• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 vs PS3 retail exclusives (+ restrictions) released US or EU 2010-2013

FINALBOSS

Banned
Just saw this on reddit and thought it was an interesting perspective on exclusive games and a reason why this particular user is getting a PS4 over an Xbone (assuming the trend continues--especially now with bundled Kinect)

zl10SZ0.jpg

I'm sure some shit is missing though.

LQX

XBLA should be taken into account. Ton of great games, better than retail releases even, have been released on the service.

Also, does the PS3 list include Japanese exclusives? Pretty sure 360 Japan has a few of SHMUPs not listed.

1st party and anime games vs first party and Kinect. Yay? (Although I personally do enjoy Atlus/Nippon Ichi)

And 360 over the course of the entire life arguably had far superior and more varied 3rd party software which stayed exclusive.

Yawnier

Banned
it cant be that low for 360 cant it?[in terms of core titles]

Its probably missing a few games I would imagine, but you don't have to look very far take this year for example.

Look at the PS3's exclusives released and going to be released this year compared to the 360's exclusives this year.

Off the top of my head: Sly Cooper, PSABR, Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force, and atleast one of the MLB games.

Playstation exclusives......

FINALBOSS

Banned
Is Ni No Kuni PS3 exclusive, or is it completely different from the DS version?

Completely different. Like night and day games.

That said, Ni No Kuni was one of my favorite games this gen. I put so many hours into that game it'd make your head spin.

Its probably missing a few games I would imagine, but you don't have to look very far take this year for example.

Look at the PS3's exclusives released and going to be released this year compared to the 360's exclusives this year.

That's what I'm wondering, but I'm trying to think of some.

Maybe Dark? Is that there?

Vespene

I just came to the realization that if you mentioned the term "motion controls" back in 2003, I would've been beyond exited. Now it just incites despair...

Apath

That said, Ni No Kuni was one of my favorite games this gen. I put so many hours into that game it'd make your head spin.
I had the wizard edition pre-ordered months in advance, since like August of last year or something like that. The day before it shipped I was notified my order was cancelled and I am still bitter. Maybe in another year I'll pick it up at a bargain bin price.
DS version didn't come out in America.
Did it come out in Europe or just Japan? (Not that this is relevant to the thread since it's not really the same game.)

With that said, this thread is pretty funny considering it's common knowledge that Microsoft literally abandoned core gamers after they released Kinect.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Well then do it. All I see is a incomplete list imo.

If you do that the margin will be even bigger.

And I think this list isn't including games that can be found on the PC as well--i.e. Alan Wake.

Just things in the systems ecosystem.

I had the wizard edition pre-ordered months in advance, since like August of last year or something like that. The day before it shipped I was notified my order was cancelled and I am still bitter. Maybe in another year I'll pick it up at a bargain bin price.

Same here man, same here :(

One of the saddest things of this year--esp that whole fiasco. Still though, game was amazing.

Usobuko

Banned
Now let's see 2005-2009

Ah yes, this.

Although to Sony credits, it convinces a handful of people to jump ship and shows they actively support PS3. It also gives the impression that Xbox is all about securing the core at first, expanding rapidly to the mainstream and then monetizing anything they could get their hands on since people are invested in their ecosystem. In some ways, PS+ took a similar route.

It's a winning strategy by Microsoft this generation, just not one I'm a fan of.

Top Bottom