• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion…

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
digita1alchemy said:
I wish it could be straight-up dawg time, all the time.

Sounds like infomercial.

With __Product X__, it can be straight-up dawg time, all the time!

digita1alchemy said:
I wish it could be straight-up dawg time, all the time.
It can be

It can be

SF_Cowboy2.jpg

Geek

Ninny Prancer
cuyahoga said:
Originally Posted by Geek:
Why do you guys just assume that he's pirating this game? You can rent DS carts via Gamefly.

Look, he even said he was going to rent it months ago:

http://twitter.com/supererogatory/status/2611096160
That's not me.

My mistake. I thought that since his NeoGAF account was approved the week you started posting and that many of your posts are links off to superannuation, that you might be the same person.

And that you're both Australian and both love Mark Ecko's Getting Up, Everything or Nothing, the SSX series, the NBA Street series, Imagine: Party Babyz, Tork, and the works of PopCap more than just about anyone else I've ever seen on the internet, you can see how I might make that assumption.

Especially since you both consider Majora's Mask the only good Zelda game. And that you both went on a Brutal Legend media blackout.

I mean, in my defense, not many people hold Sega Marine Fishing in that high regard.

Plus, how often do you hear the phrase "honest to blog"? Not that often.

Apologies for the confusion, though.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
[Nintex] said:

I'm sorry it just can't be quoted enough. This is the best laugh I've got from gaf in a while. Serious side hurting laughter. :lol :lol :lol
citizenkane.gif

wrowa

Geek said:
My mistake. I thought that since his NeoGAF account was approved the week you started posting and that many of your posts are links off to superannuation, that you might be the same person.

And that you're both Australian and both love Mark Ecko's Getting Up, Everything or Nothing, the SSX series, the NBA Street series, Imagine: Party Babyz, Tork, and the works of PopCap more than just about anyone else I've ever seen on the internet, you can see how I might make that assumption.

Especially since you both consider Majora's Mask the only good Zelda game. And that you both went on a Brutal Legend media blackout.

I mean, in my defense, not many people hold Sega Marine Fishing in that high regard.

And we are calling JoshuaJSlone a stalker.

squall211

Dudebro is my new favorite word. If someone actually made a game with that name in the title, I'd buy it, even if it was made by Tim Langdell.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've now begun work on the script for the opening cutscene for Dudebro. I will post later.

Jocchan said:

the master sword. :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Geek said:

Do you keep a database filled with every GAFfer's IRL locations and gaming preferences?

[edit] oh shit, Jocchan! :lol so good!

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Danthrax said:
Do you keep a database filled with every GAFfer's IRL locations and gaming preferences?
No, but I used to follow @supererogatory on Twitter for a while and some of those particular quirks in taste and atypical opinions leaped out at me. When cuyahoga started posting on NeoGAF, I just assumed they were the same person. When cuyahoga said supererogatory/superannuation wasn't him, I decided to see if I remembered certain things correctly. But maybe I remembered all those things and other things wrong...

I probably know about two dozen GAFers locations and gaming preferences, mostly people who I know in the real(er) world. My brodawgs, if you will.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jocchan said:

thetrin said:
It is the year 21XX. B.R.O Alliance Forces roll across the Middle East. Shit has gotten real.

The hot vaguely Middle Eastern sun beats down onto the sand as explosions deafen the year and dust obscures vision. A tent sits just meters behind the frontline, its loose fabric flapping in the wind.

Inside, a scar-faced general stands in front of a tactical map. Several soldiers sit before him, but only one there matters. His mane is glorious, and his stare an icy, deadly one.

“Dude,” the general growls, “we’ve called you in from the frontlines for a very important mission.”

“How much worse can it get?” Dudebro growls, stroking his beard and beating women off with a stick.

“We have reason to believe that Pesquali, one of the most dangerous terrorists to ever live is alive, and he’s selling weapons to the Middle East.”

“Which part?”

“All of it.”

The general sticks a Polaroid picture of the eye-scarred and mustachioed Pesquali on the map.

“Pesquali is mine,” Dudebro roars. “He fucked my shit up, so I’m going to have to shoot him.”

“Or slice him,” Dudebro’s sidekick Chicken interjects.

“Yes, or slice him,” Dudebro responds as he chews menacingly on his own tongue. “I haven’t decided which yet.”

“You’re going to have a lot of time to make your choice, Dudebro,” the general says. “Pesquali was just spotted in Mexico City. Follow the guns, find our man.”

As Chicken and Dudebro step out of the tent, the wind begins the pick up, and sand begins to black out the sky.

“Are we leaving immediately, Dude?” Chicken asks.

“Eff yeah, Chicken,” Dudebro answers. “It’s Straight-up Dawg Time.”

Dudebro strikes. (sorry, I'm not a fantastic comedy writer :\

Rikyfree

cuyahoga said:
I'm thirty minutes in, and thus far it is, honest to blog, one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I have had all year.

In case you think I'm lying for whatever reason, here's my DS upper screen.
You are part of the problem.

Tarazet

cuyahoga said:
You are some sort of parental-caretaker-type who has to constantly appease the baby and ensure its safety, and of course, guide its way to fashion stardom. I'm only thirty minutes in and I went into this completely blind, so I'm still caretaking on day one. Caretaking is done through a combination of mini-games and Sims-style management, and it seems you pass a day by filling four hearts by doing things that the baby wants you to do.

Also, your baby is sartorially aware, and you have to ensure it is dressed in accordance to its very specific tastes.

So, how do you like being a Ubisoft shill? Good benefits? How's the pay?

thetrin

John said:
Comedy? You think this is a joke or something?

It isn't! That's why I didn't bother with any comedy in the script.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
tenritsu said:
I guess Dudebro answers the question to that "what game would GAF make" thread.

Needs more multiplayer with a game-breaking glitch that assholes will defend as "intended part of the game."

freitax

hmm I don't know... I feel like dudebro needs more cannabis leafs around him, I mean he's dude enough, but is he bro enough?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ScrabbleBanshee said:
I'm pretty sure "Rent" is code for "Torrent" in this situation.
Or maybe it's a code for "Read this thread? I didn't" :p

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Cohsae said:
Yeah you have to have the intro mission in which shit gets fucked up, before straight up dawg time is confirmed.
And the game will end with Old Dudebro telling his story to his nephews, with one of them congratulating and saying "Cool story, Dudebro!". Cut to black. End credits (with soundtrack by Marilyn Manson).
This game needs to happen.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
TheEastonator said:
I count well over a dozen muscles on his chest alone :lol
Sorry, I should have added more but I was running out of space :(

freitax said:
hmm I don't know... I feel like dudebro needs more cannabis leafs around him, I mean he's dude enough, but is he bro enough?
Yes I concur, not enough hilarious pot references to truly be dudebro.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Igo said:
I feel like his collar should be popped too.
He can't, because of the space marine armor hidden below his military shirt.
Oh wait, this was supposed to be a secret.

Top Bottom