• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got bitten by a puppy. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fort-wayne-indiana-photographer-family-2week-3web.jpg

A two week old puppy to take people's minds off this ridiculous thread.
Puppers!

Saerk

Go to bed. If it looks inflamed in the morning schedule something with your doctor to look at it. Don't go to the hospital. Only thing you'd likely need is some antibiotics.

Malreyn

At least go to the doctor's in the morning to get some antibiotics....a dog's mouth has bacteria and you should be more concerned about cellulitis or something rather than rabies.

You're from SEA?

Well OP I have bad news for me. About 60% of all dogs in SEA have rabies. Now to make sure, you have to take your friends puppy to a vet. Now, this isn't that bad, they just have to kill the puppy to confirm the rabies. But for your health OP, I think your friend will understand.

Remember, you dont' want to die a rabies death OP. That's just horrible.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You celebrating 420 a little too hard today OP? A 2 week old puppy should barely have any of its teeth come in yet. Their eyes are barely open. You must be asking whether you need to amputate after a paper cut.

Metalmarc

Well the OP is from South East Asia it i think, not the US, oops i misread it as Seattle

Shut up I'm from the UK so i dont know all the State abbriviations, i assume Seattle is SA not SEA, my bad.

i'd imagine worse you'd need is a tetanus , i'm still alive 10yrs later after a Puppy Bite OP.

akira28

they told him that a puppy's rabies was most deadly within the first 2 weeks of life. There are people fucking with the OP in real life over this shit, LMAO. GAF is the least of his problems. dude already has a name for himself. victim of puppy power.

OP for the dog to have rabies he would have been bitten by another rabid creature. and its possible that 2 weeks isn't even long enough for a rabies infection to present itself in the massively fatal, hydrophbic stage. And its also possible that the pup would have died of an infection long before, and again its only been alive 2 weeks. Its like a furry water balloon with teeth. and you think it has given you rabies. how do you live?

Dogs can detect casuals.

dogs are pretty much the definition of what 'core' is

Sarek

At least go to the doctor's in the morning to get some antibiotics....a dog's mouth has bacteria and you should be more concerned about cellulitis or something rather than rabies.

Yeah, I don't know why everyone is making fun of the OP. I love dogs, but I would absolutely go see a doctor to get antibiotics if I a dog bit me. I know someone who in the end had to have her leg amputated because of an infection she got from her own dog biting her.

Well the OP is from South East Asia it i think, not the US, oops i misread it as Seattle

Shut up I'm from the UK so i dont know all the State abbriviations, i assume Seattle is SA not SEA, my bad.

Seattle is SEA as well, but I don't see city names abbreviated very often. Mostly in sports scores.

Randam

The wound is pretty small. Half the width of my finger. It is pretty deep though since it bled a lot.

I'm from SEA. I've asked around and it seems people here believe that rabies are stronger when the dogs are pretty young.

I didn't know this constituted as a joke thread but if it feels like it then just treat it as me being paranoid and also sleepy because it 4am.

I read that a puppy's teeth is actually sharper before 5 weeks and it falls off to make the permanent ones grow so yes it does have the ability to puncture.

The puppy was also vomitting something I cleaned it up and fed it some food which led to me being bitten probably because she was excited. Then I read the symptoms of rabies in dogs and saw vomitting so I was pretty paranoid and made the thread.
Which country is SEA?

MCN

Banned
Is this another one of those threads that demonstrates that GAF members are completely unable to function in the outside world?

nope

German Shepards.

I fucking hate those cunts with a passion. I have literally never met one that hasn't wanted to eat me, and i have met more than i've ever wanted to
I know a German Shepard that is a sweetheart but yeah you look into his eyes and you know he could rip you apart if he wanted to. Instead he just wants to play fetch though so it's cool.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
A 2 week old puppy? I don't even see how it would have the power in its jaw to pierce skin. What breed is it?

Jaeger

Yeah, I don't know why everyone is making fun of the OP. I love dogs, but I would absolutely go see a doctor to get antibiotics if I a dog bit me. I know someone who in the end had to have her leg amputated because of an infection she got from her own dog biting her.

Sad to hear that. I'm sure the dog wasn't 2 weeks old, though. Keeping a dog healthy and clean is pretty easy.

Hyoukokun

Did not know the bolded was thing. Seems like a very specific phobia.
Probably more of a manifestation of anxiety and stress than anything else, but yeah, I got seriously hammered by it after getting bit by a dog some years ago. Rationally, I knew perfectly well that the odds of getting rabies from a dog bite were tiny, but that didn't stop my brain from running through ridiculous what-if scenarios. Reading up on what happens if you do get infected with rabies didn't help in the slightest (don't do that).

Interesting Seattle fact - there are more dogs than children.
I've been to Seattle and they take dogs very seriously. Every other shop downtown is something for your dog. They even have doggy psychiatrists.
That really doesn't have anything to do with the OP, just wanted to add that tidbit about Seattle, where they reside.

Beckx

Um

Did she have a dog or a Komodo dragon?

I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy OP. If there is anyplace where I can send donations to funeral expenses, let me know, finding out you having only mere hours to live must be heartbreaking. Hopefully the disease doesn't consume your body so you can have an open casket funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom