• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim DLC "Dawnguard" coming this summer

Hambone

Can't wait! If it's anywhere near as ambitious as Shivering Isles then it should be amazing.

This.

Shivering Isles was awesome. I loved the characters in Bliss\Dementia, especially the blacksmith in Dementia who said she'd kill you if you went to the other blacksmith. Such an awesome expansion pack. You can tell they had fun writing the quests, and dialog.

Plasmid

Posted yet?

TmAuho.gif

lexi

Banned
360 timed exclusivity shouldn't particularly surprise anyone. One look at the godawful UI and you know this game was developed with consoles as the first priority.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
360 timed exclusivity shouldn't particularly surprise anyone. One look at the godawful UI and you know this game was developed with consoles as the first priority.

"Godawful UI" and "Consoles" is not always synonymous. Just like "Awesome UI" and "PC" is not always synonymous.

Don't be so bitter.

web01

Can't wait! If it's anywhere near as ambitious as Shivering Isles then it should be amazing. I'm even tempted to get a Kinect to use the voice controls with it.

LOL do not kid yourself, Skyrim is less ambitious than both Oblivion and Morrowind especially for the time it was released. They went backwards on quests, guilds, towns, enemies,, user interface, shops and loot. The most redeeming factor was the overworld. I am not expecting much at all for this DLC but hopefully i am wrong and they actually take on some of the criticism they have received though it seems unlikely.

no, it looks incredibly dated compared to skyrim

Uh, no. I don't want to go all Amirox here, but opinions can sometimes can be wrong, and your opinion is wrong. Factually. Skyrim's interface is clunky shit compared to Oblivion's UI, which is in turn shit compared to Morrowind's (Xbox port, at least).

Also, 30 days doesnt seem that bad. 360 owners get to beta test it for everyone else!

That is a damn good point.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, I'm not entirely mad about PS3 getting it 1 month later, I want to finish everything everywhere with this character and am playing a lot of Dark Souls on the side, so the extra time serves me.

So I will approve this decision that will make a lot of people angry for a whole month because it kind of suits me.

Aaron

Uh, no. I don't want to go all Amirox here, but opinions can sometimes can be wrong, and your opinion is wrong. Factually. Skyrim's interface is clunky shit compared to Oblivion's UI, which is in turn shit compared to Morrowind's (Xbox port, at least).
On the PC? I just played Oblivion yesterday and the interface is shit. You can't even pull up the map directly, and it's a pain to navigate if you have more than a dozen items. It's also huge on the PC without mods. Skyrim was a big improvement. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

I don't get this. What did they announce?

A name and a rough timeframe. They also gave people yet another date to look forward, and now will simply sit back and check the forums with the salivating speculating fans while smiling malignantly.

Pretty effective PR. Pretty *grating* PR.

(._.)

Banned
will be a nice pick up for $6 when it goes for sale on steam two months later. would have maybe purchased day one if it wasn't exclusive to the platform I don't have Skyrim on.

I like how Microsoft is actively paying money to hold back one of their platforms (Windows) in favor of the other (360). Isn't that nice of them.

70 some hours in, and considering I haven't even Retrieved the Horn of Jorgen Windcaller yet, I think I'll be ready for Skyrim again come Dawnguard.

...And maybe even a new PC.

DTKT

I like how Microsoft is actively paying money to hold back one of their platforms (Windows) in favor of the other (360). Isn't that nice of them.

Microsoft does not give a single fuck about the PC platform. Everyone should know that by now.

Pyrrhus

I don't personally understand the clamor. I'm still completely saturated when it comes to Skyrim. I played about 100 hours of it and when I think back on it now, everything about it is this big grayish smear of going to bandit caves and crouching to one-shot everything from the shadows with arrows. What is this expansion, DLC minisode, whatever, going to do to spice that up?

iNvid02

I don't personally understand the clamor. I'm still completely saturated when it comes to Skyrim. I played about 100 hours of it and when I think back on it now, everything about it is this big grayish smear of going to bandit caves and crouching to one-shot everything from the shadows with arrows. What is this expansion, DLC minisode, whatever, going to do to spice that up?

i stopped playing since last year after getting burned out fast, was a stealth archer too doing the same thing

few days ago i started a new game and chose warrior with a bit of magic and it feels great, the game is fun and fresh again.

i could probably start again with an all magic class later down the line

of course the mods i have also play a big part, some really cool stuff out there now
pet sabre cat is my fav

so i reckon if you take a break and come back and go down a new route it will be fun again

Ammish

Banned
...Oh, so I'll have to wait an extra 30 days? (PC User)

So, I'm assuming the DLC will have crossbows in it? I am primarily a bow and arrow person.

Top Bottom