you can do or claim the challenge rift reward.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Oh, I know :D ... I believe pre-ROS, we used to run the stairs to Belial, where I'd gather up and EP-tag snakes and you, Yoshi and dunno who was fourth would then blow them up. He was running Wizard at the time. Shame, the things he's missed out on since...
Good times!

My Wizard is still rocking an Energy Twister/Azureblade build. :D

Brings back memories of Thunderfury x2 and Azureblade dropping all in the same run once.. Yoshi was going ape shit.

Dunfisch

Good times!

My Wizard is still rocking an Energy Twister/Azureblade build. :D

Brings back memories of Thunderfury x2 and Azureblade dropping all in the same run once.. Yoshi was going ape shit.

Pahaha! Man, I know during RoS launch he was stone-cold adamant about continuing to use his Azurewrath, when all of us were like "Dude, the new loot shits all over it, you'll have to drop it 2, 3 levels in at most", and he was "No way, I'll use this forever!"... and then he transmoged a new weapon to look like it and we called him out on that. BURN. I'm sure he's feeling a tingle at the back of his neck, what with all of us talking about him here.

Well, people know how to find me. I'll be there this thursday, naturally.

Xanathus

Been farming gobs all day on the Upper Realm of Cursed Fate map and got all of the pets droppable from pet gobs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdnP_sOeZI

Not gonna farm it any more though even though I really want the Cosmic Wings because even with the high rate of goblins you get from doing it, the chances of the goblin being a Rainbow Goblin, AND THEN having the unique monster spawn in the rainbow level is abysmally low. I'll just have to be satisfied with the Set Dungeon Mastery wings or Trag'oul Necro wings for season 11.

kennah

I won't join this season, I have too much to do.

Probably see y'all there.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Been farming gobs all day on the Upper Realm of Cursed Fate map and got all of the pets droppable from pet gobs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdnP_sOeZI

Not gonna farm it any more though even though I really want the Cosmic Wings because even with the high rate of goblins you get from doing it, the chances of the goblin being a Rainbow Goblin, AND THEN having the unique monster spawn in the rainbow level is abysmally low. I'll just have to be satisfied with the Set Dungeon Mastery wings or Trag'oul Necro wings for season 11.

Wha, is there a new place to farm rainbow goblins? I've barely ever come across one or two despite looking hard for them...

eek5

Wha, is there a new place to farm rainbow goblins? I've barely ever come across one or two despite looking hard for them...

It's the new zone (Upper Realm of Cursed Fate A4). You port in and theres only 2-3 dead ends to check. Only check the first floor and don't move into the area where text will pop up on your screen. About 30% chance to spawn and takes less than 30 seconds to clear on class that can move around quickly.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
If anyone's going to be farming goblins, you might as well join one of the rainbow goblin farming communities while you're at it. Maybe they'll be more useful now.

Xanathus

If anyone's going to be farming goblins, you might as well join one of the rainbow goblin farming communities while you're at it. Maybe they'll be more useful now.

I joined Cosmetics Farming. Lemme tell you, it's just a bunch of leechers there. 4+ hours of farming and I was literally the only person offering Rainbow Goblins.

Akai XIII

I'm fairly active in the EU clan - I check the thread several times a day if I'm not at work, but if someone needs an invite I'm happy to do it too, just send a PM and add akai#1649.

I stopped playing as I didn't want to burn out before the season started - that and dinged over 1k paragon. FFXII has taken my time in the last week.

I joined Cosmetics Farming. Lemme tell you, it's just a bunch of leechers there. 4+ hours of farming and I was literally the only person offering Rainbow Goblins.

rainbow gobs are rare regardless of farming path. I used to do those runs until I got my Cosmic wings. If you get rainbow 1 in 20 gob spawns, you're doing well.

IceMarker

HORRORSHØW;243761856 said:
is there a bug with the armory or something? lost my 80+ gem

There shouldn't be, definitely double check your entire stash, I know I've switched builds a few times and thought I lost a gem, but it turned out it was just automatically placed in a funky spot. Happens more often with less organized stashes than mine I would imagine.

Dunfisch

HORRORSHØW;243761856 said:
is there a bug with the armory or something? lost my 80+ gem

A known, albeit rare issue. Nobody knows why it happens, really. I can only recommend searching thouroughly, too. If it's gone for good, oof.

It can be entirely negated by unsocketing your gear before saving it in the armory. You'll still have to swap in / out the gems, but they can't get eaten.

Xanathus

Haven't decided whether to just level up normally in rifts which will take 3+ hours, or do the HotA guillotines thing which is mind-numbingly boring but takes 2 hours. Maybe just a mix depending on who's online at the time.

oh shit, new season tomorrow eh? Think I'm gonna play my first Crusader. Is it a fun class?

Seems to be fine, but is not a class that does groups. As you probably know, partying is how good, volume item drops and paragon growth works. It's just significantly more efficient. There is no higher 4-man GR group composition that I'm aware of that works with Crusaders at present. In fact, I'm pretty sure literally every other class can work in a GR85-100 composition *except* Crusader.

So at worst, you'll want to have a second class to that you can speed level and then group rift with.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seems to be fine, but is not a class that does groups. As you probably know, partying is how good, volume item drops and paragon growth works. It's just significantly more efficient. There is no higher 4-man GR group composition that I'm aware of that works with Crusaders at present. In fact, I'm pretty sure literally every other class can work in a GR85-100 composition *except* Crusader.

So at worst, you'll want to have a second class to that you can speed level and then group rift with.

dude asks if the class is fun, you are giving him min-max details on paragon levels...come on dude :p

oh shit, new season tomorrow eh? Think I'm gonna play my first Crusader. Is it a fun class?

Yes, the crusader is a fun class to play, they're definitely one of my favourites. They can potentially run 85-100 gr's too. Their sets can be a blast, especially rolands and seeker of the light. I think their lon bombard builds are still their 'strongest' somehow, but I don't find them that fun to play. I prefer hammers, shield bash, or the sweep attack. They also have some of the sickest looking armor sets in the game. Can't go wrong with a crusader.

Yes, the crusader is a fun class to play, they're definitely one of my favourites. They can potentially run 85-100 gr's too. Their sets can be a blast, especially rolands and seeker of the light. I think their lon bombard builds are still their 'strongest' somehow, but I don't find them that fun to play. I prefer hammers, shield bash, or the sweep. They also have some of the sickest looking armor sets in the game. Can't go wrong with a crusader.

Sounds great. I'm hyped.

KarmaCow

Is there a comparison of all the female vs male Necromancer lines? I mean of course there is one but I can't find it. Not sure what to pick for the new season tomorrow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there a comparison of all the female vs male Necromancer lines? I mean of course there is one but I can't find it. Not sure what to pick for the new season tomorrow.

for what its worth I was super disapointed with the female :/

Just bought the Necro!

Waiting for Seasons now, going in this completely blind. Havn't looked at any abilities or sets.

Just now catching up some shit like Upper realm farm for goblins, already got 2 pets and it's going pretty quick. Seems like this spot will be used a lot in seasons for the mats and many champ spawns.

Raticus79

Hmm, guess this upper realm farm could be a good way to work on those command skeletons kills for the Necro achievement wings.
Edit: yeah, it works well enough. There are usually a few elites each time. Command Skeletons works over those gaps too.

Raticus79

I'm going Monk this time - wasn't feeling the Necro playstyle so far, and I like being able to bring that support with Inna's. It'll be interesting to see how many people go with Necro in the season.

Ultratech

I'm probably gonna go with a Wizard this season.
Haven't played one in a long time.
(Plus I still need the Set Dungeons for Wiz.)

May roll a WD or Necro as a secondary later on.

I'm going Monk this time - wasn't feeling the Necro playstyle so far, and I like being able to bring that support with Inna's. It'll be interesting to see how many people go with Necro in the season.

I have put maybe 30-40 hours into the Necro in non-season play. I was going to roll Necro again for the new season, but have decided to return to my favorite class, Wizard. I haven't played one in a few seasons, and I can always make use of leftover Int gear for a secondary Necro or WD. I have a lot of fun with the Trag'oul Corpse Lance build, but it is a kinda weird playstyle that I got used to, but wish there was a really fun pet build. Rathma's set doesn't excite me very much, and Revive is not that great a skill right now.

Dunfisch

Wrapping up the first day with P79 - pretty shabby, to be honest - but full Unhallowed Essence, a decent DML quiver to go with for now, and a brutal Dawn. 2968 Damage, 10% CDR, 63% unique roll. It's not like... primal, but hot damn. I was like "Christ, I can't salvage that."

Probably roll out Vitality for 10% damage and socket it whenever I find a Gift. Doubt I'll find a better one this season.

Well, with this I'm comfortably rolling T8, more would be possible damage-wise, but I need to grind the Paragon for more toughness. Here's to a good season!

Top Bottom