• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Conor 419

Banned
How is it that two weeks ago, I had zero fucks to give about this game, and now I'm more insanely hyped than I have been in a very long time?

Same here chums, I think it's down to the depth of the multiplayer combined with the sheer content everywhere else.

Cannot.Wait.

thefro

I don't want to speak for Solid SOAP but I think I agree with the point he is trying to make.

In the same way that Mario 64 was a major departure from it's predecessors, this is definitely a major a departure/expansion from what had existed previously.

In that sense, Punch Out!! Wii is the polar opposite of KI:U. The gameplay is as similar to its predecessors as New Super Mario is the original.

Punch Out was definitely a lot more popular than Kid Icarus and the original still holds up really well. There also was the SNES sequel, so it hasn't taken the 20+ year break that KI has.

A new Kid Icarus would still be radically different, even if someone was less radical than what Sakurai has done.

PALUTENA (RARE) how rare could this card be when anyone can get it free
KuGsj.gif

nickcv

i have to admit that the only reason cause i open this thread once a day it's to see if the OP changed XD

anyhow what do you think are the odds that we are going to get a demo on the eshop of this one?

and do you guys think there's any chance that the demo will include a taste of local/online multiplayer?
after all this game focus a lot on that aspect...

backlot

i have to admit that the only reason cause i open this thread once a day it's to see if the OP changed XD

anyhow what do you think are the odds that we are going to get a demo on the eshop of this one?

and do you guys think there's any chance that the demo will include a taste of local/online multiplayer?
after all this game focus a lot on that aspect...

Honestly, chances of us getting a demo of any game seem pretty slim. At least in America.

Jarsonot

Alright guys, I'm a long time fan of the original Kid Icarus on the NES, and like tons of people I've wanted another game for years and years. When this one was announced I got hyped, then all I saw was people bashing it, and I instantly went dark right after the first screenshot were released months and months ago. I haven't read anything about it, or seen any video or screens since that time.

I only know that it recently got the 40/40 score, and hype has totally started back up again.

Without spoiling anything, lets see if you can summarize why I should let lose and go into full hype mode once again. I don't want to be disappointed people. What in the world happened to the project to get things going like this again?

Honestly if you haven't seen anything on this game you're going to be surprised, since you're a fan of the first.

It's pretty much nothing like the first. It's a "new" Kid Icarus game and (from what I've read and seen) is more of a half-and-half shooter and 3rd person shooter, with what seems like very little emphasis on platforming and whatnot.

Having said that, it looks awesome, apparently has a TON of replay value (lengthy replayable single-player, plus multiplayer, plus collectibles), and seems to be getting rave reviews. You should be excite. =)

isny

napkin dispenser
So wait, they packed 6 AR cards in with the game? So in total with the Club Nintendo cards we'll get 9? Nice!

Top Bottom