• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

Kumubou

Weird he was top 16 at capcup be should have been here.
Invitations were based on CPT season standings (top 12 global plus the highest regional player in NA/EU/SA/Asis), not CPT finals placement (as originally reported). That's why neither Kazunoko or GO1 were invited, even though they both made top 8 at Capcom Cup finals.

But we need e-sports superstars like Gootecks invited, even though he has no real shot making it past the prelims. What's the point?

Why are people obsessing over Gootecks, an icon in the scene, when there's an invited player whose only claim to fame is that they physically attacked their opponent after losing a match.

And we don't know who declined invites. Maybe they asked Mike Ross too, who knows.

Vice

Invitations were based on CPT season standings (top 12 global plus the highest regional player in NA/EU/SA/Asis), not CPT finals placement (as originally reported). That's why neither Kazunoko or GO1 were invited, even though they both made top 8 at Capcom Cup finals.

But we need e-sports superstars like Gootecks invited, even though he has no real shot making it past the prelims. What's the point?
Personalities and storylines. Marn, Gilty, Gooteck and LPN look like they're there mainly for that. Marn and Gilty can usually end up playing out of their mind then floppi g though. Should be good.

j.rob

Is that a silhouette of the Smash 4 render of Ryu they are using for the group explanation? I find that slightly amusing ahaha.

Should be hype tho. Lets goooooo.

I bet you're excited to watch some SFV Kumu 8)

I'd been hearing about this but hadn't seen the details of it in one place yet. Nice thread. Event sounds cool. I'll watch for sure.

Hahaha oh man, Zhi on national television

I know, right? Dude's my second favorite commentator but Zhi is too much for national TV. How James Chen wasn't selected for this is mind boggling. He's the only commentator I know that explains fighting game terms or gives helpful info about fighting games to newcomers of the scene.

I know, right? Dude's my second favorite commentator but Zhi is too much for national TV. How James Chen wasn't selected for this is mind boggling. He's the only commentator I know that explains fighting game terms or gives helpful info about fighting games to newcomers of the scene.

Could have been a CPT scheduling conflict. Maybe Sajam and Steve have a different deal that lets them miss days or events but James can't.

Zhi on TV should be interesting. At least it's late at night sometimes.

They should save this type of thing for MvCI

SFV..
ebd0b8bac152e9390835385aba075eab.png

Wow it's almost like you haven't been paying attention.

Sf5 is hype af lately.

Could have been a CPT scheduling conflict. Maybe Sajam and Steve have a different deal that lets them miss days or events but James can't.

Zhi on TV should be interesting. At least it's late at night sometimes.

Yeah, it'll be interesting alright, although it more than likely we'll get a very watered down Zhi.

Gootecks invited over people like ChrisG or Arturo. How outlandish.

gootecks has done a lot for the community. now inviting gllty over Arturo is more offensive. I remember how she was trying to resell Daigo's book when it was first sold in english for hundreds of dollars which was scummy as fuck.

there was also that incident with that gief player last year that made her look awful.

Pompadour

I'm not a pro player that got passed over for an invitation so I prefer to have a few "personalities" here. There's already plenty of tournaments that are open to everyone.

Shmuppers

Pulling for Smug.

Dude brings the hype at every tourney he participates in. Seeing Daigo's Guile in a tournament setting will be interesting as well.

fresquito

gootecks has done a lot for the community. now inviting gllty over Arturo is more offensive. I remember how she was trying to resell Daigo's book when it was first sold in english for hundreds of dollars which was scummy as fuck.
What world do you live in? If I could make hundreds of dollars off selling a book, you bet I would? Are people like you for real?

Or maybe it's that I don't ride a white horse and see things differently from down here...

trixx

How does this work with season 2.5 on the horizon midway through the tournament?

And yeah missing people like Art, who's been working hard for years and a guy that's real good in Chris G, was a mistake imo

BadWolf

What world do you live in? If I could make hundreds of dollars off selling a book, you bet I would? Are people like you for real?

Or maybe it's that I don't ride a white horse and see things differently from down here...

What she did isn't wrong but generally speaking people just don't like scalpers.

Top Bottom