View Single Post
AtomskEater
(09-14-2017, 12:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Keri

It is a bit of a stretch, but it's within the province of a Judge to make credibility determinations. It would be better to rephrase it as saying: "Her lack of focus on the stand and attempt to change the subject, suggests she lacks confidence in her testimony and is not telling the truth."

Generally, when people get dodgy on the stand, it's taken as an indication they may be lying. In this case, her comment was nice, but it's still avoiding the subject...

Avoiding what subject, thought? I'm skimming the article but I don't see where in the cross-examination this comment was placed. It's a weird comment to make during the trial for sure, but there would be a difference to me if she said this at the end of the cross-examination or if this was the first thing out of her mouth after a question where the answer wouldn't make her look good.

The insecure comment just seems like a mean dig from the judge. Are unusual (either in content or timing) compliments to strangers a sign of insecurity in general?