• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of Europe has quite a busy release schedule for the rest of the year

Shiggy

Nintendo of Europe seems to have a pretty busy second half of the year between 3DS and Switch releases. Considering they just announced games such as Yo-Kai Watch 2 last week, we can probably expect even more releases and more limited editions (both Hyrule Warriors titles and both Xenoblade Chronicles games got limited editions for example, FE Warriors already has a limited edition announced for Japan).

Retail software
July
Splatoon 2 - July 21
Hey! Pikmin - July 28
Miitopia - July 28
Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused? - July 28

September
Monster Hunter Stories (distributed by Nintendo of Europe) - September 8
Metroid: Samus Returns - September 15
Pokemon Silver Edition - September 22
Pokemon Gold Edition - September 22
Pokken DX - September 22
YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters - September 29

October
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - October 6
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - October 13
Super Mario Odyssey - October 27

November
Pokémon Ultra Sun - November 17
Pokémon Ultra Moon - November 17

Fire Emblem Warriors for Nintendo Switch - Fall
Fire Emblem Warriors for Nintendo 3DS - Fall
Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy - Fall
Untitled Kirby game for Nintendo 3DS - Winter
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Winter
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Winter

Limited Editions
Metroid: Samus Returns - Legacy Edition - September 15
Pokémon Ultra Sun - Fan-Edition - November 17
Pokémon Ultra Moon - Fan-Edition - November 17
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon - Ultra Dual Edition - November 17

Hardware
Nintendo Switch - Neon Red/Blue + Splatoon 2 - July 21
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - Splatoon 2 Edition - July 21
Nintendo Switch Accessory Set (Carry Case + Screen Protector) - Splatoon 2 Edition - July 21
Joy-Con Pair (Neon Green/Neon Pink) - July 28
New Nintendo 2DS XL - Black and Turquoise - July 28
New Nintendo 2DS XL - White and Orange - July 28
Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System - September 29
Nintendo USB AC Adapter - September 29

metro_softwaremns4d.png

And this doesn't even include all the amiibo releases.

-shadow-

Splatoon 2, Miitopia, Metroid: Samus Returns - Legacy Edition, Pokemon Silver Edition, Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Super Mario Odyssey, Untitled Kirby game for Nintendo 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

This is one rather expensive second half for me!

javac

Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training was taking up all of their resources, it was a gargantuan task, but with that now done and out of the way the team at NoE sighed, "now we can focus"

Shiggy

Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training was taking up all of their resources, it was a gargantuan task, but with that now done and out of the way the team at NoE sighed, "now we can focus"

haha, they had to play it for five years to stay focussed.

Is Nintendo publishing Skyrim? huh..

Also, August looking empty. Should we expect something there?

August is too soon, and it's the summer. Don't expect anything for that.
And yeah, Nintendo is publishing Skyrim!

sphinx

the piano man
I am all set for the rest of the year

.- Hey Pikmin
.- Metroid LE
.- Etrian Odyssey V

after that, thanks 3DS you had a good run.

13ruce

Banned
- Metroid Samus Returns.
- Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga.
- Splatoon 2.
- Mario Odyssey.
- Pokemon Ultra Sun.
- Monster Hunter Stories.
- Xenoblade 2.
- Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2 (if 1s story is in)
- Skyrim Switch (i am a motion control lover + on the go and amiibo features)
- SONIC FORCES.
- Maybe Kirby.

This is my retail game buy list for the rest of the year on Switch + a few indies like Sonic Mania and Hollow Knight if it makes it this year and that GTA like pixel game.

Switch:

Splatoon 2
Mario + Rabbids
Mario Odyssey
Skyrim

3DS:

Metroid Legacy Edition (if I can find it)

SNES Mini, Metroid amiibo and hopefully all the Zelda amiibo once they restock.

Tizoc

Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused? - July 28
DON'T FRIKKIN' DO THIS TO ME MAN!

Mark1

July:
Splatoon 2

August:
Sonic Mania
Mario * Rabbids

September:
Metroid: Samus Returns

October:
Mario Odyssey

Christmas:
Xenoblade 2
Sonic Forces

Ekid

You forgot Culdcept Revolt scheduled for September 1, which is probably the only nintendo published game I will buy during the rest of the year, maybe alongside Story of Season.

Edit: Seems to be published by Nisa, I thought nintendo was publishing it for some reasons.

Sayer

Didn't know Story of seasons was confirmed. I'm in two minds, kind of moved on except for metroid on the 3ds and there is stardew vally on switch. On the other hand I feel like I need to support Nintendo so they keep bringing them to europe.

Oregano

You forgot Culdcept Revolt scheduled for September 1, which is probably the only nintendo published game I will buy during the rest of the year, maybe alongside Story of Season.

Edit: Seems to be published by Nisa, I thought nintendo was publishing it for some reasons.

You're probably confused as it is actually a Nintendo game originally(in Japan), it's somewhat notable that NISA managed to get the international rights to it.

Shiggy

Nintendo produced the game and published it in Japan, but they decided not to bring it over. NISA is releasing it in Europe on October 6 (not September 1).

Wtf, isn't Yo-kai Watch 2 without a release date? At least everywhere says autum.

They haven't communicated the date with consumers, but they have with retailers. They also haven't communicated a retail release for Pokemon Gold/Silver.

Didn't know Story of seasons was confirmed. I'm in two minds, kind of moved on except for metroid on the 3ds and there is stardew vally on switch. On the other hand I feel like I need to support Nintendo so they keep bringing them to europe.

They announced it at the end of June.

Hmm, so Mario X Rabbids isn't actually handled by NoE themselves?

That two week run of Metroid, VC Pokemon and Pokken is coming for me wallet, maybe I'm better off if MvC Infinite underwhelms at release.

Shiggy

oti

Banned
Nice gap between MH Stories and Pokémon. Two turn based RPGs back-to-back would be too much for me.

CheckMate

Sometimes I wish I had a pause button that freezes time so I can play without feeling like a piece of shit for neglecting any responsibilities I have.

Lucreto

Sometimes I wish I had a pause button that freezes time so I can play without feeling like a piece of shit for neglecting any responsibilities I have.

I know the feeling, I have so much to play but life gets in the way. I wish I have a Hyperbolic Time Chamber from Dragonball just to clear the backlog.

Oh man, September is stacked, I'm going to have to make some hard choices in the end weeks there. I only have so much free time lol. Lots of great stuff though to year's end, I really only have no interest in Dr Kawishima or the Mario & Luigi games, otherwise I'd play it all if I could. I'm gonna try anyway.

Is Pokemon Gold/Silver just a weird listing then?

Velcro Fly

Wonder if that is going to be the date for Yokai Watch 2 3rd version in NA

That would be a rough stretch with that, Culdcept, and M&L within a week. Good lord.

Top Bottom