• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes sells well and Suda cries tears of joy

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Awesome! Maybe now the can grant Suda that sequel with a little bit bigger budget, now he can address the problems the first game had!

Just hurry up and release it in PAL regions already Rising Star. :'(

FTWer said:
100,000 is now good?

28a0o6d.jpg

ksamedi

Atleast it would give him an opportunity to create a sequal for a change. He say's he doesn't like sequals, I think its because he never had the chance to make one.

TJ Spyke said:
Um, I think it was confirmed in the NPD thread that the 100K number came from ioi's site (meaning it's BS).

Ummm, this is from Marvelous' president.

thats what i was thinking.

This is Suda 51 game.

Killer 7 sold like 15K, if that, in it's first month.

NMH has absolutely smashed the sales of any of his other games.

The game also received little to no advertising.

It was also a low-budget affair, and will therefore rake in more profits, which will allow money for a future sequal.

This is excellent news, for both Suda and Wii owners.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
great news :D

bluheim said:
Is that supposed to be good ? I thought Uncharted was bombing, according to NeoGAF standards...
except Uncharted budget is astronomical compared to NMH.

ksamedi

bluheim said:
Is that supposed to be good ? I thought Uncharted was bombing, according to NeoGAF standards...
Its good because its the most succesfull Suda game ever and by a large margin that is. Uncharted got hyped as the saviour of the PS3, I think thats why people called it a bomb while it did pretty well actually.

AniHawk

TJ Spyke said:
Um, I think it was confirmed in the NPD thread that the 100K number came from ioi's site (meaning it's BS).

...If Suda got this information from ioi's site through GAF or ioi's site by itself, man. That would be so awesome and so sad at the same time.

TJ Spyke

Actual sold or shipped? Game publishers (at least in financial reports) list shipped numbers and say they are sold. NPD may not be 100% accurate (since they don't track all sales and rely on estimates for the stores they don't track), but it's generally more trustworthy since they only report sales numbers.

TJ Spyke said:
Actual sold or shipped? Game publishers (at least in financial reports) list shipped numbers and say they are sold. NPD may not be 100% accurate (since they don't track all sales and rely on estimates for the stores they don't track), but it's generally more trustworthy since they only report sales numbers.

It's a sell-through number.

AniHawk

TJ Spyke said:

UbiSoft shipped the game in NA and this isn't from UbiSoft.

TJ Spyke said:
well in that case lets question EVERY number.

Suddenly it all becomes relative again and 100,000 now means the same thing it did before you started questioning.

Great news if true. Here's the google translation for shits and giggles:

Yesterday the Wii software for "NO MORE HEROES" launch party.
In the domestic market, but not yet shipped 40,000 books in the United States through cell has already exceeded 10 million copies,
European launch in March for orders of 16 million copies together.
Worldwide shipments of 50 million copies can never hope to achieve.
Is a party, entered the Hall of Fame Gold FAMI-savvy editor himself and commended for taking the
RIMASHITA is on the very prime.

Later, the United States now have a new post-age juniors and Sega,
凄くreunion after a long time.

Today is a bank-sponsored lectures and reunion, and then the industry association.

Saturday, the day's events Nakagouti Takashi Masaru you.
Last week, a week ago, but continued without a full rest day,
I like to stay in shape TSUKETAI.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Wii Owners AM CASUAL ONLY RITE?

Seriously I own this game, best action game I have played in a LONG time!

Some may disagree, but fuck this game is amazing ^-^

Maybe Suda wont hate Wii now?

chance for more hardcore Wii games now?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sp0rsk said:
I don't quite think he wants to do that.
Didn't he say this is the first Grasshopper IP he'd like to expand upon?

Edit: Found it!
http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8769&Itemid=2&limitstart=2

With all the talent involved in this project, do you feel Travis and his world will go on to other adventures in the future, or new horizons beyond videogames?

We had tremendous support from [publisher] Marvelous when we first presented the idea. It is in part because of the talent of the artists we worked with who created very charismatic designs. I really would like Travis to exist beyond No More Heroes for the Wii. When I first imagined this world, I thought it could be expanded, and when you finish the game you’ll hopefully feel that too. So, if we have the chance, perhaps this might become Grasshopper’s first expanding IP.

bluheim said:
20 millions Wii Worldwide. 500 000 NMH in the end and in the best case scenario. I'll let you do the math.
There are over 100 million PS2s out there, every PS2 game bomba confirmed.

Lobster

Banned
TJ Spyke said:

I think that if retailers bought 100k copies of the game..its still a success..Suda still gets that money.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
bluheim said:
20 millions Wii Worldwide. 500 000 NMH in the end and in the best case scenario. I'll let you do the math.

Killer 7 was released to a bigger audience (PS2 + GC) and did worse...

This is the game that was supposed to bomb, with little-to-no-advertising

a niche game that has worked entirely on word of mouth sales? I think its doing fan-freaking-tastic

I dont think its too late for Ubi to market it and go for 1 million WW!!! :D

(Oh and while I still am pissed at Ubisoft for the shitty abuse us Wii owners have received this importing this is a HUGE step towards redemption for them!)

Kafel

Banned
bluheim said:

He should have used bold too. Maybe you wouldn't have missed the word "ONLY".

I'm hoping it cracks 500k WW. I remember that Marvelous wanted NMH to do 1 million WW, but that's probably not going to happen unless it's got some crazy legs.

Aeris130

bluheim said:

But from a statistical viewpoint, this does indeed rule out the fact that Wii owners are casuals only.

Lobster

Banned
bluheim said:

110+ million Ps2 WW, <100k Killer 7 sold.

GTFO of the thread.

bafflewaffle said:
Great news if true. Here's the google translation for shits and giggles:

What is up with that translation? :lol

Here's my AltaVista translation. :lol

Yesterday for Wii had the launch party of software "NO MORE HEROES". In the country still shipment 4 ten thousand is, but in America being the cell through already, 10 ten thousand these breaking, in Europe directing to March sale, the incoming order 16 ten thousand has gotten together. 50 ten thousand these shipments with world wide we would like to achieve absolutely. With the party, &#12501;&#12449;&#12511; commendation of the gold palace entering chief editor you went personally, in regard to very quantity increased &#12522;. After that, the junior of the Sega era which now has assumed a new post to America and, it met again enormously after a long time. Today, the seminar and coffee hour of bank sponsorship, after that, is assembly of industry. The earth, day is a medium Kawachi elegance your your event. Last week, it continues to future week and there is no complete recreation day is, but in order not to destroy physical condition, we would like to pay attention.

Top Bottom