• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
==========

UDPATE 12/11/2006

Regarding Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on PS3:

There will be additional unlockables which allow you to download FMV sequences(endings/intros and maybe more possibly) within the game. This is not included in the 800 MB download and will require more download space.

And here's some VF Stick High Grade images:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/12/11/103,1165813609,64271,0,0.html

It should be good for all fighting games as long as you can remap the buttons. It does in fact use authentic arcade parts. I'll be getting a pair of these for sure!

==========

UPDATE 12/08/2006

Here is the official site:

http://namco-ch.net/tekken5_dr/index.php

Here is some coverage for the games:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061208/tk5.htm

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/12/08/103,1165563881,64195,0,0.html

==========

Special thanks to duckroll for bringing the news in the Persona 3 thread.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/

Word out of Japan is a popular gaming magazine has indicated the next game from the Tekken franchise will be none other than Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on the PS3!? Early reports note that it will be based off the arcade version of the game.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is said to be a downloadable game and the release date and pricing is yet to be determined. The news snippet also mentioned that the game will feature high definition graphics and a playable Jinpachi.

Modes confirmed are Arcade Mode, Ghost Battle, and Gallery Mode.

More information as it develops!

---

<<< still doing headspins from the Tekken 5: DR announcement.

I can get rid of my arcade board now!

111016837_b2efdbdfd0.jpg

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/

!!!!!!!!!!!

Online vs mode would be gold, but IF they cant provide that PLEASE have some kind of network rankings. (like GT-HD will have)

theBishop

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Online vs mode would be gold, but IF they cant provide that PLEASE have some kind of network rankings. (like GT-HD will have)

Considering Namco's resistance to taking the series online thus far, i doubt a downloadable game is going to be Tekken Online's coming out party.

In fact, i'd be surprised if Tekken 6 is online.

However, the PSP version already does have online ranking, so i would expect to see that here.

LJ11

jiggle said:
Already have PSP version, but if this is 15 bucks or less, i'd totally get it :D

They charge $10 for Blast Factor (it's $8 for a limited time IIRC), so I'm assuming the price will be closer to $25-$30 than $15. Lumines on the 360 is around $18. If they sell it for cheaper fine by me.

I loved Tekken 5 so this is awesome news. I would love to see some online play but that's better left to Tekken 6.

kevm3

I hope this can be the PS3's Tekken Tag Tournament. Basically the older game, but pushes the PS3's graphics hard.

jiggle

LJ11 said:
They charge $10 for Blast Factor (it's $8 for a limited time IIRC), so I'm assuming the price will be closer to $25-$30 than $15. Lumines on the 360 is around $18. If they sell it for cheaper fine by me.

I loved Tekken 5 so this is awesome news. I would love to see some online play but that's better left to Tekken 6.

Isn't $15 the cap on all downloads? Not saying they won't increase it, but I'd just like to hope that they won't -.-;

duckroll

CO_Andy said:
Hmm... wonder if hackers can dump this to be playable on PS2?

It's a full HD port, so no. And it's a port of the ARCADE version, so guys, 15 bucks is perfectly reasonable for an upgraded port of an arcade title that's a few years old. Don't expect 30 FMV endings in 1080p, that's all.

LJ11

duckroll said:
That's easy. They'll just release Tekken Themed UNO Deck for 500 points. :p

:lol

If MS would remove the damn restrictions, maybe this 1 game a week bullshit would disappear. Size limit needs to go as well. I would laugh my ass off if Sony gets Castlevania: SOTN on PSN before it comes out on XBLA.

You have to admit that this is a great way for Namco to get more profit with little risk.
Would be interesting to see if other PSP or even arcade devs try it if it does well.
It cuts alot of their overhead costs in bringing a game to a console.

duckroll

Whoa, I just had a thought... and I think it makes lots of sense:

GT4 -> GT4 HD = GT HD Concept (free download) -> GT5 (PS3 game)

Could Namco be doing a similar way of previewing HD graphics on their main fighting franchise?

Tekken 5 -> Tekken 5 HD = Tekken 5 DR (paid download) -> Tekken 6 (PS3 game)

Zaptruder

Banned
That 64mb limit is really limiting XBLA pretty badly huh.

Man... if only both machines could've gone with standard 3.5" HDD.

llTll

Banned
thanls to duckroll from the orginal post.

and the OP starter, this is a stunning news.

i wonder if the graphics will get remake or just cleaned up PSP/PS2/ Arcade game just like GT:HD demo

LJ11

duckroll said:
Whoa, I just had a thought... and I think it makes lots of sense:

GT4 -> GT4 HD = GT HD Concept (free download) -> GT5 (PS3 game)

Could Namco be doing a similar way of previewing HD graphics on their main fighting franchise?

Tekken 5 -> Tekken 5 HD = Tekken 5 DR (paid download) -> Tekken 6 (PS3 game)

Sounds reasonable to me. All we need is a "reasonable" release date, like January for example. :)

CO_Andy

duckroll said:
It's a full HD port, so no. And it's a port of the ARCADE version, so guys, 15 bucks is perfectly reasonable for an upgraded port of an arcade title that's a few years old. Don't expect 30 FMV endings in 1080p, that's all.
If the port's getting extras like Gallery mode it just might have the CG endings (although i won't hold my breath cause Namco's gonna botch the extras to limit the size). Still, 4-disc titles such as FF8 are sure to arrive in the future...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I remember we debated whether generally a framework for downloadable and playable PSP games on PS3 should be made available (a game that would be transferable and playabale on either). I guess this might be a little step closer :p

duckroll

CO_Andy said:
If the port's getting extras like Gallery mode it just might have the CG endings (although i won't hold my breath cause Namco's gonna botch the extras to limit the size). Still, 4-disc titles such as FF8 are sure to arrive in the future...

An art gallery and an opening FMV is very different from having 30 different HD FMV movies. The game is going to be running in HD, so if they keep the FMVs at normal resolution it's going to look VERY bad. That's why I don't think there will be FMV endings.

Hunahan

Banned
Damn. I really didn't expect not having a PS3 this early would get so difficult so quickly.

You really can't beat that.

Well...you could....but whatever, it's still nice.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ThatCrazyGuy said:
YES, I bought my PSP for nothing!!!

here comes the dumb psp bashing. You know the psp is a portable. Playing Tekken on the train/bus/car is still good.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What would be really cool is if you could transfer character data from the PSP version to the PS3 version and visa versa.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CO_Andy said:

No way it will have CG endings if its an arcade port AND a downloadable title. Plus I'm sure they still want to get more sales out of the PSP version, so I wouldn't be expecting all the features from the PS2 and PSP Tekken 5s.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Lyte Edge said:
What would be really cool is if you could transfer character data from the PSP version to the PS3 version and visa versa.

Would be really cool if the game was transferable and playable between the two platforms.

Sony should really establish a new 'profile' of downloadable game that is playable on both platforms, just as with the PSone downloadables. Not all PS3 downloadables would need to conform to it, but it could be the new standard for PSP software (i.e. all PSP software could be like this, if and when they come out with this PSP with large internal storage). Then it truly and wholly would be a platform for taking games with you on the go..its existence would be genuinely justified by its portability rather than the exclusivity of its games to that platform (since the games would all be playable on PS3), which is really how a portable platform should be.

Of course, I don't see them making such a bold move :p

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yoboman said:
I wonder what they mean by "HD graphics." Upgrade total, or Tekken 5.2?
Sounds like Tekken DR (with a couple new features) from the PSP @ 1080p on the ps3. Too keep size down, I doubt they will go with ps3 scale graphics/textures or even CG endings. But still, this is awesome news. Just give me a date and I'm there. :D

I posted this in the JP magazine news thread but what the hell:

Mr_Furious said:
Tekken 5 DR announced for PS3 = good news

Tekken 5 DR being DL only = bad news

I guess I'm gonna have to pass.

Bad_Boy said:
pass because you can only download it? not sure what you mean.
Basically. I always prefer to have something tangible to show for my money but I have a hunch Tekken 5 DR won't be $10 or less which is the max I'd pay for DL content.

Azrael

Sounds like Tekken DR (with a couple new features) from the PSP @ 1080p on the ps3. Too keep size down, I doubt they will go with ps3 scale graphics/textures or even CG endings. But still, this is awesome news. Just give me a date and I'm there.

It says based on the arcade version, so I doubt it's the PSP port in HD.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Mr_Furious said:
Basically. I always prefer to have something tangible to show for my money but I have a hunch Tekken 5 DR won't be $10 or less which is the max I'd pay for DL content.
fair enough then. I'll definately be getting this though.

Azrael said:
It says based on the arcade version, so I doubt it's the PSP port in HD.
Ah good point, dunno why I did not think of the arcade board. :x This would be even better then? graphics wise :)

It would be nice to play Tekken DR on PS3, but it lacks all the cool modes Tekken DR on PSP has. Still, it's better than nothing. IMO, that would blow every XBLA download away.

Top Bottom